Sponsored

2020 EcoBoost High Performance Package, 330 HP / 350 LB-FT, 0-60 mid 4's [Updated With Video]

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Based on this, I'd say the new HIPO Ecoboost is going to have similar torque as a GT, and weigh about 160 lbs less.
The chart you're using to develop that thought is giving HP/torque at the wheels, as opposed to the performance numbers for the new engine being at the crank.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
What is this part throttle racing I keep reading about?
Well.........There was a thread. A while back. And an EB owner that will remain nameless. Tried to come up with a scenario. Where a 4 banger would match the GT. He came up with part throttle response. That thread went down in history. And the part throttle racing has since taken on a life of its own.

Spoolie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 ecoboost
Well.........There was a thread. A while back. And an EB owner that will remain nameless. Tried to come up with a scenario. Where a 4 banger would match the GT. That thread went down in history. And the part throttle racing as taken on a life of its own.
So it's a running joke?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
The chart you're using to develop that thought is giving HP/torque at the wheels, as opposed to the performance numbers for the new engine being at the crank.
you can get 350 ft/lb of tq at the wheels on an ecoboost using just an off the shelf cobb tune and drop in air filter. this is just the normal eco, not the new one. i'd assume in torque alone, the new one with just a tune shouldn't be too far off from a stock GT. HP will still be much lower obviously

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Insurance costs depends on too many factors beyond just car. I pay about $150/month for my V6 and I finally hit 25 (was about $200 before) but I also live in South Florida which makes it terrible.
Agreed, I often see insurance cost comparisons without the amount of coverage, location, miles driven, etc, listed. I pay $419.75/6 months for the 2015 EB, 6,000 miles driven/year (I mostly work out of home nowadays, so probably even less), max coverage available for AZ ($1 mil/$1 mil bodily injury, $500,000 property damage, also max for uninsured motorists coverage). I chose the max not because EBs cost that much but there are expensive cars are common in the area. I imagine minimal coverage for a Mustang GT will be cheaper but that won't be an apples to apples comparison.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ether way 4.5 sec 0-60 in a HiPO is faster than my 2017 GT not to mention the car is lighter will have better gas millage and based on that will have better time on my local track which is slow short track than the GT. For a reasonable price. Overall I think Ford will move tons of this cars.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Edit: originally responded to that idiot's post, but after reading on and seeing how you guys made quite a fool of him, I'm satisfied enough to let that die. Thanks everyone for making this even more hilarious!

Last edited:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ether way 4.5 sec 0-60 in a HiPO is faster than my 2017 GT
You can thank the 10 speed auto for that. Don't worry, if you come across a manual HPO, you won't have anything to be concerned about

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You can thank the 10 speed auto for that. Don't worry, if you come across a manual HPO, you won't have anything to be concerned about
Yeah but it make a compelling case for a trade in you know to bad my color is so rare and I'm not trading it easy.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Exactly. No EB or GT owners feelings we’re hurt in the making of that thread.:fingerscrossed:
I find that comment to be very hurtful. Consider yourself disinvited to the cry-in at my safe space. :crying:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The 2.3 HPO will be more agile and quicker than the GT, the GT will be faster..!

:flag:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ether way 4.5 sec 0-60 in a HiPO is faster than my 2017 GT not to mention the car is lighter will have better gas millage and based on that will have better time on my local track which is slow short track than the GT. For a reasonable price. Overall I think Ford will move tons of this cars.
Your current GT probably has the extremely well know shorting out issue. There seams to be a short between the drivers seat and the car. In a lot these high powered GTs.:idea::giggle:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Your current GT probably has the extremely well know shorting out issue. There seams to be a short between the drivers seat and the car. In a lot these high powered GTs.:idea::giggle:
I have witnessed this phenonium myself
Sponsored