Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
16 pages and counting...

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
wait, im trying to understand this logic. Answer thse questions for me so we can have a beneficial dialogue

350 weight is? 3641
350hp is? 526
350 track time is? 1:36.11
350 1/4 et/mph is? 12.1@119

1le weight is? 3737
1le hp is? 455
1le track time is? 1:37.78
1le 1/4 et/mph is? 12.5@116

yes, im doing the same.
https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna-seca-post-1988

350R with less weight, more power and a significant wheel/tire advantage.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Once again I'm not arguing quarter mile times, but claiming the GT is quicker than the SS is a stretch. Same day same track they would be as even as 2 cars could be
We are talking GT500 and ZL1. Ford has no more powerful motor to just drop in the Mustang...Chevy has the ZR1 motor and it will swap right in the Camaro....all they require is the desire to do so.
I think Ford does have a more powerful motor......out of respect to the person that shared the hint to me I'll remain quiet for now.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Still no takers on my Challenge? I especially want to hear back from the weight bashers.

"What other 2020 model new car can I buy for $90K or less that will go 0-100-0 mph in 10.6 seconds or less, have 760hp or more that has a cooling system good enough for me to burn a whole tank without losing any horsepower and give me all the porky goodies like factory premium sound with subwoofers, nav system, power everything, bliss cross traffic for $90k or less?"

Sponsored

SCCA Racer #75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 on order, 2019 GT3RS, 2002 C5 Z06
Please explain why.
I never would have never expected 500lbs heavier than a GT350.

Wright is the enemy of a corner carving car.

Maybe in a straight line not as big of a deal, that's up to you.

Best Regards,
Dave

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

Best Regards,
Dave
How can you be disappointed when you have no clue how this car will perform at the track? Edit: Actually, we do have a clue. It's said to outperform the GT350R at most (except the smallest) of tracks.

You have just stated, you are more concerned about weight than performance.

SCCA Racer #75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 on order, 2019 GT3RS, 2002 C5 Z06
Still no takers on my Challenge? I especially want to hear back from the weight bashers.

"What other 2020 model new car can I buy for $90K or less that will go 0-100-0 mph in 10.6 seconds or less, have 760hp or more that has a cooling system good enough for me to burn a whole tank without losing any horsepower and give me all the porky goodies like factory premium sound with subwoofers, nav system, power everything, bliss cross traffic for $90k or less?"
You're bragging about raw numbers and straight line items. There is no independent data to prove the car can go through a tank of gas on a 85+ degree day and not fall off. Which frankly isn't the trend with most supercharged vehicles.

When you consider a driver in the car... You're now talking about 4,400+ lbs going around corners... Which is the enemy of tire life and consistent fast lap times.

Best Regards,
Dave

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.

Best Regards,
Dave
There are heavy cars that corner very well. The Bugatti Veryon is over 4,000lbs and it is a super car that burns up the road in a straight line and carves up the corners. There are many much lighter cars that can't touch it.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

Best Regards,
Dave
Why was your order denied. Just curious?

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
No Dave,
I
You're bragging about raw numbers and straight line items. There is no independent data to prove the car can go through a tank of gas on a 85+ degree day and not fall off. Which frankly isn't the trend with most supercharged vehicles.

When you consider a driver in the car... You're now talking about 4,400+ lbs going around corners... Which is the enemy of tire life and consistent fast lap times.

Best Regards,
Dave
No Dave,
I am not bragging about just straight line numbers. There is more more factors than just weight when you consider consistent lap times. As I have said before the Bugatti Veryon is over 4,000 lbs. but can hold 1.4g in latteral acceleration so it can out corner many cars much lower in weight. You are right that tires will wear out under more weight but you have to pay to play when it comes to racing on the track. The GT 500 has more coolers, cooling surfaces and the largest heat extractor ever on a Mustang. It is highly likely that it will cool as advertised even by independant tests. Still not even one other car that can do 0-100-0 at the same price point? No one knows the latteral acceleration numbers yet but fat ladies can dance just as the Veryon does at over 4,000lbs.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I think you missed my point. Im all for a healthy discussion, but as soon as the weight was released, it was like we went back a few notches with every basher coming out of the woodwork. I like hanging out here, but not so much when people are focusing on negative aspects for the sake of making themselves feel better for what? All this has gone beyond a healthy and productive discussion and has been (what seems to be) a focused effort on sticking it to Ford when nobody has had the chance to see what the car is or what it can do.

As much as I don't like the POORS comment (prices out of range), it is accurate. Many who never would buy this car are the ones who have all the horrible things to say. It seems they are happy to hear and promote anything negative for the sake of what? I think maybe to make them feel better about not being able to get one?
And you missed my point. Go read my first post. How was saying the car will run mid 10s stock. And will beat a zle bashing???????? F#%k you guys are thick. A few of you are so full of yourselves. You can't seperate the good from the bad. What I refuse to do. Is give Ford a pass for all the lame bullsh!t they've pulled with this car. And the S550 in general. Puzzle piece horsepower reveal? Really? But they wont release the weight of the car. Til the thing is ready to hit the f#%king streets? Think about that. They hid that sh!t til the car went on sale! Obviously that was for good reason. You say you don't care about the weight? Every read a Hellcat review. Where they said it makes for an exceptional road course car? Yea me either. Endless development time. And here we are. Almost 2020. And we still dont know if its faster than a Hellcat or ZL1? We hear venom kills demons. DOES IT? And as far as the "poor" thing goes. Own it! I pointed out Im in the top 5 or 6 percent income bracket for this country. And a few said. I shouldn't brag about my income. But somehow assuming anyone that doesn't completely blow the GT500 is broke and cant afford the car is a poor?Yea that's real f#%kin classy. I considered a GT500. I decided against that purchase. Doesn't change my right to have an opinion about it. I sincerely hope the GT500. Lives up to the hype. This poor is done with this fanboy bullsh!t. I tried to talk sense to the Camaro fan boys. when I owned a Camaro. They didn't want to hear anything negative either. Look at them now.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
And you missed my point. Go read my first post. How was saying the car will run mid 10s stock. And will beat a zle bashing???????? F#%k you guys are thick. A few of you are so full of yourselves. You can't seperate the good from the bad. What I refuse to do. Is give Ford a pass for all the lame bullsh!t they've pulled with this car. And the S550 in general. Puzzle piece horsepower reveal? Really? But they wont release the weight of the car. Til the thing is ready to hit the f#%king streets? Think about that. They hid that sh!t til the car went on sale! Obviously that was for good reason. You say you don't care about the weight? Every read a Hellcat review. Where they said it makes for an exceptional road course car? Yea me either. Endless development time. And here we are. Almost 2020. And we still dont know if its faster than a Hellcat or ZL1? We hear venom kills demons. DOES IT? And as far as the "poor" thing goes. Own it! I pointed out Im in the top 5 or 6 percent income bracket for this country. And a few said. I shouldn't brag about my income. But somehow assuming anyone that doesn't completely blow the GT500 is broke and cant afford the car is a poor?Yea that's real f#%kin classy. I considered a GT500. I decided against that purchase. Doesn't change my right to have an opinion about it. I sincerely hope the GT500. Lives up to the hype. This poor is done with this fanboy bullsh!t. I tried to talk sense to the Camaro fan boys. when I owned a Camaro. They didn't want to hear anything negative either. Look at them now.
I see your words are not blue anymore