Sponsored

350R wheels are they worth $10,000 ? new in boxes

Rapshell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R/2014 Raptor
Brand new in boxes never mounted are they worth $10,000 ?
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would say you are paying all the money at that price. I see you already own an R. If you are thinking of buying and flipping the rims to make money, then $10,000 is probably too much to pay. If you want the rims because you want them and you are planning to keep them/use them, that is a very good price IMO.

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
I think that's too much. There were some for sale, recently, for 6k or so... Maybe less. Then again, those are never used... Either way, I think it's too much. To each his own.

OP
OP
Rapshell

Rapshell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R/2014 Raptor
Ok Thanks for your input,I know its about $6k less then then buying from a ford dealer and they are still in the boxes.I thought it woud be nice to have an extra set on hand,but will prices come down on carbon fiber maybe they will be less $$ in a few years

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Ok Thanks for your input,I know its about $6k less then then buying from a ford dealer and they are still in the boxes.I thought it woud be nice to have an extra set on hand,but will prices come down on carbon fiber maybe they will be less $$ in a few years
Since these CF wheels are unique to the 5 year run of the R models don't expect the price of these wheels to come down any day soon and would suggest that once Carbon Revolution discontinues build this style of wheel/size for the R models that prices may in fact go up as they will be very hard to find.

We all know that the Romeo engine plant has now discontinued building the 5.2 Voodoo engine which indicates to me that the 2019MY will be the last year for the GT350/R as we know it today but obviously could continue on with another engine design.

Just try and find a set of OEM wheels for a 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca as it is very difficult or even a 2012 Boss 302 car cover for that matter.

Yes, there were only 787 LS's built for the 2012MY compared to 2134 R models for the first 4 MY's but you get my point.

If you are not paying tax on these wheels and then back that out of the equation this is an outstanding deal IMO.

:like:

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Looks like the price has recently come down a bit (this is direct from Carbon Revolution, not sure if Ford has a lock on the GT350 wheels for a while). Still, even the new prices are ~$12,000 for a set. I think it will be a while for new wheels to be available @ ~$10,000.

I would expect that the wheels should never be more than what CR can sell an aftermarket wheel for, as they already have the design for the GT350 wheels. Not sure if Ford owns the tooling, but even that should be relatively easy to duplicate given that all their wheels use similar designs. I think it would be pretty insane if the Mustang GT350 wheels, which are OEM and therefore quite high volume, were to be more expensive than the aftermarket Porsche wheels that any chump with money can go purchase.

http://www.carbonrev.com/news/annou...y-mass-produced-one-piece-carbon-fiber-wheels

-T

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
With how many Mustangs are produced, I would think Carbon Revolution would want to continue selling into our market. I know I'd really like to eventually buy a set of the carbon fiber rims. Hopefully Carbon Revolution can continue making them and the price will fall.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
One of the things that helped me justify the additional cost of buying the R was that just a few days before I was able to get an allocation, I had received a decent price on the carbon wheels from the dealer where I bought my non-R. I'd already spent a fair amount upgrading my non-R with things like the R splitter, rear-seat delete, and a great reproduction rear wing, and had the springs and swaybar sitting on a shelf waiting to be installed. But, the price difference for me to get the R really amounted to selling off all of those parts I'd already bought and pocketing the money I was about to spend on the carbon wheels.

But, now that I have an R, I've been thinking that it may be a good idea to pick up a spare set of wheels, just to leave laying around in the boxes. About a year ago, the price they quoted was just over $9k for the set of four (without center caps, lug nuts, or TPMS). I ping'd the parts manager at that dealership recently to see about price and availability these days. If the same or less, I may snag a set to pack away as a "just in case" insurance plan.

OP
OP
Rapshell

Rapshell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R/2014 Raptor
One of the things that helped me justify the additional cost of buying the R was that just a few days before I was able to get an allocation, I had received a decent price on the carbon wheels from the dealer where I bought my non-R. I'd already spent a fair amount upgrading my non-R with things like the R splitter, rear-seat delete, and a great reproduction rear wing, and had the springs and swaybar sitting on a shelf waiting to be installed. But, the price difference for me to get the R really amounted to selling off all of those parts I'd already bought and pocketing the money I was about to spend on the carbon wheels.

But, now that I have an R, I've been thinking that it may be a good idea to pick up a spare set of wheels, just to leave laying around in the boxes. About a year ago, the price they quoted was just over $9k for the set of four (without center caps, lug nuts, or TPMS). I ping'd the parts manager at that dealership recently to see about price and availability these days. If the same or less, I may snag a set to pack away as a "just in case" insurance plan.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rapshell

Rapshell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R/2014 Raptor
Yes these wheels can get damage very easy,would be nice to have a spare set.just over $9k is a great deal new from dealership,let me know if that price is still available Thanks Tom

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Based on a previous post from @Trackaholic whereby he posted a link that shows Carbon Revolution reducing the price of the CF wheels for our R models I also thought it might be a good idea to have a spare set of CF wheels for my car therefore I called the Parts Manager (who I know very well and has sold me a lot of parts for my cars over many years) for an updated quote.

According to the Parts Manager Ford has recently changed the part numbers for the front and rear CF wheels and have in fact raised the price on these wheels with the fronts now listing for $6326 each and the rears at $5328 each.

Doing some quick math the list price for a set of 4 CF wheels is now $23,308.:crazy:

Of course list price and actual selling price are two different things but the fact that Ford has changed the part numbers and raised the list price for these wheels is surprising.

Chris, if you can get a set of these wheels for just over $9K that would be outstanding as the best price that I can presently get for a set is $16,082 before tax.

:wink:

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
$23k!!! Damn! I'm afraid to drive my R anymore! J/K I need some aftermarket wheels yesterday tho...

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Last I checked - CR said that they were not even allowed to sell any wheel in Gt350 fitment as part of their contract.
Sponsored