2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 2

chase99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Raptor
Four weeks this Thursday at Penske and then I assume another 4 or more like yourself at the rail yard! Ordered 7/11/19!
Should be a 2021 Model year by the arrival time!

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
Four weeks this Thursday at Penske and then I assume another 4 or more like yourself at the rail yard! Ordered 7/11/19!
Well, you may not be facing a Stop Ship Hold like mine if Ford does whatever they're going to do at Flat Rock before shipping. I received information from another "expectant" CFTP buyer that Ford Engineers are driving (NOT flying) to the rail yards to do whatever they have to do...... I told the dealer that if the condition of the car is not satisfactory I will ask them to provide me a 2021 Golden Ticket allocation (assuming they get one) and they can sell this one to someone who may be on a "list" behind me.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Well, you may not be facing a Stop Ship Hold like mine if Ford does whatever they're going to do at Flat Rock before shipping. I received information from another "expectant" CFTP buyer that Ford Engineers are driving (NOT flying) to the rail yards to do whatever they have to do...... I told the dealer that if the condition of the car is not satisfactory I will ask them to provide me a 2021 Golden Ticket allocation (assuming they get one) and they can sell this one to someone who may be on a "list" behind me.
I have heard that the inspection is being done by a 3rd party contractor as far as the remote inspections is concerned.

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
I have heard that the inspection is being done by a 3rd party contractor as far as the remote inspections is concerned.
Earl,
I would just like to know WHAT they are inspecting the cars for and when the hell they will get to Milpitas, CA and release the car to the dealer. Of all the new Mustangs I've purchased since 2011, I don't think any of them have ever been parked outside for more than 2-3 days...

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Status Updates:

Congratulations Tony and Bill :dance::dance::dance::dance:

@Trifecta - Received - In Plant
It looks like the car is undergoing a final inspection before being released for shipment.

@FourStangs - Received - Awaiting Shipment

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

Trifecta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Zl11LE, Demon, Others....
Status Updates:

Congratulations Tony and Bill :dance::dance::dance::dance:

@Trifecta - Received - In Plant
It looks like the car is undergoing a final inspection before being released for shipment.

@FourStangs - Received - Awaiting Shipment

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif
Hmmm, is that a new stage? It’s been back from Penske for a few weeks sitting somewhere. Oh well, next stop Japan! ;-)

Thanks Snoop!

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL
I can't believe it's still sitting there. I think my car should arrive in Milpitas today or tomorrow, it was last spotted in Oakland, yesterday. Hoping your car gets out of purgatory soon! I know TFSMH will do the right thing by you and hopefully this time outside proves to be a non-issue.

Raven9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 1967 Mercury Cougar
Has anyone been able to track a railcar through CN (Canadian National)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Shame on them, shame. That sucks.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Well, once again another week, and no word from Ford as to when 0837 is going to be released from the rail yard. Been sitting out in the open in 80 + degree weather since June 17th....4 weeks this Wednesday. Apparently there are 40 other CFTP cars that are in this same situation throughout the US . It's not so much the time since ordering (7/1/2019) that concerns me, but it's condition upon receipt at the dealer. Ford doesn't appear to have a lot of respect for purchasers of their "ultimate Mustang" They shoot horses don't they?
1E1FBC2F-8F5D-42CB-8861-3FE93F34E9D6.jpeg
A whole lot of "I dont give a F" is going on.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
Checking to see if “Shipped Convoy” actually means the vehicle has been assigned to a car carrier or it has actually left the rail yard and will be headed to the dealer tomorrow.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Status Update:

Congratulations Chris, Tim, HP and Richard :dance::dance::dance::dance:

@rhino20 - Shipped Convoy

Your car is on the truck heading for your dealer. If it hasn't already been delivered, it will be tomorrow.

@Goose17 - Released to Body Company

@HP 219 - Released to Body Company

@ricksvt - Trim Line

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm, is that a new stage? It’s been back from Penske for a few weeks sitting somewhere. Oh well, next stop Japan! ;-)

Thanks Snoop!
The stage has been around for a while, your car had been Received Awaiting Shipment since 06/25 and it was just pulled back into production today for an inspection. It should be released for shipment sometime this week.