Sponsored

22 S550 Tracking Thread

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Yes, substantially. There were MSRP increases since January. My understanding is the price is protected by Ford from when the order was taken. I reached out to my dealer (Chapman) to confirm and haven't heard back.
Might be time to reach out to Chapman again given the response by jrbailey below.

"
i asked Chapman the same thing. I ordered back in Nov of last year. Chapman advised me that “we’ll see how Ford invoices it”.
Right now the window sticker as the increased pricing. "
Sponsored

Last edited:

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Got the
You have price protection. Ford and the dealer will settle at the end of the month or quarter for the difference; it's a paperwork/financial process between the two of them.
My sticker is different than my quote from when I ordered. Dealer tells me that I should be buying at the price from time of order. Incentives too are locked in from then...like the $1000 order bonus cash, which is now down to $500.

sirernestshackleton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Focust ST
Might be time to reach out to Chapman again given the response by jrbailey below.

"
i asked Chapman the same thing. I ordered back in Nov of last year. Chapman advised me that “we’ll see how Ford invoices it”.
Right now the window sticker as the increased pricing. "
Got a reply, they aren't following the DORA price. Discounts etc are applied when the car is produced and that's when I'll get my price. It was in a disclaimer I missed in the fine print of one of the emails way back in January.

That's a huge bummer.

Last edited:

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Got a reply, they aren't following the DORA price. Discounts etc are applied when the car is produced and that's when I'll get my price. It was in a disclaimer I missed in the fine print of one of the emails way back in January.

That's a huge bummer.
So let me get this straight. You had an original DORA that I assume reflected a 4% below invoice price and now they are not going to honor the price on the original DORA or just the $1000 incentive?

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium

That's a huge bummer.
Is this specific to your dealer? I remember my dealer saying they can lock in both discounts I had at the time of order, even though one of them expired a week after...

Sponsored

sirernestshackleton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Focust ST
So let me get this straight. You had an original DORA that I assume reflected a 4% below invoice price and now they are not going to honor the price on the original DORA or just the $1000 incentive?
When I reached out about the order, I sent over the Build & Price of what I wanted. They sent me a a DORA showing the MSRP and Invoice at the time and an email of what my price would be including their discount. One of the emails had a disclaimer saying it is an estimate and once the vehicle is produced they will be invoiced and will send their discounted price over. I'm assuming I'll see that next week. They are doing the original 4% since that's what the discount was when I ordered, they have since lowered it to 3%.

Is this specific to your dealer? I remember my dealer saying they can lock in both discounts I had at the time of order, even though one of them expired a week after...
Specific to my dealer, I assume

Last edited:

Tyegor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2022 EcoBoost Mustang
I placed my order on 2/23/22 for a EcoBoost Fastback Premium. I received an email over a month ago saying my built week is May 30th. I do have my window sticker and the blend date is 5/31/22. I’m just curious on how long the process should take going forward? The Ford Tracker has been “In Production” for over a week. Any feedback would help as this is my first order and Mustang.

Thanks

Ssjvegeta003

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST3
Will the US plant be affected by Memorials day holiday such as shut downs for the employees Mon/Tues? ETC
Good question, don't have a answer. But I am assuming since my blend date is 5/31, that they get monday off, and tuesday is the first day back, the 31st.

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
Really disappointing to see there’s uncertainty about dealers honoring the price at the time of order.

I assumed a signed order sheet with MSRP meant the price was locked in. I don’t remember seeing any fine print or disclosure about the price being possibly changing. There was a thread about the price increases but I’m too lazy to go digging.

Also the incentive should be locked in for sure since it’s based on when you placed your order. I know for fact that was in the fine print for that offer.

I’m going to reach out to my salesman and see what they say.

Sponsored

Dr_Banana_Hammock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
N
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium Grabber Blue
You have price protection. Ford and the dealer will settle at the end of the month or quarter for the difference; it's a paperwork/financial process between the two of them.

FUN FACT, price protection goes out the window if you're like me... and add things to your build while waiting forever.

My MSRP is an additional $2300 vs if I had been more decisive at initial order...

Dr_Banana_Hammock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
N
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium Grabber Blue
Really disappointing to see there’s uncertainty about dealers honoring the price at the time of order.

I assumed a signed order sheet with MSRP meant the price was locked in. I don’t remember seeing any fine print or disclosure about the price being possibly changing. There was a thread about the price increases but I’m too lazy to go digging.

Also the incentive should be locked in for sure since it’s based on when you placed your order. I know for fact that was in the fine print for that offer.

I’m going to reach out to my salesman and see what they say.

I asked my dealer, apparently Ford sends notice at delivery if there's a value difference, to ensure you get the price you locked in. If it doesn't happen, it might be the dealer being scummy?

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
To go one step further my dealer even told me I’d also qualify for any incentives there might be when I take delivery too…. Maybe I got lucky when choosing my dealer, or maybe they lied to get me to commit, I guess we’ll see soon lol

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
My dealer confirmed my original 2021 order price was valid, with no additional charges from price increases. My signed DORA was a contract, he stated.

Hopefully, if you have the price agreement signed, you will be safe as well.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
To go one step further my dealer even told me I’d also qualify for any incentives there might be when I take delivery too…. Maybe I got lucky when choosing my dealer, or maybe they lied to get me to commit, I guess we’ll see soon lol
most decent dealers will give you the better of incentives from when order was placed to when delivery is taken.
Sponsored