Sponsored

2021 Mach 1 CONFIRMED in Leaked Ford Document!!!

aerok

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Premium Tremec 3160 Torsen 3.73 Diff
So are you saying the new Mach 1 will have have more power and rev above 8250 RPM? I had a 2003 Mach 1. Loved it. I had a 662 HP 2014 GT500. Loved it. Then I bought a 2015 GT350... 526 HP and 8250 RPM N/A... Then I picked up my 2020 GT350R. Oh...my...GOD!!!! Carbon wheels, 2020 GT500 Suspension bits, AND EIGHT THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED FIFTY ROTATIONS PER MINUTE!!!

Performance that feels like it goes on forever cannot be under praised...

I understand that the 500 is the new track monster, but the GT350/R of this Gen will be legendary. After all, who wouldn’t want a big block Ferrari motor?

Totally agree with you, I would love to own an already legendary GT350/GT350R, Love my GT Manual though with its 7500 RPM & 3.55 gears and enjoy it a lot!!...
if the Mach 1 can reach 8000 rpm at least, Tremec 6 speed with 3 pedals, I will probably trade mine for it... at least in the near future I would not take 2 pedals GT500 it has not even cross my mind. I drive for fun, not to break any record
Sponsored

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Sorry, forgot to mention it. It will no doubt come with the new auto trans in the Mustang GT (non-DCT).
that pretty much sums it up!

NorthernBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Confirmed, planter “leak” in quotes. Nothing more. April 1st has nothing to do with this outing. What I’m told is Ford wants people discussing Ford while vehicles line are shutdown. So why not give them a taste mentality.
The GT350 is a track focused car with a unique motor, my guess is the Mach 1 will have an uprated 5.0 under hood and be more street oriented (no trans or oil coolers, smaller break kit etc)

Sponsored

NorthernBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The Mach 1 will slot below the GT350...anyone here that thinks it will be equal to or above a GT350 is smoking legal weed lol there is a hierarchy in the Mustang line up.

Shelby cars are like RS Porsches...you don't see other special models like the 911 GTS outperforming the GT3/GT2 line up. The Mach 1 will be a great car but it won't be equal to a Shelby

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
That wasn't the last thing they did: https://www.hotrod.com/articles/ford-coyote-update-new-stage-3-cams-dyno-592-hp/
So yes, I was right. Just under 600hp NA.
I think this has been discussed here before...but it appears that dyno test is missing several of the accessories/components that reduce hp, and there's a question as to whether or not it contains the full exhaust, or just back through the cats. It says cats, but nothing of the complete stock exhaust beyond that. I think it's high, since the "stock" engine dyno'd 496 hp...that just isn't the case.

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
Why two 5.0 liters?
That's how it is right now: the Bullitt engine has a separate VIN code relative to the standard 5.0; I'm guessing this 'new' engine is just the Bullitt engine.

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
I'd be sad to see the 350 go (if this proves to be true), but given some of the stuff I've heard, I guess it isn't a complete surprise, plus Ford probably only wants one Mustang with a gas guzzler tax to help with CAFE.

Last edited:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
If there is no GT350 for 2021 model year, does that indicate Ford will offer a manual trans GT500 in addition to the DCT GT500 ?

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
So, I've been reading these posts and there are several misconceptions about the Bullitt. "hideous green paint" that is opinion. We Bullitt people dig it and those that don't get the Bullitt concept don't get it. Those that do,do. Of all the Mustangs I've owned the Bullitt gets the most positive comments.

So now the Mach 1. I come from the era of the 69-70 Mach 1s. They came with 351s or 428CJ engines. Just a Mustang. You could get the same engines in a stripped one as well including a notch back. So, they just are a cool looking Mustang with a hood scoop, etc. As far as the later Mach 1, I confess I do not know.

The Bullitt has always been a special car with it's own unique stuff: Color, engine, etc. The '19 Bullitt has the GT350 intake manifold and larger throttle body. Different tune, cold air intake and PP1 stuff. It's own grille, etc.

If Ford does make a special edition Mach 1 I hope they change that manual transmission gearing to give 1-5 with only 6 being overdrive. A cool color scheme, tail pipes, perhaps a functioning hood scoop for the old days, that would be cool.

Can't wait. Might go for it!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
My wish list.
5.2l cross-plane with A10 or Tremec would be useful differentiation. Then all the track coolers and GT350 brakes as part of an "uber performance pack". MR and AE standard. Will probably be 'premium' trim only. Dispense with the Voodoo "hand built" nonsense and run it thru the standard assembly line. Figure $50-55K price.

The 3rd gen Bullitt was a lousy deal IMO. A simple up-charge of $2000 for the throw-back wheels and paint would have sufficed.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Interesting that the Bullitt hasn't been deemed a huge success in the US............here in the UK, at least, it's been a huge success. Initially, it wasn't going to be offered here, but there was a late change of heart and its been a runaway success. Perhaps its because the market here is more in tune with the heritage appeal. Our GTs are also highly spec'd (basically PP1/Premium.....we don't get a base option) so there wasn't a massive price difference between GT & Bullitt. Who knows, but I just find it interesting.

I love the Bullitt and I "get it". The Bullitt flies under the radar whereas a Mach 1 will scream in your face with the option of high-impact colors and stripes. If it does come with the 10-speed (I hope it does) it'll also open it up to a wider audience. I know of at least a couple of older gents here that would have bought a Bullitt, but the manual-only spec put them off (one of these gents had to have his mint '69 Mach 1 4-speed converted to auto so he could continue to drive it).

Anyway......can't wait for more Mach 1 news :)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Mach 1 (we'll concentrate on '69s and '70s) did not come standard with an automatic. Standard was standard, a 3 speed on small blocks (351) 4 speed on big blocks. Automatics were an option, even on the SN95 cars, autos were always optional. Standards were always standard, automatics were not standard. Never. So many things wrong with that post.
Nor was the Mach 1 only a stickers and stripe package. in addition to getting a V-8, you got the handling suspension package. You also got the upgraded interior, with three spoke steering wheel, woodgrain trim, high back buckets with unique knitted vinyl inserts and a Rallye clock. You got additional sound deadening, you got chrome tips on 4V cars, you got hood pins, and you got a hood scoop. And stripes.
Great post. Thanks for the correction on the transmission and for your good spelling, grammar and punctuation. :like:

The 3 speed manual with a 2V 351W definitely wasn't a performance package. So I would contend that the handling suspension package, if included, was really the only performance part of the Mach 1. Everything else was lipstick. So I still feel I'm right that the "heritage" of the Mach 1 was more about appearance than anything else. Don't get me wrong, I love the appearance of it. And '69 and '70 Mustangs are awesome in my opinion.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Interesting that the Bullitt hasn't been deemed a huge success in the US............here in the UK, at least, it's been a huge success. Initially, it wasn't going to be offered here, but there was a late change of heart and its been a runaway success. Perhaps its because the market here is more in tune with the heritage appeal. Our GTs are also highly spec'd (basically PP1/Premium.....we don't get a base option) so there wasn't a massive price difference between GT & Bullitt. Who knows, but I just find it interesting.
I would suggest it's down to our limited choice. We don't get any of the Shelby models or Performance Pack 2, so instead Ford is going to milk it in the UK etc with superficial upgrades/ colour schemes etc. It doesn't make so much sense in the US to buy a Bullitt, when for say $12k (less than ÂŁ10k) more you can have a proper performance car with a GT350.
Sponsored