Sponsored

Stainless Power headers bad fitment - is this safe??

OP
OP

huracan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
With them being so close the inner frame rails is that you may experience a bit of noise/vibration when the engine is running. LT headers also get extremely hot and if anything is near them, you risk melting plastics/harnesses etc. and you also do not want any A/C lines being that close to a header. I recall seeing in other SW LT threads on here that folks had to tie up the A/C line away from the header.

The other issue is as said above, under load the engine wants to “twist” and with barely any space between the primaries and frame as seen in your images, there’s definitley going to be contact under load.

There’s quite a bit of under hood changes done to the Euro cars when they swap the driving positions from US spec to Euro spec. That has to be taken into consideration for any such header mods.

Did the part listing for those headers state they were compatible for the Euro S550’s?

I would reach out to the manufacturer by phone or email, tell them of the issue and send them the same pics:
https://stainlessworks.net/
Thanks for the info, it does sound scary when you put it like that..

It did not say that it fits Euro cars but I dont think I've seen any headers say that

Im starting to think that 1 3/4 headers would be a better fit than the 1 7/8 I have, dont know if there is a big difference but smaller should be better here..
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Just take them to the bench and apply liberal amounts of hammer. It's ugly but nobody will see it anyway, and it literally has no effect whatsoever on performance.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I forgot to mention that even though I have ample clearance after my header install, I did install Steeda adjustable motor mounts with polyurethane bushings (drag race orientation) to eliminate an engine torque-over. Once you clearance your headers, you shod consider adding the motor mounts for good measure.

OP
OP

huracan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
Good news, just talked to the shop and they have managed to get better clearance somehow, so it should be fine now :crackup: Thanks for the help!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes the factory k-member is outta spec. You'll have to measure. If it's out, you'll need to loosen the k-member, line it up to factory specs, then an alignment. should give you the room. I really wish these header manufactures would base there design off of exact factory specs.
Sponsored