Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Hey Everyone, 👋

Decided to join in on the fun, and placed an "order" on Monday (4/11) is that the right term for a dealer changing their "stock" for me?

Anyone else order the "Mischievous Purple Metallic" or could I be the only one dumb enough to order a color I have never seen in person? 😂

Should I assume even with a Priority code of 20 and the dealer saying this is "ready to build" that given the "Late Availability" flag on the color it's just going to be a game of patience? (Assuming it's not cancelled for Materials shortage/supply chain reasons/etc)?

gt500_order.jpg
If I had the balls I would have ordered it. Probably the coolest color offered this year imo. Much prefer it over Brittany blue.
Sponsored

93 347 Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 SVT Mustangs (all sold)
Hey Everyone, 👋

Decided to join in on the fun, and placed an "order" on Monday (4/11) is that the right term for a dealer changing their "stock" for me?

Anyone else order the "Mischievous Purple Metallic" or could I be the only one dumb enough to order a color I have never seen in person? 😂

Should I assume even with a Priority code of 20 and the dealer saying this is "ready to build" that given the "Late Availability" flag on the color it's just going to be a game of patience? (Assuming it's not cancelled for Materials shortage/supply chain reasons/etc)?

gt500_order.jpg
Congratulations! My order went in this morning. I also ordered Mischievous Purple but I'll be referring to it as Oil Slick.

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
Congratulations! My order went in this morning. I also ordered Mischievous Purple but I'll be referring to it as Oil Slick.
Congrats to you as well!

Oh yeah, not going to use the order sheet name with anyone in the real world, it's oil slick forever.

When you ordered did they tell you anything about how much longer our color selection pushes us out?

I know we're all just playing the waiting game with Flat Rock delays, supply chain, issues etc.

But I've got a guy near me who ordered an eruption green CFTP and was quoted end of 2022 due to the color choice.

My dealer wasn't even aware that "Oil Slick" was showing as "Late Availability" on the website, so curious what others were told. I'm okay to wait, and would be happy for an early surprise, just looking to crowd source what we've been told with "late" colors.

93 347 Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 SVT Mustangs (all sold)
Congrats to you as well!

Oh yeah, not going to use the order sheet name with anyone in the real world, it's oil slick forever.

When you ordered did they tell you anything about how much longer our color selection pushes us out?

I know we're all just playing the waiting game with Flat Rock delays, supply chain, issues etc.

But I've got a guy near me who ordered an eruption green CFTP and was quoted end of 2022 due to the color choice.

My dealer wasn't even aware that "Oil Slick" was showing as "Late Availability" on the website, so curious what others were told. I'm okay to wait, and would be happy for an early surprise, just looking to crowd source what we've been told with "late" colors.
Thanks! It looks great from the videos posted elsewhere on this very site.

They're making that color and delivering already so "Late Availability" shouldn't delay things any further. Not sure what's going on with Eruption but Mischievous is already being produced. When I ordered my 2014 it took from March 31st to June 7th for the car to come in so probably some time mid-June to mid-July for both of us.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Per my dealer last Wednesday, I was schedueld for the week of April 25th, but we'll see if that gets bumped from the shutdown announcement.
Stopped over at my dealer on Tuesday afternoon. I got pushed to a build day of May 25th. Hope it doesn’t get pushed anymore.

Car has been on order for a Calendar year technically at this point after Ford axed my 21 CFTP that had a VIN assigned due to supply issues

Sponsored

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Sold/ ‘22 Gt500 on order
Well guys!

I got pushed up 2 weeks! Went from build day of 4/20, got pushed back to day of 4/26.

As of yesterday I am officially in production!

Let's gooo:rockon:
That’s awesome! Heard production is back up on Tuesday so guessing your one of those!

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Well I've struck out trying to buy one. No dealers nearby have an allocation left, and the one that did (in Mabank, TX) has a golden ticket allocation they want $20k over sticker to order. If my local dealer gets an allocation for 2023 I'll try again. I REALLY want one in Mischievous Purple, so if that color isn't offered in '23 I might forget the whole thing.

My planned order was Purple with Technology and Handling packages.

OP
OP

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Well I've struck out trying to buy one. No dealers nearby have an allocation left, and the one that did (in Mabank, TX) has a golden ticket allocation they want $20k over sticker to order. If my local dealer gets an allocation for 2023 I'll try again. I REALLY want one in Mischievous Purple, so if that color isn't offered in '23 I might forget the whole thing.

My planned order was Purple with Technology and Handling packages.
If you’re willing to travel you need to find a smaller dealer who has paid for the program and therefore has an allocation for minimum one car.
I’m sure most who bought in the program have ordered by now but if either 1) order has not been placed or 2) order in system is not picked up yet (if no VIN assigned then color can be changed). Don’t give up just because of local issues. Sometimes driving it home or waiting for the carrier is half the fun.
Good luck
-J

OP
OP

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
I can’t wait to see a 500 decked out in mischievous with tint in person.
Might regret not ordering it but gambling on Eruption green and Brittany blue.
-J

Sponsored

theslerg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2011 California Special GT
Can anyone get an allocation for sticker?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7

theslerg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2011 California Special GT