Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Personally, I think this is just voodoo doing voodoo things. They rattle crap apart - it's just how they're designed. I've been through alternators, pick up tubes, starters, exhaust bolts, front cover bolts, shifter bolts, ground bolts, crank snouts, main caps, you name it. I've probably rattled it off/cracked it. Well, except headers ironically (but I know many who have broken those).
my thoughts exactly.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
well i really appreciate the transparency. what i've noticed is a lot of the "the voodoo is perfect the way it is" crowd doesn't really has 25 page threads detailing what they're doing with the cars with no issues. i read somewhere once that ford had to add a lot of extra weight to the engine's rotating assembly to try and mitigate these vibrations.

I look at it this way. ferrari has been building flat plane crank V8's for AGES and just recently started making them very reliable. for ford to get this close on its first try is pretty great.

its an extremely special car that will go down as one of the greats. in many ways its more special than the GT500 which is imo a totally different animal itself.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Are you on solid motor mounts or something that's causing this level of failure? I've not seen this from other track cars or higher horsepower builds.
bone Stock

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Personally, I think this is just voodoo doing voodoo things. They rattle crap apart - it's just how they're designed. I've been through alternators, pick up tubes, starters, exhaust bolts, front cover bolts, shifter bolts, ground bolts, crank snouts, main caps, you name it. I've probably rattled it off/cracked it. Well, except headers ironically (but I know many who have broken those).

to add for those who havenā€™t read the whole thread, Iā€™ve had 3 starters in this car also.

I have had to tighten the shifter bolts more than once, tighten ground bolts as well. So your analysis is similar to mine, and I havenā€™t found any reason to think otherwise

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
Iā€™ve watched your laps on YouTube at Sebring, Defintely driving the car at the limit and using entire powerband for sure. Iā€™ve driven at Sebring 10+ years, and the last 4 years with my GT350R and your laps like 4-5 seconds quicker than me. Also have enjoyed Kevins (Honeybadger) track/garage videos over the years as well. I feel your thoughts are valid in regards to hard, extended, regular track use of a Voodoo powered mustang. Definitely good advice to check all these vibration prone areas between track days !

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Man, that machine is beautiful. You basically took a Ford shell and rebuilt it from the ground up LOL

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
got back out to Sebring today.

since the alternator issue last time, I had noticed a grinding sound at the track. But because the alternator cracked and threw my belt, I didnā€™t investigate further. I had needed to change rear rotors so I assumed that was it.

during my rotor swap today at the track, I was throwing the girodiscā€™s on and noticed that my caliper on the left rear rotor was basically contacting the rotor. And sure enough when I got everything apart it was certianly rubbing on my caliper.

quick little test told me that the wheel bearings are worn out. So there went my day.

I figured I would do these myself since itā€™s so easy. I ordered the rear hub assembly with ARP studs and all good.

this isnā€™t a rub on the car, those are wearable items and I should have been looking at them sooner considering the hard use. Iā€™ll have to make a point of changing them out every few thousand miles of racing. The results could have been bad if I didnā€™t find it.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
my dad got to rip on his gt500 so that was good.

we also got our lotus evora GTN race car signed up for the WRL endurance race at Sebring at the end of September. Its 2 x 8 hour race days. So we are looking forward to that.

lots of racing stuff to keep me occupied

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Good catch on the hubs. Somehow I haven't had to replace mine yet - though I suspect my current hubs are close. I did preemptively change them out in 2019, but I've haven't had either set develop any major play. Guess I need to hit moar kerbs

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Lol. bro, r u riding the curbs or something

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
I need to come down, i love that track on forza

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
I need to come down, i love that track on forza
lots of track days for Sebring

let me know when you wanna come down. We can link up. Would love to check out your project build.