Sponsored

Guide to Ordering

Cloak&Dagger

Threads
Reaction score
What is the process to order? How is the transaction made? How is the trade in handled, right away or is it in your possession under contract or something? I have traded in before and they took it that day giving me a brand new ranger temporarily, but that was only a few days. I dont expect a loaner in that time, but I have another car if need be.

Searched the forums for a bit without luck, but given so many of you guys ordered im wondering what exactly happens. Any input would be helpful so I know what to expect soon, thanks!
Sponsored

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Walk in
Agree on price
Agree on trade value
Give them trade in the day you pick up your new car and not before

That's how it has always worked for me and many others

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I walked in, ordered, gave down payment, walked out.

Seems strange to agree on a trade value for a car that's going to depreciate between now and whenever the Mustang is delivered...

Trevon

97 Hummer, 15 GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Recaro
I walked in, they came up with a price agreement for my trade in, figured out what options I wanted and I gave them $500 to put in the order.

The deal making will come when I go to pick it up. All I signed was the order sheet saying it was what I wanted. Only $500 commitment if something changes my mind about it.

They showed me the MSRP and everything how I had it and told me to wait for a call when it gets there.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Along these lines, what is the typical lead-time for ordering a car? I know things are unusual at the moment due to the ramp up of a new model, but in regular production, how long does it take to have the order processes and built? If I wanted to take delivery of the car at a specific time, say, early April, when should it be ordered?

Sponsored

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I walked in, ordered, gave down payment, walked out.

Seems strange to agree on a trade value for a car that's going to depreciate between now and whenever the Mustang is delivered...
Not stange. I've factory order 3 cars, plus this one so make that 4, and got a gauranteed trade-in price on the old cars when placing the order for the new ones. With no time or mileage restrictions either. Different dealers too.

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
Yea, my dealer said it was still too early to give me a trade in value price yet :(
Sponsored