2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 2

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I can confirm the hold on CFTP cars for the suspension spacers. However, I'm worried there is something else holding them up. My car (no stripes CFTP) has been produced since the 3rd of last month and was released a few days later. Car sat until the 19th when I noticed it went back to 'in production'. This was to get the spacers replaced. The car was then re-released on the 22nd and has again been sitting in the 'received awaiting shipment' status ever since. In my experience, once you reach the 'received awaiting shipment' status, it ships within few days unless there is some sort of hold placed.

Today marks one year ago to the day that my order was placed... :facepalm:

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
I can confirm the hold on CFTP cars for the suspension spacers. However, I'm worried there is something else holding them up. My car (no stripes CFTP) has been produced since the 3rd of last month and was released a few days later. Car sat until the 19th when I noticed it went back to 'in production'. This was to get the spacers replaced. The car was then re-released on the 22nd and has again been sitting in the 'received awaiting shipment' status ever since. In my experience, once you reach the 'received awaiting shipment' status, it ships within few days unless there is some sort of hold placed.

Today marks one year ago to the day that my order was placed... :facepalm:
I feel your pain. My car was ordered on 7/1/2019 and finally built on March 6th. Hope the spacers is the ONLY issue as my car is "marooned" in Milpitas, CA. Dealer has been told it won't move until July 31st or after. Received this info only after posted something on Facebook. https://www.fordgt500.com/threads/cftp-shipment-delay-problem-with-suspension-spacers.193571/

How do they get the car off of a railcar if the spacers are not present? They don't have a problem with the GT500 Spoiler getting it on and off the Buck Ramp when loading & unloading as Ford requires the GT350's and GT500's to be placed on the middle and highest level of the 3 in the railcar.
B9960316-2293-4A78-A40D-58A4BADFDA52.jpeg

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
That made me chuckle, dude. :-) I loved that single malt but it's pricey. The first time I bought some, the wife actually thought she smelled smoke in the house. <grinning>
Ha, I can believe that. I've always described it to people as drinking a nice campfire.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Earl, I seem to recall cars were going to Penske in various stages of production. Some didn't have wings installed and still had factory roller wheels on. Do you suppose that the reason for the hold when cars return from penske is due to cars having to go to the mod shop upon return?

Just a thought
KB, the pictures of those cars on trailers were being transported to the storage building that Ford rented for the GT350's and GT500's last year. The building was used to protect the cars from the cold weather. Those were the same trailers used to transport cars to Penske. All the cars going to Penske are complete with the wing and wheels.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Status Update:

Congratulations

@SISCOKID09 - Delay - In Transit

Hopefully this happened after it got shipped.

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

SISCOKID09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT500, 2014 Roush Stage 3 Convertible
Status Update:

Congratulations

@SISCOKID09 - Delay - In Transit

Hopefully this happened after it got shipped.

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif
Thank you for the update. Hopefully it will get delivered next week. Looks like it is 151 miles from Flat Rock to Urbana, Ohio.
Thanks again,

Ben

shelbykr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2009 Shelby GT500KR 2008 Shelby GT-C
It always bothered me as well. I appreciated finding out the truth.

It’s also my understanding Flat Rock is building 350 cars per day right now. Of those, 60 are Shelby’s of some type (350, 500, or Heritage). Pre C19, they were building 900 cars per day. Interesting data.
Does anyone have any intel on the numbers of GT500 built in a day from those numbers?

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
It always bothered me as well. I appreciated finding out the truth.

It’s also my understanding Flat Rock is building 350 cars per day right now. Of those, 60 are Shelby’s of some type (350, 500, or Heritage). Pre C19, they were building 900 cars per day. Interesting data.
From what I was told that before the shutdown they were producing about 1 Mustang a minute, so that would equal 480 cars in an 8 hour day . I haven't heard anything about the production rate at this time.

Last edited:

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
Hey been getting familiar withe all the aps on the new car , but can't figure out how to get the HUD to work, manual says go to performance shift indicator and you can set it, but no matter what mode I am in, it will not turn on. Any help out there?

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
As far as I know from talking to my rep yesterday, my car is still on the train at it's destination in Tampa and they won't unload it for them yet. Status on trackmymustang keeps changing from "passing" to "passing arrival", wondering now if that even means anything.

Guessing with the holiday and it being a weekend, they don't want to unload it yet. Then a master tech still needing to install the handling pack parts, so it's maybe looking like a Tuesday-ish pick up.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
As far as I know from talking to my rep yesterday, my car is still on the train at it's destination in Tampa and they won't unload it for them yet. Status on trackmymustang keeps changing from "passing" to "passing arrival", wondering now if that even means anything.

Guessing with the holiday and it being a weekend, they don't want to unload it yet. Then a master tech still needing to install the handling pack parts, so it's maybe looking like a Tuesday-ish pick up.
“Passing” just means the rail car passed a tracking point on the rail line. “Passing Arrival” means it’s at a rail yard where the car may shift trains. You can find these locations using Google Maps.

As to your Handling Pack items, they are for “Post Delivery” installation. That means you get to install them. Some dealers are doing it, but they don’t get paid for it if they do. They are to install the big front splitter, and doing the splitter wickers at the same time is no big deal. But expect to see the Gurney Flap in the trunk along with the Oil Separator and maybe the camber plates unless they arrive separately (which they normally do).