2023 woodword dream cruiser

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah you're right. Low key I wonder why I leave my youtube subscription for ABC7 Chicago on, everytime I watch a segment from them it just reaffirms that the world sucks.
Yep. But like you said, if you know where to go, or NOT to go, you should generally be fine. Although some of the BS that was typically reserved for the south and west sides has started to spread to the nicer parts of Chicago. I work downtown a few days a week and have never felt unsafe but I do keep my eyes and ears peeled at all times.

Any ways, as it pertains to Woodward, as most have mentioned it’s in a nice area. I just am not a fan of being in massive crowds like that and never have been. I get edgy at MLB and NFL games. There’s a good amount of stuff out on YouTube that scratches my itch to go, at least for now.
Sponsored

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
Yep. But like you said, if you know where to go, or NOT to go, you should generally be fine. Although some of the BS that was typically reserved for the south and west sides has started to spread to the nicer parts of Chicago. I work downtown a few days a week and have never felt unsafe but I do keep my eyes and ears peeled at all times.

Any ways, as it pertains to Woodward, as most have mentioned it’s in a nice area. I just am not a fan of being in massive crowds like that and never have been. I get edgy at MLB and NFL games. There’s a good amount of stuff out on YouTube that scratches my itch to go, at least for now.
Yeah totally get what you mean on the big crowds thing. I actually met a guy back when I lost power at a coffee shop who normally volunteers for Mustang Alley off of Woodward and I had intended to go and help too, but my parents came out because they weren't able to come labor day weekend like they initially planned.
That said I think I might arange to do a photo-shoot with someone during that time.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Is it Ren Cen technically considered the East side of Detroit, which is one of the more dangerous areas or am I wrong? Its not like I didn't say Detroit couldn't be dangerous, every city has its no go zones for living, same as Chicago. But idk maybe after visiting friends on the Southside has gotten me partially numb to things.
I also make it a habit to not be out and about at evening or night in these areas anyways so maybe that also has a black mark on my perception. I've had the luxury of going into Detroit a few times and never thought it was worse than Chicago (comparing the worst of what I've been too for extended periods), I obviously do enough research to avoid living in these areas, but for a short vacation as long as you aren't staying in the sketchy parts, I can't imagine writing off the entire city. Especially considering there is plenty to do in the metro suburbs (maybe even more so than the city proper from my activities I like to do at least).
Here's a way to look at Detroit......kind of opposite of Chicago;

It's ALL the south side of Chicago, except for a few little pockets.

The decent areas are around WSU, the Down Town/Ren Cen/Hart Plaza area, Palmer Woods, Greek Town, the Lions & Tiger Stadiums, and the Rivertown area.

There's certainly others I'm missing, I left 20 years ago. But there's more wild west areas than settled areas in Detroit.

Basically it's where DPD chooses to put it's resources.

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Here's a way to look at Detroit......kind of opposite of Chicago;

It's ALL the south side of Chicago, except for a few little pockets.

The decent areas are around WSU, the Down Town/Ren Cen/Hart Plaza area, Palmer Woods, Greek Town, the Lions & Tiger Stadiums, and the Rivertown area.

There's certainly others I'm missing, I left 20 years ago. But there's more wild west areas than settled areas in Detroit.

Basically it's where DPD chooses to put it's resources.
Yeah and to be fair to you, you did also leave during arguable one of the worst time periods for the area, when everything hit the shit fan, or at least a little there after so fair point.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Yeah and to be fair to you, you did also leave during arguable one of the worst time periods for the area, when everything hit the shit fan, or at least a little there after so fair point.
The Northeastern blackout of 2003. Happened right as the Dream Cruise was due to start.

Good LORD but that was a spicy few days. The whole damn city & suburbs, with no power. For 3 days.

Sponsored

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Reading some of the articles about the cruise make me laugh, what car lovers will do to see cars:

Tom Paletti, 70, of Macomb Township arrived at Woodward and Square Lake at 6 a.m. in his 421-cubic inch, V8-powered 1966 Pontiac Ventura monster to secure his spot in front of Kerby’s Koney Island. He sat in a lawn chair watching the passing parade with his buddy Terry King, 72, of Chesterfield Township and his bright yellow 1973 Camaro Z28.

“We used to get up at 4 a.m. to get a spot at the Dodge display at 13 and Woodward, but then Beaumont bought that property and the cops won’t let you park there anymore,” said Paletti, sitting in his lawn chair watching the passing parade of cars. “Kerby’s doesn’t mind. We hang out here all week — we like talking with car people.”

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
The Northeastern blackout of 2003. Happened right as the Dream Cruise was due to start.

Good LORD but that was a spicy few days. The whole damn city & suburbs, with no power. For 3 days.
Just to let you know DTE has not improved from then 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Every single yr I've been here we lost power at least twice a summer guaranteed

OP
OP
#1ford

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
There are almost no nice, safe areas left in Detroit. Just a few isolated little enclaves.
The dream cruise is not IN The City Of Detroit!!!!!

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Well over 600 cars! Here's a peek.
IMG_3187.jpg
IMG_3196.jpg
IMG_3190.jpg
IMG_3189.jpg
IMG_3188.jpg
IMG_3186.jpg
IMG_3185.jpg
IMG_3184.jpg
IMG_3182.jpg
IMG_3181.jpg
IMG_3180.jpg
IMG_3179.jpg
IMG_3178.jpg
IMG_3177.jpg
IMG_3176.jpg
IMG_3174.jpg
IMG_3172.jpg
IMG_3171.jpg
IMG_3169.jpg
IMG_3168.jpg
IMG_3167.jpg
IMG_3162.jpg
IMG_3164.jpg
IMG_3165.jpg
IMG_3166.jpg
IMG_3161.jpg
IMG_3160.jpg
IMG_3159.jpg
IMG_3158.jpg
IMG_3152.jpg
IMG_3148.jpg
IMG_3147.jpg
IMG_3145.jpg
IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3183.jpg

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
“We used to get up at 4 a.m. to get a spot at the Dodge display at 13 and Woodward, but then Beaumont bought that property and the cops won’t let you park there anymore,” said Paletti, sitting in his lawn chair watching the passing parade of cars....
That's where the business I worked at was located, 13 & Woodward. When the black-out ocurred, and the years prior. My boss and I would set-up the parking lot for the Dream Cruise. We collected the money (it was a charity event back then) months in advance for the parking, and the ROPD used our showroom as their sub-station. Just pulled their motorcycles right in.

Dodge always bought the spots right up at the corner. They would bring in this beautiful semi-truck custom trailer. It had satellite, big screens, it's own generator, and all sorts of things. That's how we finally found out that there was a huge power outage, not expected to be fixed for days.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Official update

• Over 750 Mustangs filled 9 Mile
Sponsored