Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
We haven't openly advertised the fact that we are a Roush authorized Parts Dealer. We are! I wanted to share some updates with you guys on the 2021 Kit.

• Roush is not planning on making a tune compatible with the Mach 1. That doesn't mean the kit won't work, but from my conversations with Roush, they aren't planning on coming out with a calibration that makes it a plug and play deal that would keep intact the Roush warranty. It will need to be custom tuned.
  • The 2021 Calibrations are not finalized yet. We were going to have an update on a dyno for a 2021 Mustang this week. We have the kit installed, ready to go, but the ECU wouldn't take the update. We were told by someone at Roush who ended up being mistaken that the 2020 programming would work, but it won't. So for 30 days, we have a really expensive paperweight :). The 2021 6-speed calibration should be out shortly and the 2021 Roush A10 calibration is supposed to be finalized by 4-15.
  • We are offering Roush installation on new Mustangs. You can order a Mustang for 4% under invoice and have your Roush Stage 2 750hp Supercharger installed for $8,995 plus the price of your Mustang ready to pick up and go from the dealership.
  • For F-150 owners the Roush Supercharger kit for 2021s will be released around July of 2021 from what we're hearing currently.
I have attached a couple builds on what pricing would loo
Zach
Sponsored

Attachments

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I'm gonna run into a wall I just know it.

50BMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2020GT A10 PP1, SPF AC Cobra, Fusion Sport, Ram 4X
OK Granger, you have my attention...
I have a 2020 GT Premium, PP1, auto-tranny car with 6000 miles on it that I want to supercharge.
Ideally, I'd like @700RWHP when I'm done.
Being in the Detroit area, there are tons of shops around here that can do this for me, but one very trusted shop, the owner says "If it was his car" he would pull the motor and replace the factory oil pump gears as part of the supercharger build.
Being new to this car, but not new to building hopped up engines at all (look at my avatar; that car runs 11.41 wearing street tires), I like the way he thinks but having never torn apart a Coyote motor myself before, I have no idea WTF he is talking about...
I generally/personally sway toward better oil pump volume (not necessarily more pressure) when I build an engine for the street.
I searched this forum and I cannot find any info on the mod he recommends either...
The guy who suggested it owns his own Shelby that is reliably making about 900HP at the flywheel, and he has built 3 other charged-Mustangs for friends that I have personally seen which work really well. So, I semi-trust that he may actually be barking up the right tree on this...

What say you? Is this mod worth it for longevity when building the level of HP I desire or is it overkill???

If I drive my car to you will yo do the install for me?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
OK Granger, you have my attention...
I have a 2020 GT Premium, PP1, auto-tranny car with 6000 miles on it that I want to supercharge.
Ideally, I'd like @700RWHP when I'm done.
Being in the Detroit area, there are tons of shops around here that can do this for me, but one very trusted shop, the owner says "If it was his car" he would pull the motor and replace the factory oil pump gears as part of the supercharger build.
Being new to this car, but not new to building hopped up engines at all (look at my avatar; that car runs 11.41 wearing street tires), I like the way he thinks but having never torn apart a Coyote motor myself before, I have no idea WTF he is talking about...
I generally/personally sway toward better oil pump volume (not necessarily more pressure) when I build an engine for the street.
I searched this forum and I cannot find any info on the mod he recommends either...
The guy who suggested it owns his own Shelby that is reliably making about 900HP at the flywheel, and he has built 3 other charged-Mustangs for friends that I have personally seen which work really well. So, I semi-trust that he may actually be barking up the right tree on this...

What say you? Is this mod worth it for longevity when building the level of HP I desire or is it overkill???

If I drive my car to you will yo do the install for me?

I think there is some debate as to when the oil pump gears need to be installed or at least at what power level. We can sure do it. But I'm sure others can chime in on what HP number they think its necessary.

Some view it as "cheap insurance" which is true if you can do the install yourself, But if you pay someone to do it, it is a 10+ hour job and can add up in labor expense.

