2020 Shelby GT500 and GT350 Dealer Allocation

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Having some issues with the allocation I found.

1. CF dash insert is not available, All CF parts are very difficult to come by apparently.

2. Handling pack (base non CF version) is apparently a "controlled commodity" per ford scheduler and cant just be added on to a submitted build even if that build has not been given a build date.

This is a bit frustrating, I may have to pass on this allocation. If I do I will post it up, sure someone else will want it , 5K ADM.

Weazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, PP1, Royal Crimson. 2020 Exp ST
I'm just looking for a base car with the tech pack, handling pack, heated and cooled seats. Carbon fiber dash insert is fine as well. Msrp seems to be 81,300 ish. So, if anyone has a lead it would be appreciated. Any color but black and race red.

Had one located with 124 miles, but after checking with the dealer it was a lemon buy back with a new motor.

JRedondox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Looking for a GT500 if anybody has a lead... dont want to pay 20k adm.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I haven’t been able to find one. supply is tight and they know it. They’re turning the screws to us all.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
I'm just looking for a base car with the tech pack, handling pack, heated and cooled seats. Carbon fiber dash insert is fine as well. Msrp seems to be 81,300 ish. So, if anyone has a lead it would be appreciated. Any color but black and race red.

Had one located with 124 miles, but after checking with the dealer it was a lemon buy back with a new motor.
Not easy to Lemon Law a car, just cuz a new eng was installed. I know that 1st hand.
Lower 48 State laws, do vary considerably.

1 of my best veh purchases ever, was a lemon law vehicle. FORD Claimed it was 100% fixed.
It wasn't.
The Door jam was sticker-ed quite noticeably as a
"LEMON LAW BUY BK VEH" , & Lincoln used car lot side, acknowledged it up front w/30% off Value as priced on there lot..
Tons of repaired documents saying it wasn't fixed till it was lemons.. then repaired by Factory Authorized Ford Repair center.
( That was totally B/S , & they just ran it thru a Cali car auction & a Lincoln dealership bought fir its used inventory.

We saved ~30% from sticker on a '05,
in '05 purchase...
had 15k miles on it..
Drove ok in the 35mph Automall area.
Horrible on Freeway going hm at 6pm on Saturday nite..

We just had to tell them, That Following Monday morning,, how to fix the dam thing..
after I drove it home swapping lanes
(A bit if an exaggeration.... but clearly wouldn't drive right...
& still.. Ford.. puts it bk Out into the world FOR SALE, without actually Fixing this $34k MSRP thing..)

lm tryin to say I would consider buying another nearly new lemon law vehicle,
say w/an eng install.. thats deemed a lemon law car. But only once we knew the details. As much info as possible...

Once all the previous documentation info is 1st known. Our last ordeal turned out great.

Just had to drive it hm to figure out why nobody could tell what was problem, as a Cali veh must be attempted to be repaired 3x before it can be lemoned. Sad part is that none if the 4 difference FoMoCo locations could diagnose a simple handling issue.. saved us over $12k grand thou..

U Dont always need Ford to diagnose it. gotta do it for them at times.
Then under warranty, they can usually fix what u tell um is the problem they cannot grasp.

We hav a GT500
Rapid Red,
Tech pk,
Handling pkg,
Hood stripes
Pretty much a strip dwn car. ~$81k MSRP on order as of a few days ago @Local dealership.

Nobody @Dealership will give us ANY IDEA WHEN we might get a build date or anything, of any kind if time frame.

They hav our deposit money.
& its a MSRP purchase price w/no add on bk end stuff.
A Straight MSRP purchase price deal.

that said...,
will they just pass us up, & sell allotments too other buyers, who will pay over MSRP till they run out of ADM buyers?

Wish we could say we trust dealerships.
We trust some people who work at them. Dont trust the dealership's word, in many cases.

So they owe us, 1 MSRP car w/a few options.

& clearly, there is no way WE R gettin a 2021..??
So a 2022 u hav to expect. Or '23?

W/all the 2021 guys, who aren't likely gettin the cars they ordeed, ('21s),
& would then be put into '22s,
unless a few cancel?.. if u want a car,
u would not cancel. ( ok, i wouldn't cancel)
U would wait..

I would wait till my car is built & take ownership.

Seems like there should be a lot of peeps in line, Long before us guys, who just now ordered a new car, in & around July, '21.

Anyone know if that rumor of taking chips from 500s & using them on other veh's, turned out to be a legitimate action by FoMoCo, or not ?
Or was it just a rumor.

There are so many people in front of us,
we suspect, & the MY we are in is coming to an end soon...

I wouldn't be too surprised if we dont even see our build in a '22 car, even.. 😆

Unless demand has dropped off?

We'd certainly Like to hear from anyone who has a thought, or insight,
into getting a car that was just ordered @dealership, & any games they might play to not honor a MSRP commitment,
in our recent, July of '21 order w/deposit.
Thx