300A "drag" mode tune

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Your the first to say MPS4S are not that great. They again, they are a street tire and not a track tire. What is better than the 4S on the street?
555 g2 in a 315 was huge step up in traction but even better was the 555r even if only in a 305. Despite it technically being rated a DR it's still a great street tire that you can still handle in the rain.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm gonna call shenanigans on the PS4S not hooking up on stock or NA bolt on power. User error in some respect (pressures, likely). They're known for hooking up well even with boost.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I'm gonna call shenanigans on the PS4S not hooking up on stock or NA bolt on power. User error in some respect (pressures, likely). They're known for hooking up well even with boost.
I ran them at 32psi normally. Dropped them to 26 testing. Was fine in normal or sport but track and drag with nannies all the way off was not great. As soon as swapping tires was a huge difference at least for me personally. However, that said wheel weight lessened and tire dimensions also changed so was not a 1:1 comparison.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I ran them at 32psi normally. Dropped them to 26 testing. Was fine in normal or sport but track and drag with nannies all the way off was not great. As soon as swapping tires was a huge difference at least for me personally. However, that said wheel weight lessened and tire dimensions also changed so was not a 1:1 comparison.
Maybe a bad set? I say that because the G2 is not known for being that great. Wider tires run at the same pressure does not increase contact patch or longitudinal grip.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Maybe a bad set? I say that because the G2 is not known for being that great. Wider tires run at the same pressure does not increase contact patch or longitudinal grip.
Possibly. But then add in the CB005 and alignment with tire change and power becomes much more usable.

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Lol. My car kills the 275 PS4’s through the first 3 gears. They are a great tire though and the only other option that hooks better (street tire) is a Ps2 cup. They are $$ and last half as long as the ps4’s. Toyo have their R888R’s which I may consider.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Those that do not own an (tuned/drag mode) A10 comments on this thread are pretty much worthless. Lol...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Forum needs a 'laugh' button.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I think the 13 second club or how to make my car loud thread is else where. ;).

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I think the 13 second club or how to make my car loud thread is else where. ;).
How do you fit in your car with your head being that big and member so small?

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Lol. My car kills the 275 PS4’s through the first 3 gears. They are a great tire though and the only other option that hooks better (street tire) is a Ps2 cup. They are $$ and last half as long as the ps4’s. Toyo have their R888R’s which I may consider.
The 888R seems to be a great option just pricey. Not sure it would outperform the 555R enough to merit the price jump though.

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
No but svt is not wrong man, a a10 drag mode car over here runs 11.6 bone stock. Altitude/fuel/temps everything lined up to make power
Can your older gen run that fast ? Because rowing thru 6 gears and having your hp tighter on 10 gears is not going to give you the same delivery

Like i said, im on as 3.55 and i have the best tires ford is giving with this car as is. It hooks up fine if you leave the nannies on acts like a slingshot the ecu will hold it and give you just enough
But i gave a try with everything turn off including the stability control so nothing was going to save me if i lost all control. Maybe i had to much pressure from factory i can look it out because i totally forget to think about tire pressure to be honest, glad you mentionned it. Went out of my head

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
How much large the rear rims can take ? when theyre due for a change. Right now i think im on 275

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Just bustin your insecure little balz BmacIL. Your not quite the expert you think you are... Move on back to sounding fast. ;).

When your trapping low 120’s N/A, full weight, on a street tire with basically just a tune (your current car) let me know?? Sheninagan’s my ass.

Last edited:

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
How much large the rear rims can take ? when theyre due for a change. Right now i think im on 275
285 40 19 is great, but not many decent options. More in 285 35 19 with smaller sidewall. 305-315 on wider rim better option.
Sponsored