315/30r19 square

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Didn't find much on this site about running a 315/30 square setup a few months ago while I was researching (Found one post on another mustang site.) so figured I would post here in case anyone is curious.

Wanted to run a 19x11 square setup on my 2020 GT PP2 and bought a set of Apex EC-7's 19x11, 52 offsets during the last Black Friday sale. First thought was to run 305/30 front and 315/30 rear, but wouldn't be able to rotate, kind of defeats the purpose of running square wheels. Really wanted to run the 315 rear, so after spending some time with a front wheel off and a tape measure, sure looked like a 315/30 would fit in the front. Ordered some Michelin PS4S's from Costco. Ended up using the Ford Performance wheel studs on the front and an Apex 25 mm spacer. I think the FP studs are just the ARP studs in a Ford box at a higher price, they did have ARP stamped on the heads. Since the ARP studs have been on backorder for months, and I found somewhere that had the FP studs in stock, so higher price it was.

I have a good 5 mm clear between the tire and strut with the 25 mm spacer and the combo does poke about an extra 4 mm in the front from my old setup. (My old setup was Ford Performance PP2 wheels, 19x10.5, 24 mm offset with 295/35 tires) My guess would be with a 305/30 mounted on the FP rim (oem setup), it would only poke an extra millimeter or so. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the oem wheels/tires on my car before I replaced them from the right angle, so I can't compare. Took it for a 15 minute drive and had no clearance issues. I actually think the rear could come out a little more. I have some 1/8" spacers laying around, I may just throw them on to see how they look.

Doug

111.jpg

444.jpg

555.jpg

222.jpg

333.jpg
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I run 315/30 Falkens square too, but slotted coilovers, camber plates, ET50 wheels, longer than ARP studs, and wider spacers.

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Guessing you are running some pretty good camber, tops of the tires seem to be tucked in. Currently, my suspension is completely stock, but have a pile of parts in my garage to install, taking some vacation time middle of April to get it all done.

Ended up putting about 70 miles on my car over this weekend, no issues at all.

Doug

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Guessing you are running some pretty good camber, tops of the tires seem to be tucked in. Currently, my suspension is completely stock, but have a pile of parts in my garage to install, taking some vacation time middle of April to get it all done.

Ended up putting about 70 miles on my car over this weekend, no issues at all.

Doug
Yeah, -3.2 but then with the coilover strut to spindle slots and spacers I’m running its not quite apples to apples, but probably close. I wanted to make sure I wasn’t too close to the coilover bodies.
Sponsored