While I'd love to earn your business, there may be more efficient places closer to you as well.

PM me and I can do my best to help!

Zach

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I am very happy with the performance and drivability of my Roush SC Mustang and the latest Roush tune. However, if my goal was 700 WHP, I would go with a different kit. You could get that out of the Roush with a custom tune and more mods but you could get it more easily with an Edelbrock or Whipple.

50BMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2020GT A10 PP1, SPF AC Cobra, Fusion Sport, Ram 4X
Thanks for your honesty Zach... I agree, and in my personal builds, I usually opt for that extra "insurance" when it comes to oil... But I'm still confused, are the stock pumps lacking? I'm assuming they are gear driven, if a "gear change" can effectively change the volume of oil they will manage?
Are the stock gears themselves made of a poorer quality metal, cast (investment or powder cast) vs. forged?
Is this mod pressing the stock pump too far and while the pan if off, maybe a better pump would be a marginally more expensive but even better form of insurance?

Bruce, any idea what you are getting at the tires with your Roush charger?
I would guess 650-ish if you are getting +100 more at the flywheel???
Oh yea, the guy who told me about the oil gear mod says he prefers the Whipple 3.0L too...

Jack Roush's shop is about 5 miles away from where I'm sitting right now, I never thought of wandering over there and asking.... Duh....
I met jack, his daughter and his son in law at the drag strip a few years ago. What an AWESOME and exceptionally nice guy he is!
If you think he loves cars, start talking to him about his P-51 Mustang aircraft! He loves those even more!

Thanks guys... Still learning how to speak "Coyote"...
LoL...

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I think guys are seeing 640-660 with the Roush. They do make power and torque at relatively low rpm so they feel very strong without revving them to the moon. If using the Roush tune, drivability is excellent and upgraded oil pump gears and crank sprocket are not needed, IMO. The Roush does have a smallish throttle body and that can be a limiting factor in achieving big HP numbers.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Just to chime in, I put a Whipple stage 1 kit with Whipple's tune on my 2019 Bullitt. Made 675 at 7800 RPM SAE on Mustang Dyno running a 91 octane tune. Since Rousch won't make a tune for the Mach 1, perhaps Zach's people can put one of those on? Prices are about the same and Whipple used to offer a $5K powertrain warranty with the blower.

It is also an easier install than the Roush.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Also, I would not worry about the OPGs. I've had 5 sc'd Mustangs and the only one I had major issues with was having a shop put OPGs on. My understanding is some of the issue was related to the earlier dampers. But, regardless it is very rare to have OPGs go.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
OPG’s are not as critical on cars with a automatic transmission since your not bumping off the rev limiter like manual cars are prone to. I would consider it once you get up around 900whp.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
@Zach@Granger
So what changes from the 2020 Mustang to the 2021 Mustang that the Roush tune has to change? I thought that they already perfected the 2018-2020 tunes? Why change now?

One more question.
On the Roush F150 trucks, is the cylinder deactivation staying active on the supercharged F150s?

Just curious .
Thanks.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
@Zach@Granger
So what changes from the 2020 Mustang to the 2021 Mustang that the Roush tune has to change? I thought that they already perfected the 2018-2020 tunes? Why change now?

One more question.
On the Roush F150 trucks, is the cylinder deactivation staying active on the supercharged F150s?

Just curious .
Thanks.
@Zach@Granger
So what changes from the 2020 Mustang to the 2021 Mustang that the Roush tune

Here is an article from Roush on the 2021 F150 Roush Supercharger below...

https://www.roushperformance.com/bl...nes-look-2021-f-150-supercharger-development/

https://www.roushperformance.com/bl...nes-look-2021-f-150-supercharger-development/

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
The Mach is going to have the same issues as the Bullitt. Since the tune is specifically designed for the 350 intake, etc, it will not be the same tune as the GT which means that the demand will be much lower. The changes to the CPU will be different and it will require the tuning shop to design a tune unique to the Mach 1.
Sponsored