Sponsored

2021 GT - brake too sensitive (on/off)

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Hey folks! Not sure how to phrase this properly, but for those with '21 GT's (base model so not the brembo's) do you find that your brakes bites really hard? Like there's nothing deliberate about it; when you hit the brakes it just bites down. I don't remember this being the case with my eco when I first bought it (and my eco had the performance package for '17 which has the same 4 pistons as my GT now).
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Hey folks! Not sure how to phrase this properly, but for those with '21 GT's (base model so not the brembo's) do you find that your brakes bites really hard? Like there's nothing deliberate about it; when you hit the brakes it just bites down. I don't remember this being the case with my eco when I first bought it (and my eco had the performance package for '17 which has the same 4 pistons as my GT now).
Stronger bite is something that you can get used to, it just takes a little practice with brake pedal modulation to ease into them. I'm suspecting the new car has pads of slightly greater friction coefficient (aka "mu") than the pads on your other cars had. More bite from the same amounts of pedal force you're accustomed to needing - which isn't a bad thing once you get used to it, either.

Norm

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
IMHO it fades with time, either the bite goes away a bit, or the driver gets used to it.

If you want to see bite, try my track pads on 6-piston brembos.. If you even twitch a foot towards the brake pedal you loose 20mph.

Deleted member 35644

Have no explanation for this, but the '18 Ecoboost convertible's brakes bite much ealier in the pedal travel than my '18 Ecoboost coupe's did. They bite earlier than the V6 too. I have to be mindful of the brakes when I drive it after jumping right out of the V6. We used to call cars like this "factory freak" when I was working at a dealership, and we discovered a car that did things none of the rest did. You may have one in your garage too.

mfk2910

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Farouk
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Yes it's normal you have to get used to using them. How to tell if they are working as they should? By pressing harder and getting a harder bite. If however you pressing harder doesn't increase the bite and slow faster than it's not working properly lol

OP
OP
Toretto

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Yeah I mean I rather deal/get used to this than having inadequate brakes lol

Just wanted to see if others noticed the same on their cars cuz the brake setup is identical to my Eco, yet I never noticed this when I had that car (I bought it brand new as well)
Sponsored