Sponsored

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
The M1 has the GT500 rear subframe so that might be the difference you’re feeling.
This is important to point out, and you are right it probably has a much bigger impact in feel than you would think. The rear in the M1 is great, no excessive vertical motion even on bad pavement and hard acceleration. Its pretty honest given its high power rating, it doesn't feel twitchy or slippery. The spring rates are dialed in nicely, I think this has steadily improved from the S197 days and through S550 production. For too long Mustangs "felt like you were riding on top of the car and not in it". The Mach 1 doesn't exhibit this behavior, its really great and turning is fun not scary, unless you really want it to be...

I will say this for sure, I much prefer the M1 rear end handling characteristics compared to my lowered S197 & G35 (6MT, brembo pkg in both) I had. That G35 had a slippery tail, even on good sticky tires with far less power. The things I can do in corners in this car would have been downright scary in the G35, which was overall still a fun car

If these new colors are your dream colors and are on the fence, pull the trigger, you are going to love the M1.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I think it has the 350 front and rear subframes. It has the 500 rear diffuser and various coolers.

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Can we all get some pics of Mischievous Purple outside in the sunlight?
so with the upgraded rims, the Mach 1 now also gets its rear brake calipers painted? My 2021 in Velocity Blue, only had the front brakes painted.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I think this is accurate for the most part, but the rear tips are not the same as the 500. They are thicker than the 500 and perforated. There is a video out there where Carl Widmann even talks about how they were made especially for the Mach 1 to "barely meet" noise restrictions for US and overseas markets. The 500's are a bit wider.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
so with the upgraded rims, the Mach 1 now also gets its rear brake calipers painted? My 2021 in Velocity Blue, only had the front brakes painted.
They come in standard black, can get them painted red for $595 or if you get the appearance package (FJG) they are orange.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
They come in standard black, can get them painted red for $595 or if you get the appearance package (FJG) they are orange.
Thanks. Unfortunately, that's not an option for UK cars. Wish I could U.S. spec it :cool:

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I've never been a fan of purple cars and l used to think the grabber blue was one of the worst colors behind gotta have it green, but these new colors look really good on the mach. I think someone said the grabber has metallic flakes in it now or something? I'm wondering if it would be possible to trade in my nearly loaded 21 1320 for a mach 1 without taking it in the rear? Last I heard trade in values were good and mine has low mileage, but I wouldn't want to pay more than sticker for one and don't want to give up my 0% interest so probably a long shot...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I've never been a fan of purple cars and l used to think the grabber blue was one of the worst colors behind gotta have it green, but these new colors look really good on the mach. I think someone said the grabber has metallic flakes in it now or something? I'm wondering if it would be possible to trade in my nearly loaded 21 1320 for a mach 1 without taking it in the rear? Last I heard trade in values were good and mine has low mileage, but I wouldn't want to pay more than sticker for one and don't want to give up my 0% interest so probably a long shot...
I would be surprised if they let you keep the 0% on the deal, but should get a good trade in price as used cars are holding up well

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Never hurts to ask, just don't wait to long or you probably won't be getting one. Go do it today and put an order in today if you plan on doing this. Don't wait!

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why do you say that? I'm assuming they are going to discontinue them soon? I'm kind of wondering if the next get will be improved as far as a new body or just a refresh?

SemperFi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 m0303
All these woke colors, might as well make a new IROC series and race 'em.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just did a mach 1 build to see what kind of price to expect and it came out at over 61k, ouch! And that wasn't even the premium trim. I did add some options to it like the 10 speed, different wheels and the Recaros though. It sounds like finance rates would be kind of high on them at the moment too so I think I'll pass for now. Maybe the 2023 GT will be an improvement and worth waiting for and I'm sure a lot more affordable for a daily.
Sponsored