Sponsored

2020 EcoBoost High Performance Package, 330 HP / 350 LB-FT, 0-60 mid 4's [Updated With Video]

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Look part-throttle rookie, that 325 is not at part throttle so is irrelevant.

How many times does this have to be explained? LoL
I am not a smart man either. I guess I just don't have enough experience with this part-throttle racing. My brain just won't conform. Kind of like trying to no-lift shift, my brain says foot to the floor, lift and shift, foot to the floor. I just can't physically overcome this. I doubt I could ever make myself part-throttle race as well, which would just make me a cheater. And, I don't like cheaters.
Sponsored

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
We are talking about "part throttle" torque. Don't become just another kill... steer clear of these "part throttle" torque monsters. Also beware that these ecoboost's are stealthy. You could very likely become "a kill" and not even be aware you were "part throttle" racing. I was tooling along one day at a comfortable 35mph and the next thing I knew, an ecoboost came screaming by me.... yep... just another kill. I'm sure other GT drivers have had similar experiences.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I was tooling along one day at a comfortable 35mph and the next thing I knew, an ecoboost came screaming by me.... yep... just another kill. I'm sure other GT drivers have had similar experiences.
But they aren't brave enough to admit it. Kudos!

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
And, do you miss the down-low torque of your N55...? Now that you have a Gen3 Yote..?
Nope! Off the line the Gen 3 Coyote makes great torque for daily driving. Very comparable to the 320hp/330tq my '16 made as far as my butt-dyno can tell.

<--3yrs in a '16 M235xi and I used to worry replacing that car as I thought it was the best thing ever.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
We are talking about "part throttle" torque. Don't become just another kill... steer clear of these "part throttle" torque monsters. Also beware that these ecoboost's are stealthy. You could very likely become "a kill" and not even be aware you were "part throttle" racing. I was tooling along one day at a comfortable 35mph and the next thing I knew, an ecoboost came screaming by me.... yep... just another kill. I'm sure other GT drivers have had similar experiences.
My condolences. (Enter TAPS playing in the background, here).

Sponsored

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
it stings at first... getting a beat down at "part throttle," especially given you are totally unaware you were even in a race. But after reading all these threads about how awesome the ecoboost is at "part throttle" I feel a bit better. These ecoboost's are just monsters at "part throttle"... nothing can touch them. Good luck to us GT owners when this new and improved "part throttle" ecoboost hits the streets. Stay frosty...

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I'm not a smart man, but I know better than to look in that thread. Is it the dumpster fire I suspect it is?
Ya don't make my mistake. I didn't realize it turned into a mosh pit. it's a trainwreck, stay away lol

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
You do realize the stock 5.0 is making over 325 lb-ft of torque to the wheels at 2500 rpm which is already more than your stock 2.3 is going to make period, so I'm still having trouble finding this domination (even at part throttle).
I think you are fudging some numbers...

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The new Hi- PO Ecoboost sounds like it will be a hoot to drive. I just wish I had one for this coming Summer. I cant wait until Fall.

Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I'd love to see the quotes you guys are getting for insurance on a GT that makes the Ecoboost seem so justified... My GT costs me very little monthly, and I'm a younger dude with a brand new car. I know people with older Ecoboosts that pay MORE monthly for the same coverage

Yeah really anyone who says they got an eco because of insurance rates either has a shitty record or is finding excuses too justify being a cheap ass

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah really anyone who says they got an eco because of insurance rates either has a shitty record or is finding excuses too justify being a cheap ass
Or the insurance is actually higher for them based on the wide variety of factors that insurance brings in and it moves the Mustang out of their "care to afford" range. I can afford my car as it is, but if my fuel economy was even worse (it probably would be about 5mpg lower) and my insurance was even higher, I wouldn't be driving a Mustang. Just did a quote on Progressive and a GT with everything the same as my current car would be about $175 more expensive for 6 months (a lot better than I thought tbh) but that probably would have been at least $250 higher until I turned 25 last year.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I think you are fudging some numbers...
You're correct. I was fudging. It might be a little higher. This is a base 5.0 auto from LMR's website. I would expect the manual to be maybe a tick higher. I plan to get a baseline here in a couple weeks when I get my H-pipe installed. I'll be sure to post those results too.

full.png

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Based on this, I'd say the new HIPO Ecoboost is going to have similar torque as a GT, and weigh about 160 lbs less.
So using that as a performance metric, it should compete well against the Camaro (turbo) and last years Ecoboost.... which are its intended competitors.

I know everyone wants to compare it to a GT on price/performance etc. But if everyone wanted a GT, then there would only be one engine choice.
Sponsored