2022 GT500 Production Numbers

The Road Well Heeled

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage
Given the global chip shortage and supply chain constraints, can anyone advise (or speculate) as to how many GT500's will be produced this year? Any idea of how many HE models might be produced as well?

TY for advising

Todd
Sponsored

Grant4514b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT, 2020 GT500
Mine was built May 31 and has chassis #763. I saw one that was built in the middle of June with a chassis # around 1100. Iā€™m thinking there will be somewhere around 3-4k this year but thatā€™s just a guess. Over the past couple months Iā€™ve been searching, I think nearly half coming to dealers have been heritage package cars. Right now thereā€™s 23 new 500ā€™s within a 500 mile radius of me and 10 of them are HE.

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
They want 120k for a used one here in Detroit.

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'll guess 4k. HE package cars I would say will be 40-50% of that total number. Will know in about a week where they stand but I think they'll land close to that 4k number either way.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
Mine was built May 31 and has chassis #763. I saw one that was built in the middle of June with a chassis # around 1100. Iā€™m thinking there will be somewhere around 3-4k this year but thatā€™s just a guess. Over the past couple months Iā€™ve been searching, I think nearly half coming to dealers have been heritage package cars. Right now thereā€™s 23 new 500ā€™s within a 500 mile radius of me and 10 of them are HE.
On AutoTrader there are 77 Heritage GT500s out of 250 2022 GT500s, that includes the 4 different variants: base vinyl, base paint, CFTP vinyl, CFTP paint. Obviously, there was way more vinyl HE than painted ones.

Last edited:

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Given the global chip shortage and supply chain constraints, can anyone advise (or speculate) as to how many GT500's will be produced this year? Any idea of how many HE models might be produced as well?

TY for advising

Todd
This topic/question has been going around a bit on the 2022 GT500 order thread. I think we've all been guessing in the 2500 to 4000 range. It's assumed less than the previous 2 years but still a good amount. I think they're up 1500 + already with about 11 weeks left to build. No confirmation on a 23 MY 500 but most people seem to think no for 23. Educated guesses.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
On AutoTrader there are 77 Heritage GT500s out of 250 2022 GT500s.
Wildcard, how's your car treating you? Any new pics or events or mods to share? That thing must be turning heads. There was a similarly optioned HECFTP like yours here in Hackensack, NJ with a 50k MSRP and it was gone in 2 days. Poof.

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
Wildcard, how's your car treating you? Any new pics or events or mods to share? That thing must be turning heads. There was a similarly optioned HECFTP like yours here in Hackensack, NJ with a 50k MSRP and it was gone in 2 days. Poof.
Good. I havenā€™t driven it a lot. Paint protection appointment is this week. Iā€™ve owned it for 3 weeks on Monday. Havenā€™t taken it anywhere yet. Hoping to take it to Shelby in Vegas soon. Since Iā€™ve only taken it around the corner and to the dealershipā€”I donā€™t think many people know what it is, but those who do, itā€™s a shock to see it and they wave or try to get your attention itā€™s a blast šŸ’„ to drive and to be in.

Yep, they fly off the shelf when theyā€™re available. A collector tried to steal mine when it was on the way to the dealership. I was locked in on the purchase, but they tried everything to make it theirs. They even contacted me and said if I ever want to sell it, they want it. The dealership had it listed on their site and they got so many calls for it that they took the ad down after 4 days.

I know three others who have them, and they paid 165k for theirs. Once person had to try 3 times because his offer kept getting beat by other people, on the third try he was able to secure one. So these HE CFTP with painted stripes are going fast, Iā€™m lucky to have one.

I think Iā€™m going to go to my garage and sit in it.

did buy a helmet.

203D00D5-812A-4D13-81C5-6AAAF8401530.jpeg

Last edited:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
We still donā€™t know how many were made in 2021 so donā€™t expect to know how many 22s are made for quite awhile.

