2020 Electronics package...

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
I am ordering a 2020 R and for right now I have checked the box for the electronics package, but I am rethinking this option. An updated stereo and voice activated navigation I couldn’t care less about, so my question is for those who have experience driving this gen ‘stang is the Bliss/cross traffic alert worth it? I’ve never owned a vehicle with this feature and the blind spots in the car don’t seem terrible so just want to get some opinions on it...

Thanks fellas!
Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Look at it this way, your getting the same tech package as the GT500 for a $1000 less.

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®
I am ordering a 2020 R and for right now I have checked the box for the electronics package, but I am rethinking this option. An updated stereo and voice activated navigation I couldn’t care less about, so my question is for those who have experience driving this gen ‘stang is the Bliss/cross traffic alert worth it? I’ve never owned a vehicle with this feature and the blind spots in the car don’t seem terrible so just want to get some opinions on it...

Thanks fellas!
I have BLIS/CTA in my 2019 and I think it's helpful for me personally. If there is a vehicle/person about to get in your way when you're backing up from a parking spot, it will beep rapidly and alert you. It also displays the reason for the beep in the instrument cluster.

It also adds a light to your side mirrors that light up when there is somebody in your blind spot. I was ok with the tiny square mirror at the top of the mirrors that most Ford mirrors have. But the light is easier to see I suppose.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I found the light annoying as it comes up when you need it and most of the times when you don't .. I am happy I don't have it (drove other Mustangs with it installed). The square mirror is all I need.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Well, now that you asked...lol! That Bliss item is the one thing I wish was NOT incl. in pkg. Never had it, no experience here but I like to enjoy my driving experience w/o bells, whistles, beeps, flashing lights OR annoying "helpful" voices! Lol! I mean, how did we ever survive without such engineered intrusions to our peaceful, engaging driver's experience? Call me "Blissful w/o BLISS"! ....

Sponsored

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Also, if you could care less about.the B&O stereo deleting cost of Electronics will go long way toward that $5, 000.00 2020 R price increase. Right?

OP
OP
TYAO=RH

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
Thanks for the feedback guys, although the puddle lamps do sound like a cool gimmick, I think that would be the only thing I’d miss with this package...it shall be unchecked.

jfrish7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R (KR499), 1997 Miata, 996 911
Thanks for the feedback guys, although the puddle lamps do sound like a cool gimmick, I think that would be the only thing I’d miss with this package...it shall be unchecked.
Have you heard anything about the expected changes to the 2020 R?

Sponsored
OP
OP
TYAO=RH

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
Have you heard anything about the expected changes to the 2020 R?
Man I’ve tried to get some info on this, but no luck...it’s actually kind of annoying how this is playing out in regards to the updates...Ford (Schembari) announced that changes will occur for 2020 R, yet all I’ve heard on the dealer network side is that it’s just a price hike for profit and no changes are happening. I am 90% purchasing a 2020 R and not a 19’ because of these changes...10% due to Grabber Lime.

Anyhoo, I’m sure Ford will announce the updates in due time.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Just an FYI on BLIS....you can disable it if it distracts you. I remember when I purchased an Acura RL back in 2006 with all the driver aids now common on most cars. Initially I too found it distracting (why is the car doing that!?). I disabled them until I got familiar with the car, then enabled them and they became second nature. I do appreciate the tech package on the Shelby as it is a weekend street car for me. That said, I bought it as I wanted a visceral car before they are no more. A normally aspirated V8, manual transmission, amazing brakes along with my lifelong desire for a Shelby made it a non issue for the features like adaptive cruise, braking mitigation, lane keep assist, etc. When I want that ride, I drive my Acura Sport Hybrid ( have sold my NSX) . In a weird way, as much as I am under the Shelby spell, it has also made me fall in love with the techy sedan again. Very different rides for very different purposed. You just have to decide how 'civil' you want your Shelby to be.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I'm having the same debate. The only thing I would miss is the cobra puddle lamps.

How much more is the Electronics package?

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The #1 reason I sold my z/28 and got the 2019 gt350 was for the bliss. Driving at night I got used to it in my Raptor. So when in my z/28 I would look to see no light and change lanes, however I didn’t have that in that car so I almost hit someone one day. Bliss is great for a quick look and no worry lane change.
Sponsored