Sponsored

2020 GT500 TEASER

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
A GT3 has just the right amount of power to thoroughly enjoy it with a manual transmission, as well as pedal it at a decent rate, but, seriously, if I was asked to flog 700+hp I'd find it much easier to manage through an auto/DCT with paddle shifts. Kind of why none of today's super/hypercars have manual boxes.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
A GT3 has just the right amount of power to thoroughly enjoy it with a manual transmission, as well as pedal it at a decent rate, but, seriously, if I was asked to flog 700+hp I'd find it much easier to manage through an auto/DCT with paddle shifts. Kind of why none of today's super/hypercars have manual boxes.
This exactly is my line of thinking too. Around 500-525 hp and typical sports car/coupe weight IMO would be the limit where I (not at all professional racecar driver but competent) would feel comfortable pushing a car hard on a racetrack with 3 pedals. Significantly more and I'm not sure I'd have the skill or focus to make 3 pedals fun, or more fun overall than a DCT/fast auto.

Lacquer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Great post and thanks for your thoughts. I agree it is more difficult to drive a manual transmission car. I think that challenge is what makes it more fun for me. :cheers:
:ford:
:cheers:
Sponsored