2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 2

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2013 Mustang GT
Good point. I think I’ve seen some rail cars open with vehicles but I’ve seem the Ford labeled rail cars appearing as background. Don’t know if that is a real thing or produced.

Any info on whether folks get to go to rail yard? I’m sure that’s rare. My dealer said service manager goes and picks them up. Apparently at rail yard.

Anyone know anything about St Louis yard?

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
img_1083_13bfcad60de6ed6c295ee58515a20be39dc7fd40.jpg

ChuckScherr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang; (2) 2019 F250 Diesel Lariats; 2020 Shelby GT500 on order
I found a dealer that still said they had a 2020 allocation and were offering me a custom order at a good price, so I gave them the options and they showed me the preview order Saturday, and said he'd submit it after my deposit which I gave. He said they get their orders pulled Wednesdays, and that he'll talk to his rep. What is the next step for me to look out for? Or what should I ask my sales rep to provide so I can get the information I need? Are VINs assigned when they get pulled, even if build date is far off?
The next step is you get to play the waiting game. Each Thursday Snoopy lets us know how many new VINs are created and at that point call FP or your dealer to see if you made the cut. If you make the cut you’ll get your VIN. In the meantime if you want call FP and give them your order and dealer number and they can verify that an order has been created. But until you get a VIN that is all they can tell you is they see that order. Looking back I’d suggest you get the dealer to put in writing they have an allocation; otherwise they are holding your money interest free for no reason

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
The next step is you get to play the waiting game. Each Thursday Snoopy lets us know how many new VINs are created and at that point call FP or your dealer to see if you made the cut. If you make the cut you’ll get your VIN. In the meantime if you want call FP and give them your order and dealer number and they can verify that an order has been created. But until you get a VIN that is all they can tell you is they see that order. Looking back I’d suggest you get the dealer to put in writing they have an allocation; otherwise they are holding your money interest free for no reason
unfortunately all you can do is trust and wait. Welcome to limbo

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I don't mind waiting for the car. My biggest fear is getting screwed out of the deal I have in place. I won't truly trust the deal I have until the papers are signed, keys are in my hand and my rear end is in the seat of the car I ordered as I drive away in it.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Status Update:

Congratulations Curtis :dance::dance::dance::dance:

@SEERED - Sent Plant - In Production
Your VIN was sent to the plant for production.

tenor.gif
tenor.gif

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)