Sponsored

2023 Order Timing- What are you hearing on wait times?

Damonfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
I ordered my 2023 GT Premium, 401A, California Package, automatic this past Friday, 10/7. I received an email from FORD that my order has been confirmed.
The email said the following:

Your vehicle order is one of the early orders for the 2023 Mustang GT, and because we are building this vehicle just for you, we wanted to share a bit more on our production process as it may impact your delivery time. As part of the quality assurance process at Ford Motor Company, customer orders are only built when all quality checks have been met. This process may lead to a longer wait time for your vehicle to be built, but is designed to help ensure your satisfaction. Throughout the production process, we will keep you updated on the status of your order. You will receive email notifications when your vehicle is:​
  • Scheduled for Production ā€“ all necessary parts are secured, and your order has been placed in the production schedule.
  • Built ā€“ when your vehicle has been built, we will let you know of the estimated arrival date at your dealership.
  • Shipped ā€“ when your vehicle has been shipped and is on its way to your dealership, weā€™ll include the latest estimated arrival date. Please check with your dealer for final delivery timing.
How long after placing your order did you receive the email from Ford?
Sponsored

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Damon,

I placed the order around 9:30 - 10 AM on October 7, and FORD immediately emailed me at 10:07 AM. The email came from Ford Motor Company. I have not received any other emails since.
Hope this helps!

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
this is just a standard email everyone receives once Ford gets their order. Iā€™ve got one within hours of ordering usually. If you havenā€™t received one make sure your dealer has given Ford your email addy.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last edited:

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
Prior to COVID, a new car would take on average 8 to 12 weeks. Now, its reasonable to expect at least a 3 to 6 month wait:(
My wifeā€™s 22 GT convertible was 10 weeks, my 22 GT500 was 10 months. YMMV.

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Just for comparison, I ordered a 401a CS/GT in mid March of 22 and it is expected at the dealership next week now in the end of October.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Ok, I watched this 3 times to make sure I heard Bill correctly. Did he say 2023 order banks are closed already? And he said that production will be December thru March with Mach 1 HPā€™s only being built in March. It would make sense based on the timing Ford has mentioned about getting the S650 in showrooms by summer 2023 but I canā€™t find anything doing a Google search directly from Ford confirming the 2023 MY production run and order banks being closed already.

Damonfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
I contacted 2 dealers via phone/text/email. They take my MY23 order. Then crickets. No response. No confirmation of order. Nothing.

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I contacted 2 dealers via phone/text/email. They take my MY23 order. Then crickets. No response. No confirmation of order. Nothing.
Move on to another dealership. Not sure where youre located, but try Ourisman Ford they were able to help get my 23 order processed very quickly and I received an order confirmation very quickly afterwards

Sponsored

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I watched this 3 times to make sure I heard Bill correctly. Did he say 2023 order banks are closed already? And he said that production will be December thru March with Mach 1 HPā€™s only being built in March. It would make sense based on the timing Ford has mentioned about getting the S650 in showrooms by summer 2023 but I canā€™t find anything doing a Google search directly from Ford confirming the 2023 MY production run and order banks being closed already.
He said it but he was obviously wrong! He starts out by saying last week the order bank opened. Well, we know they opened 9/22 So this video is not current. Then he turns around and says the order bank was only open for a few days before closing. Giving him the benefit of the doubt and saying maybe 9/30 closure according to him. But, I know for a fact that it was still open on 10/8 from a friend who ordered that date and received his confirmation from Ford on 10/10. To the best of my knowledge it is still open. Havenā€™t seen anything here or on Blue Oval that indicates otherwise.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
He said it but he was obviously wrong! He starts out by saying last week the order bank opened. Well, we know they opened 9/22. Then he turns around and says the order bank was only open for a few days before closing. Giving him the benefit of the doubt and saying maybe 9/30 closure according to him. But, I know for a fact that it was still open on 10/8 from a friend who ordered that date and received his confirmation from Ford on 10/10. To the best of my knowledge it is still open. Havenā€™t seen anything here or on Blue Oval that indicates otherwise.
Yeah just wanted to make sure I was hearing him correctly! I havenā€™t seen or heard anything to indicate order banks have closed for the Mustang either. Guess they need to go back and edit that! I have heard that order banks for the Maverick are closed from a few dealerships (also mentioned in the video). So they got it partially right LOL.

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Yeah just wanted to make sure I was hearing him correctly! I havenā€™t seen or heard anything to indicate order banks have closed for the Mustang either. Guess they need to go back and edit that! I have heard that order banks for the Maverick are closed from a few dealerships (also mentioned in the video). So they got it partially right LOL.
yup, I read about the revolving door on the Maverick over on the Blue Oval forum. Was only open a couple of days it seems before they slammed the door shut. Just think 10 years ago we ordered a vehicle from the dealer and they would call in 4-8 weeks and say come and get it. Now we order off the internet and obsess over every step in the process even though there really is no transparency and torture ourselves. Every 15 minutes hitting the refresh button in the hope the message changes! Once mine gets scheduled (hopefully)I am just going dark for a couple of months and hope Im surprised with a call some day. This is not good for oneā€™s health! LOLšŸ˜±

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
yup, I read about the revolving door on the Maverick over on the Blue Oval forum. Was only open a couple of days it seems before they slammed the door shut. Just think 10 years ago we ordered a vehicle from the dealer and they would call in 4-8 weeks and say come and get it. Now we order off the internet and obsess over every step in the process even though there really is no transparency and torture ourselves. Every 15 minutes hitting the refresh button in the hope the message changes! Once mine gets scheduled (hopefully)I am just going dark for a couple of months and hope Im surprised with a call some day. This is not good for oneā€™s health! LOLšŸ˜±
LOL I get that! I donā€™t know how many times a day I was refreshing my email once I got close to my blend date but it was probably an unhealthy amount LOL. Good luck, hopefully you get scheduled early!

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
LOL I get that! I donā€™t know how many times a day I was refreshing my email once I got close to my blend date but it was probably an unhealthy amount LOL. Good luck, hopefully you get scheduled early!
LOL. Hopefully I get scheduled at all this time. My MY22 order that I pul in on 7/16 was never scheduled! 3 times and they are out. Might have to look at a Challenger RT Scat Pack.
Sponsored