Base to sync 3

marvinmichel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marvin
Vehicle(s)
18’GT Base 301A Finishing Paperwork
What parts do I need to swap from a base 2018 radio to sync 3 with Apple car play and those fancy premium silver toggle switches
Sponsored

Zombiefro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT 401A
I see your Vehicle listed is "Future Owner" so I'll assume you don't have a mustang yet.

There's probably little to no information on this yet due to the cars being pretty new still and not many people doing this swap yet, most of the times Raxiom or some other company will sell an aftermarket kit for the dash to do this, but as far as OEM swapping from a base to Sync well you're probably better of just getting the option from the get go.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
....most of the times Raxiom or some other company will sell an aftermarket kit for the dash to do this, but .....
WTF is wrong with Raxiom's site? What a POS. No info, nothing, just some pictures.

OP
OP

marvinmichel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marvin
Vehicle(s)
18’GT Base 301A Finishing Paperwork
I’m confused why can’t you do the swap for the 18 but can for the 17? What’s the difference and yeah I’m hoping to pick it up in 2-3 weeks trying to figure out if it’s cheaper to take the 2k rape on the 301A pack or try to install it my self if it’s cheaper

Sponsored

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Have you checked out the sync3 swap thread. Someone with a '18 or newer might have swapped and posted there.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/sync-3-swap-its-all-in-here.82973/
I was just going to suggest going here and getting an idea of what's required, whether its doable for the 18 yet or not.

If you buy a plug and play swap its in the 1800-2200 range so if you're going to spend that kind of money just get it from the factory. I was lucky to get a used Sync 3 swap for around $1k.

chaoscentral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
I’m confused why can’t you do the swap for the 18 but can for the 17? What’s the difference and yeah I’m hoping to pick it up in 2-3 weeks trying to figure out if it’s cheaper to take the 2k rape on the 301A pack or try to install it my self if it’s cheaper
Honestly I'd just do the 301A. That's my plan. You get all the other things like the dual zone climate control, driving modes, ambient lighting etc without having to step all the way up to the premium. Then you also don't have to fiddle with it to get it all working and flashing codes and all that fun stuff and you end up with more for your money. Sync3 swap isn't cheap. You'll pay atleast $1000 if not closer to $1500 just for the radio swap.
Sponsored