2021 Mustang ordering guide - when?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Most likely PP2 is not a fleet option. We have to wait for the ordering guide to see what is available for 2021.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Also of note........what we thought was going to be a new metallic red for '21 (Lucid) is still known as Rapid Red. The color code hadn't changed so even if it had been given a new name, it would have been the same color. And we pretty much assumed correctly that Grabber Yellow was the new name for Yellow Peel.

Interior colors though.......Ceramic and Dark Ceramic? Has there always been the option of both?

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
Also of note........what we thought was going to be a new metallic red for '21 (Lucid) is still known as Rapid Red. The color code hadn't changed so even if it had been given a new name, it would have been the same color. And we pretty much assumed correctly that Grabber Yellow was the new name for Yellow Peel.

Interior colors though.......Ceramic and Dark Ceramic? Has there always been the option of both?
Ceramic is one of the 'base' leather interior colors. Dark Ceramic is new.

As an aside, I really wish we could get the premium interior in colors other than black or red (or at the very least an option for red stitching with the black interior). Wishful thinking, I know.

I'm more curious as to what this 'Dynamic Brake Support' is.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I'm more curious as to what this 'Dynamic Brake Support' is.
I believe it's the assisted brake support that's standard on newer Europe-spec Mustangs (and optional on US Mustangs), where the car (via radar?) tries to detect if a collision is imminent, and triggers the brakes by it self in an attempt to avoid the collision.

Sponsored

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
Isnt that when the orders open? I was under the impression the Ordering Guide typically releases several weeks prior, especially for dealers
The order books are open until October 2 for 2020 models. They probably don't want to release the 2021 order guide until the order books close, even though they are done scheduling of 2020 PP cars :(

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I believe it's the assisted brake support that's standard on newer Europe-spec Mustangs (and optional on US Mustangs), where the car (via radar?) tries to detect if a collision is imminent, and triggers the brakes by it self in an attempt to avoid the collision.
Wouldn't be covered under auto emergency braking, though? They way they use 'dynamic' makes me think this is similar to Mercedes' brake assist, which pre-charges the brakes if the system sees the accelerator pedal released very quickly. That, or it's like the 'brake knockback mitigation' that some of the Chargers and Challengers have.

I'm sure it'll be detailed in the order guide.

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Wouldn't be covered under auto emergency braking, though? They way they use 'dynamic' makes me think this is similar to Mercedes' brake assist, which pre-charges the brakes if the system sees the accelerator pedal released very quickly. That, or it's like the 'brake knockback mitigation' that some of the Chargers and Challengers have.

I'm sure it'll be detailed in the order guide.
Possibly, but Ford's existing system is also supposed to prime the brakes:
"If you don’t react and continue to get closer to the other vehicle, your car will pre-charge and increase brake assist sensitivity to provide full responsiveness when you brake, which may help you avoid an accident. Once your brakes have been pre-charged, even if you press them lightly, they’ll automatically apply a harder force to stop you quickly."

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
no tremec for the regular gt.

womp woooooomp.

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
no tremec for the regular gt.

womp woooooomp.
S550 ends production in 2 years. Likely not worth the expense to re-certify the regular GT with the Tremec gearbox.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
S550 ends production in 2 years. Likely not worth the expense to re-certify the regular GT with the Tremec gearbox.
Indeed.

But I do wonder if putting it in the Mach 1 is a precursor of them putting it in the S650 GT.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
For the PerfPack upgrade to justify it's 5000+ price it bloody well should have included the Tremec as part of the items... I agree, post-Mach1 it would be nice is 2023+ had an option, I now let's call it the 'track pack'. Where's my bonus?
Sponsored