3 bar map sensor for progressive meth injection

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 procharged mustang gt
Does anyone know if using a 3bar map sensor for a progressive meth system would give me any trouble since i'm only running about 11lbs of boost?
If i understand correctly... past 1 bar, the sensor resolution is half that of a 2 bar sensor.

I wouldn't think this would give me any trouble since its only being used to run the meth kit...not like i'm tuning the car with it.

If anyone has any experience with this kind of thing i'd love to hear your thoughts!
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
It will work, but it will be less accurate . The "steps" between boost levels are larger with a higher bar/psi sensor, so it can't be as precise. I would get the correctly sized sensor.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I've been running meth injection for 3 years on my whipple setup. I've learned less is more when it comes to meth and power with my experience. I also went to a progressive controller by AEM, it enables you to set the meth starting point and at what PSI you want it all in this which makes it progressive in between the settings.

https://www.jegs.com/i/AEM/017/30-3...JrOE3tWfX1QCYa40vTGue8VBNzZIDJzUaAmT1EALw_wcB
Sponsored