Sponsored

3.73 gears install in s fl

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Boss w/Torsen. Paid out $660 total with Dave and nothing but a howling gear to show for it. Paid $625 at Profab. The Torsen pinion bearing is expensive which drove to price up from $525ish.
Sponsored

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
If you don't have the gear set in your lap I'd seriously consider just replacing the center section already set up with gears and the carrier you want. The last time I did this was to salvage the GM 10 bolt housing I had at the time and put 3.90's with a detroit locker vs. the 4.11's with an open setup. It quickly went north of $1000 due to the labor, and I already had the gears. I'll never do that again.

Originally I was thinking about swapping out these 3.31's with LS to a 3.73 with torson. Literally everyone told me to go the center section route. Not sure what you think of that, but considering that labor is $90/hr +?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
The ideal would be a PP takeoff housing that includes the Torsen, but those go quick when they pop up or are $1000+freight shipping for the whole rear end: https://www.ebay.com/itm/282991144671

If I had the money I might go that way and separate out the calipers, rotors, springs, shocks, etc but that is a gamble and who knows how long you'd be sitting on the extra parts.

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 2015 Mustang GT PP
The ideal would be a PP takeoff housing that includes the Torsen, but those go quick when they pop up or are $1000+freight shipping for the whole rear end: https://www.ebay.com/itm/282991144671

If I had the money I might go that way and separate out the calipers, rotors, springs, shocks, etc but that is a gamble and who knows how long you'd be sitting on the extra parts.
Should have just bought a gt with the performance pack....its not too late because of the buyers out there...the value has dropped quite a bit...trade up

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah...no. Not giving up my V6 anytime soon unless I get a big promotion or my student loans magically disappear. Can't afford a GT payment, won't get a GT. Can afford occasional upgrades though.

Sponsored

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Yeah...no. Not giving up my V6 anytime soon unless I get a big promotion or my student loans magically disappear. Can't afford a GT payment, won't get a GT. Can afford occasional upgrades though.
OOoook....

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Should have just bought a gt with the performance pack....its not too late because of the buyers out there...the value has dropped quite a bit...trade up
everyone else actually had something useful to contribute. thanks for derailing the thread buddy.

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
everyone else actually had something useful to contribute. thanks for derailing the thread buddy.
Didnt i refer you to a good shop? And this is the thank you I get huh?
Sponsored