OP
OP
The Road Well Heeled

The Road Well Heeled

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage
I'll guess 4k. HE package cars I would say will be 40-50% of that total number. Will know in about a week where they stand but I think they'll land close to that 4k number either way.
Thank you for the insight Tony. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts in a week or so.

Todd

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Good. I havenā€™t driven it a lot. Paint protection appointment is this week. Iā€™ve owned it for 3 weeks on Monday. Havenā€™t taken it anywhere yet. Hoping to take it to Shelby in Vegas soon. Since Iā€™ve only taken it around the corner and to the dealershipā€”I donā€™t think many people know what it is, but those who do, itā€™s a shock to see it and they wave or try to get your attention itā€™s a blast šŸ’„ to drive and to be in.

Yep, they fly off the shelf when theyā€™re available. A collector tried to steal mine when it was on the way to the dealership. I was locked in on the purchase, but they tried everything to make it theirs. They even contacted me and said if I ever want to sell it, they want it. The dealership had it listed on their site and they got so many calls for it that they took the ad down after 4 days.

I know three others who have them, and they paid 165k for theirs. Once person had to try 3 times because his offer kept getting beat by other people, on the third try he was able to secure one. So these HE CFTP with painted stripes are going fast, Iā€™m lucky to have one.

I think Iā€™m going to go to my garage and sit in it.

did buy a helmet.

203D00D5-812A-4D13-81C5-6AAAF8401530.jpeg
This is great. Are you getting the whole car in PPF or focusing on the front clip and vulnerable areas? It's interesting that people are so eager to but it for so much over now that it's available on the showroom floor, when they could have just ordered one.

I'm somewhat kicking myself from an investment standpoint over not getting the CFTP, but I just couldn't live with the recaros and the wing on a car I plan to drive on local roads. I hope the painted stripes will give me some of that you're experiencing in the collector/exclusivity area.

The California roads you're on are much more liveable for the CFTP suspension than dirty NJ. I'm super happy for you. You're livin the dream. Please post pics and stuff.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
This is great. Are you getting the whole car in PPF or focusing on the front clip and vulnerable areas? It's interesting that people are so eager to but it for so much over now that it's available on the showroom floor, when they could have just ordered one.

I'm somewhat kicking myself from an investment standpoint over not getting the CFTP, but I just couldn't live with the recaros and the wing on a car I plan to drive on local roads. I hope the painted stripes will give me some of that you're experiencing in the collector/exclusivity area.

The California roads you're on are much more liveable for the CFTP suspension than dirty NJ. I'm super happy for you. You're livin the dream. Please post pics and stuff.
Whole car is getting PPF. I did sections on my 350R, this one I want the full ā€”will also make cleaning it easier if it is entirely wrapped.

I think it comes down the number of allocations available. People could place as many orders as they want but only so many will be pulled, and for HE CFTP Painted stripe only so many will be approved.

I assume we are on track for <3000 being made and 15-20% being HEā€™s. Ford will stop making them as they hit their cap for those cars. We will stop seeing them showing up.

I lost my 350R to a buyback, so I was always going to be buying the R-model equivalent. The roads around here arenā€™t the best, unless youā€™re heading towards San Diego, but theyā€™re fine for the car.

I am glad that I didnā€™t get the vinyl stripes. I debated that as I first planned to have them painted on after purchase, but then a friend convinced me that I should just have Ford do it. I studied the stripes on a local ā€˜21 500 and then decided that I would pay the extra money to have Ford do it. BEST DECISION THAT I HAVE EVER MADE! The modern GT500 logo in the hood looks amazing and I wouldā€™ve been kicking myself because if you see a vinyl stripped on vs a painted stripped car, I think it will be clear that the extra money was well spent as Ford really hit it out of the ballpark in making that custom over-the-top stripe with the logo look really special.

Thank you, I am living the dream. I will post more stuff when itā€™s available. Next planned is I am filming the paint protection.
Sponsored