Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's like they have a captive audience.

I wonder for those who've ordered 2022 what the prices for the different trims and for the various packages, etc. It would be nice to know.
I know this is silly but why don’t you just visit, call, or text a dealer. They will give you everything you need. Waiting for Ford’s website is an effort in futility.
Sponsored

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
I know this is silly but why don’t you just visit, call, or text a dealer. They will give you everything you need. Waiting for Ford’s website is an effort in futility.
so it's ordering for government, and i've already built it out and have the pricing/features ready to go, problem is the dealer we use on contract doesn't have a visual configurator like ford, and a few things have changed that i'd like to see on the truck, especially atlas blue.

Gramkeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mustang
Thanks, you're right. I had been waiting because the model/trim I want comes with summer tires. Hence the hoped for spring delivery. We'll see what I do after that - 2 sets of tires or one set of all season tires. :sunglasses:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
so it's ordering for government, and i've already built it out and have the pricing/features ready to go, problem is the dealer we use on contract doesn't have a visual configurator like ford, and a few things have changed that i'd like to see on the truck, especially atlas blue.
Well this might help with the Atlas Blue.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well this might help with the Atlas Blue.

its a nice color, just subdued and not as vibrant. my current 2018 f150 is lightning blue, and atlas looks slightly darker than lightning.

Sponsored

Gramkeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mustang
Thanks, that's a good idea. I hadn't thought of it because I'm waiting to order. I'll head over but it will need to wait a couple of weeks.

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
Thanks, that's a good idea. I hadn't thought of it because I'm waiting to order. I'll head over but it will need to wait a couple of weeks.
I went through this last year. The Ford website build & price wasn't updated until late November 2020, but the 2021 order banks opened in October. The dealer will give you the full MSRP breakdown when you place a tentative order. The downside is that it's hard to get a handle on their invoice price for the new year. But if you have a target, like how far below MSRP you're happy with, you can still work a deal with a price point.

In hindsight I could have done better. Thanks to COVID there were plenty of 2020 leftovers on the lot but nothing close to want I wanted. So there were no factory incentives and the dealer wasn't feeling any pressure about the oddball factory order.

Upside, the order was in long before the chip/COVID/supply chain mess got spun up. I had a build date 2 days after placing the order and it was built on that date, the first week of 2021 production. After seeing all the delays people have had recently I'm not kicking my self about not having gotten another 1% off MSRP.

It's a crap shoot. Just do it when you're ready and don't get mental over a a few hundred bucks.

Gramkeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mustang
I went through this last year. The Ford website build & price wasn't updated until late November 2020, but the 2021 order banks opened in October. The dealer will give you the full MSRP breakdown when you place a tentative order. The downside is that it's hard to get a handle on their invoice price for the new year. But if you have a target, like how far below MSRP you're happy with, you can still work a deal with a price point.

In hindsight I could have done better. Thanks to COVID there were plenty of 2020 leftovers on the lot but nothing close to want I wanted. So there were no factory incentives and the dealer wasn't feeling any pressure about the oddball factory order.

Upside, the order was in long before the chip/COVID/supply chain mess got spun up. I had a build date 2 days after placing the order and it was built on that date, the first week of 2021 production. After seeing all the delays people have had recently I'm not kicking my self about not having gotten another 1% off MSRP.

It's a crap shoot. Just do it when you're ready and don't get mental over a a few hundred bucks.
Thanks. I agree about not worrying to get the very lowest price. I think a good relationship with a dealer is important as is convenience. Plus with some dealers free oil changes come with purchase

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am just sad all the colors I want to buy are gone - velocity blue, twister orange, grabber lime.

It’s also possible I am deranged. Lmao
ford makes a good color then kills it a few years later. first lightning blue now velocity blue. best part is you can get a maverick 2022 in velocity blue though. such bs

Sponsored

Doc Holladay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 Lariat; 2020 Subaru Forester
I am interested in a 2022 Mach 1 so I visited my local Ford Dealer and this is his take and what he was told by Ford. Ford will start taking Mustang orders Nov 23 but that date is iffy because they are having all kinds of issues with labor, supply chain crisis, inflation, of course gas prices so who will buy a sports car that gets 15 MPG, and last but not least China because we rely on them for 55% of the parts that we need to build the car.

Doc Holladay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 Lariat; 2020 Subaru Forester
Anyone else excited for Eruption Green, Cyber Orange Metallic, or Oil Slick Blue-Purple on the 2022 models? Loving these new color options.
My issue with the new color options is let's say if the colors are 1 and done as in year 2022 only and you need a touch up or scratches or even and accident, good luck matching the paint. Now, Ford might be able to come close but in 3, 4 or 5 years good luck matching the paint.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
My issue with the new color options is let's say if the colors are 1 and done as in year 2022 only and you need a touch up or scratches or even and accident, good luck matching the paint. Now, Ford might be able to come close but in 3, 4 or 5 years good luck matching the paint.
The paint formulations are available and any good paint shop will be able to mix a color. Not something to worry about.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
That is true but Ford will usually share the color codes associated with paint jobs with other models like the F150 or Bronco which will make the color more common even if it was only for a 1 or 2 year iteration. I have never had an issue finding a tube of touch up paint on any of my more rare color vehicles, especially from Ford. If I can still find touch up paint that matches on a 90’s Ferrari with ease, there shouldn’t be that much of an issue getting a tube of the right paint code for a 5 or even 10 year old mustang.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
The paint formulations are available and any good paint shop will be able to mix a color. Not something to worry about.
True, but some colors fade really badly on the roof,hood,deck, tops of fenders and a little less on the sides, matching then blending can be a r.p.i.t.a. on a tri coat color.
Sponsored