Sponsored

3rd Gen Coyote spark plug change

VroomVroom5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I've tried my damnest searching, but I can only find bits and pieces of information. Anyone have a good strategy when it comes to changing the spark plugs on a 3rd gen coyote 5.0, specifically that far back passenger side plug? It looks like a giant pain in the ass to get to. I'm at 42k and soon I'm planning to do the plugs.

I've seen only one apparent strategy by using two 3" extensions and one 1" extension, and a low-profile ratchet, to replace that rear plug. My only question is how can I fit a torque wrench on there if there's no clearance. I've done plenty of plugs before but the 3rd gen 5.0 makes it a real pain in the ass for the one passenger side spark plug. Worse case, anyone have a ballpark guess of what the dealer would charge for the replacement? I do have a extended warranty and I feel the dealership would try to fight me on any future claims if I didn't go through them.
Sponsored

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I can't remember exactly what I used but it was 1 or 2 extensions and 2 swivels. 1 swivel at the socket and a swivel at the ratchet. It was easy with that set up. I didn't use a torque wrench. Just a 1/4 turn after it's all the way in.