Sponsored

4 1/4 mile passes on a 1600 DA day.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Welcome to the real world of drag racing and shit drag strips that most of us have to race on.I think he a got spoiled the first time out with his ShelbyGT500 with great weather and private track rental prep.
I think he is a good young man and really enjoy his videos.

Last edited:

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I think the first time may not have been REAL. This is the real times for the GT500

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I think the first time may not have been REAL. This is the real times for the GT500
Others have run in the 10.6 to 10.7 range already. Those numbers are absolutely achievable on a well prepped surface. Your average Tuesday night test and tune though is going to have cars with slight leaks and street tires ruining the prep and ruining the traction out of the hole. Anyone who has drag raced more than a handful of times would know this.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Others have run in the 10.6 to 10.7 range already. Those numbers are absolutely achievable on a well prepped surface. Your average Tuesday night test and tune though is going to have cars with slight leaks and street tires ruining the prep and ruining the traction out of the hole. Anyone who has drag raced more than a handful of times would know this.
For sure

Sponsored

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Ken Bjonnes owner of Palm Beach Dyno ran his Stock Blue 2020 Shelbygt500(11.63ET 132MPH) at the private track rental video posted by Voodoo while testing two of the fastest Shelby gt500 in the country with great results on their tuned cars.I think 11.50ET would be my guess for most stock Shelbygt500 at most local tracks.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Looking at the 11.6 timeslip from the video and you can see he had a 2.2 60'. That's a terrible 60' and getting that back to a 1.7 would get him back into the 10's alone.

upload_2020-1-22_12-7-11.png

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Looking at the 11.6 timeslip from the video and you can see he had a 2.2 60'. That's a terrible 60' and getting that back to a 1.7 would get him back into the 10's alone.

upload_2020-1-22_12-7-11.png
I was thinking the same thing. Could be a function of his not being experienced at drag strips or a function of the strip condition. I'm still learning to launch my car right and my worst 60' on the slips I can find is 2.071 and I got crazy wheelspin on that run.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I was thinking the same thing. Could be a function of his not being experienced at drag strips or a function of the strip condition. I'm still learning to launch my car right and my worst 60' on the slips I can find is 2.071 and I got crazy wheelspin on that run.
I think it was the track, in the beginning of the video there's a GTR getting sideways and spinning in what looks like second gear. That's a bit nuts even for a street GTR.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I think you are finding out that Weather Conditions and Track Prep is so important how your car performs.I have a 2017 Mustang Gt with a Whipple Stage 2 with drag radials that runs 10.80ET at my shitty local race track and people tell me I have a friend with the same setup that runs so much faster than you. I think you are finding out how important track and weather conditions are.Have Fun!

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I think you are finding out that Weather Conditions and Track Prep is so important how your car performs.I have a 2017 Mustang Gt with a Whipple Stage 2 with drag radials that runs 10.80ET at my shitty local race track and people tell me I have a friend with the same setup that runs so much faster than you. I think you are finding out how important track and weather conditions are.Have Fun!
Exactly, that is like the GT500 getting a 10.6 and then never getting one again. It was a fluke. It is always what has something done for you lately. So when the guy loses a race, he can say,...."but 2 years ago someone got a 10.6!!"

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The trick is coming from guys that bracket race for money. Is learning how to deal with different track and weather conditions. If the track is hot and sticky. Let it rip and a little more air in the radials. Cold or bad prep. Air the tires down more and feed the throttle in slow. DCT cars are not going to help. What is your option with the dct? Lower the launch control?
Sponsored