2021 Roush Supercharger - Granger Ford

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Too funny @hossman

I got the email from Roush today.
According to the article, it's keeping the cylinder deactivation, which seems weird, but I guess so. lol
I just wanted another confirmation.
Sponsored

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Too funny @hossman

I got the email from Roush today.
According to the article, it's keeping the cylinder deactivation, which seems weird, but I guess so. lol
I just wanted another confirmation.
😂

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
We haven't openly advertised the fact that we are a Roush authorized Parts Dealer. We are! I wanted to share some updates with you guys on the 2021 Kit.

• Roush is not planning on making a tune compatible with the Mach 1. That doesn't mean the kit won't work, but from my conversations with Roush, they aren't planning on coming out with a calibration that makes it a plug and play deal that would keep intact the Roush warranty. It will need to be custom tuned.
  • The 2021 Calibrations are not finalized yet. We were going to have an update on a dyno for a 2021 Mustang this week. We have the kit installed, ready to go, but the ECU wouldn't take the update. We were told by someone at Roush who ended up being mistaken that the 2020 programming would work, but it won't. So for 30 days, we have a really expensive paperweight :). The 2021 6-speed calibration should be out shortly and the 2021 Roush A10 calibration is supposed to be finalized by 4-15.
  • We are offering Roush installation on new Mustangs. You can order a Mustang for 4% under invoice and have your Roush Stage 2 750hp Supercharger installed for $8,995 plus the price of your Mustang ready to pick up and go from the dealership.
  • For F-150 owners the Roush Supercharger kit for 2021s will be released around July of 2021 from what we're hearing currently.
I have attached a couple builds on what pricing would loo
Zach
In your conversations with Roush any mentions of when they are releasing their 3.1 version? Any mention of redesign for their heat issues?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
In your conversations with Roush any mentions of when they are releasing their 3.1 version? Any mention of redesign for their heat issues?
another thread on here made it sound like the 3.1 wasn’t happening but I could be wrong

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
another thread on here made it sound like the 3.1 wasn’t happening but I could be wrong
I knew I saw one from VMP but hadn't seen that from Roush yet. Ah well.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
@Zach@Granger
So what changes from the 2020 Mustang to the 2021 Mustang that the Roush tune has to change? I thought that they already perfected the 2018-2020 tunes? Why change now?

One more question.
On the Roush F150 trucks, is the cylinder deactivation staying active on the supercharged F150s?

Just curious .
Thanks.

So the PCM is new. The hardware isn't changing at all. But the software is different. Also our friends at the EPA require certification every year, so they are waiting on the 2021 EPA approval too.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
@Zach@Granger
So what changes from the 2020 Mustang to the 2021 Mustang that the Roush tune has to change? I thought that they already perfected the 2018-2020 tunes? Why change now?

One more question.
On the Roush F150 trucks, is the cylinder deactivation staying active on the supercharged F150s?

Just curious .
Thanks.
In regards to F-Series they won't have the kits until July it is the estimated right now. So I'm not sure.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
I haven't heard either way. But I didn't ask either.

Sponsored

50BMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2020GT A10 PP1, SPF AC Cobra, Fusion Sport, Ram 4X
Just to chime in, I put a Whipple stage 1 kit with Whipple's tune on my 2019 Bullitt. Made 675 at 7800 RPM SAE on Mustang Dyno running a 91 octane tune. Since Rousch won't make a tune for the Mach 1, perhaps Zach's people can put one of those on? Prices are about the same and Whipple used to offer a $5K powertrain warranty with the blower.

It is also an easier install than the Roush.
Thanks Green (and others)... I was thinking that the OPG mod might not be necessary for the level of power I was looking at, but again, when it comes to my own/previous engine builds, I generally like to go with a little overkill on the oiling system. Honestly, I'm not liking the idea of dropping the bottom end of the motor if it's not a realistic concern. Im sure I'd be doing it if this was a complete rebuild, but with only 6000 miles on the car, I'm hesitant.
675RWHP on a Mustang Dino is good enough for me (right now anyway... LoL...).Houghton, MI. Green?
My son is planning on attending MTU this coming fall. I'll definitely be up that way a few times for at least sled-season... I hope to take the Stang up there for a non-snow visit, if that is doable?
LoL...

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
No problem with a visit. I did sell my Bullittt though so I don't have that to show you and right now I'm down in Oakland Michigan where we have another house. I live about six blocks from Michigan tech and I have two boys that attended there and my wife is an alum as well. Also unfortunately my two Mustangs are down in Oakland. I think you would be well served to use the Whipple stage one and their standard tune.

Helltime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
85 Mustang GT, 2019 Audi A4, 2023 MCS, 2004 BMW Z4
Would be convenient, but will the clutch hold that power for long?

Delz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rik
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt premium
Zach ,
How much for a roush phase 2 install on a 2020 gt with 3,000 miles?