Sponsored

4'' Base to 8'' SYNC 3 Harness

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Does anyone make a harness for this conversion? I know some have it with kits, but was wondering if anyone sells just the harness?
Sponsored

rpm511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
I've asked OEM about this before and he said the time/parts are hard to come by and don't make it worthwhile unless a ton of them are ordered

OP
OP

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Yeah pretty much it is buy his kit or nothing. I may have to just deal with how mine is. $2K is just too much for a little benefit in terms of functionality for my use. If I could buy it in pieces, I would be able to hide it from my head, but one lump purchase makes it difficult. I know most of the price is from the hardware, just not financially logical to my mind at this point.

rpm511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Yeah pretty much it is buy his kit or nothing. I may have to just deal with how mine is. $2K is just too much for a little benefit in terms of functionality for my use. If I could buy it in pieces, I would be able to hide it from my head, but one lump purchase makes it difficult. I know most of the price is from the hardware, just not financially logical to my mind at this point.
Yeah i'm kinda in the same boat, i have the money but would i rather just wait and trade for a 2017 with the new sound system? There's some other posts that show how to do it manually with the parts, but you run the risk =/

Sponsored

OP
OP

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Yeah i'm kinda in the same boat, i have the money but would i rather just wait and trade for a 2017 with the new sound system? There's some other posts that show how to do it manually with the parts, but you run the risk =/
Yeah you can do it, but harness would make it easier and I already have forscan assuming that is all that is needed for the APIM adjustments since that has the ability to edit the APIM parameters.

No big deal, just saves me money I guess. Maybe if prices drop, but I don't expect them to drop anytime soon.

rpm511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Yeah you can do it, but harness would make it easier and I already have forscan assuming that is all that is needed for the APIM adjustments since that has the ability to edit the APIM parameters.

No big deal, just saves me money I guess. Maybe if prices drop, but I don't expect them to drop anytime soon.

Yeah, i have no clue about setting up the hardware to work with our cars from another persons. Lemme know if you find out and it works, couple of Sync 3 mustangs are currently sitting in junkyards around my town

Pablotheartist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Yeah, i have no clue about setting up the hardware to work with our cars from another persons. Lemme know if you find out and it works, couple of Sync 3 mustangs are currently sitting in junkyards around my town
You have some in junkyards? I wish! Ive only seen ebay sync units

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I have harnesses in production.. I have heard everyone and I don't do it to lock you down.. or make it harder.. I just cant.. the Minimum order for connectors is in the THOUSANDS.. and I cant afford that.. I finally have some being made.. I have 100 being made.. I will be selling them soon

I used to sell them all the time.. I did.. there are guys on here that bought just the harness.. but I cant as one guy keep up.. I have many people that want them.. and they aren't easy to make and aren't easy to get the parts..

But here in a bout 2 weeks Ill have them

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
i got one for my build from OEM a while back, they are good, worth the wait.

Sponsored

rpm511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
I have harnesses in production.. I have heard everyone and I don't do it to lock you down.. or make it harder.. I just cant.. the Minimum order for connectors is in the THOUSANDS.. and I cant afford that.. I finally have some being made.. I have 100 being made.. I will be selling them soon

I used to sell them all the time.. I did.. there are guys on here that bought just the harness.. but I cant as one guy keep up.. I have many people that want them.. and they aren't easy to make and aren't easy to get the parts..

But here in a bout 2 weeks Ill have them
Yeah I don't blame you, the only way to make stuff like that profitable is if a large enough group does a buy. But even then we'd still need programming and what not.

OP
OP

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Anyone updates on these harnesses?