4.09 Gears Break-In Needed?

01Romanss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible 6 Speed PP1
Getting my 4.09 gears put in today by local shop. Owner said I might want to drive it 500 miles at various speeds to heat cycle the gears. He said he has put gears in before and went right to the drag strip and never had a problem. Every once in awhile he has had one break, but not often.

The cars on the lot at the Ford dealership are surely test driven with lots of full throttle runs.

Should I drive it easy for some amount of time?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I naturally taken it easy on new parts whether it needs it or not. Gears I would likely be somewhat easy on for a few miles , atleast long enough to bring them to temp and look for any leaks? Following as I want 4.09's as well

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Getting my 4.09 gears put in today by local shop. Owner said I might want to drive it 500 miles at various speeds to heat cycle the gears. He said he has put gears in before and went right to the drag strip and never had a problem. Every once in awhile he has had one break, but not often.

The cars on the lot at the Ford dealership are surely test driven with lots of full throttle runs.

Should I drive it easy for some amount of time?

Thanks.
Did you get your gears installed?

OP
OP

01Romanss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible 6 Speed PP1
Did you get your gears installed?
Not yet. He didn’t get parts for other cars in front of me. Will be done late next week.
Sponsored