Sponsored

2020 EcoBoost High Performance Package, 330 HP / 350 LB-FT, 0-60 mid 4's [Updated With Video]

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone seems to have missed the Ecoboost handling package. Not this guy. 3.55 Torsen, Magneride and a 24 mm (GT350R) rear bar as standard? Honestly this engine with that handling pack will be tearing it up for autocross. I'd expect it to class higher. Rear bar is plenty stiff, allowing for a stiffer front right away. It'll be quick. They had to do something given the Camaro 2.0 and V6 1LE packages.

Too bad it'll still sound like bzzzzzzz.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What can you do with the standard EB engine to get those power numbers? Isn't it relatively cheap and easy?
Peaks, yes, but the larger turbo will allow for it to not fall on its face after 5500 rpm so badly. That was a big detractor to me for fun factor. Also warranty. Will have to wait and see what the curves look like.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Peaks, yes, but the larger turbo will allow for it to not fall on its face after 5500 rpm so badly. That was a big detractor to me for fun factor. Also warranty. Will have to wait and see what the curves look like.
EBs fall flat after 5500RPM??

Damn it. I didn't know that.

I'm getting ready to trade my car in on an EB PP 10SPD.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Yes, they do. Did you drive one? The A10 minimizes that, and far more noticeable with a manual or in manual mode for the auto. Maybe hold off till this package is available? Or plan for a big turbo swap lol.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Sad thing is you are not the only one. I will need to seriously consider it but I'm not sure this will even be available in Europe. And even if it's the earliest I will be able to get a hold of one will be in 2021 as my country is bottom of any order list :(

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
So many head scratchers here...why not the ST name, why the retro looks for a car marketed to younger people that won't want them, why 20 less hp than Focus RS, and lastly, at only 20 hp more, how many EB PP owners are actually going to want to spend the money to upgrade to this car?

I guess this also confirms the 2020s aren't getting the refresh that was spied, I suppose that'll arrive next year.
The other name part is why not High Output to match what they've already used in Ford Performance for the Raptor? Could be that this isn't really high output, but still confusing to throw yet another name in.

Looks like it has the pp2 wheels wonder what else it borrows from it. With it being lighter than a GT it might make for a pretty nice track car.

It would be tempting if it sounded good at all and wasn’t way more expensive than a base gt as it probably will be.
Looks like the same rear spoiler, wheels are not exactly same though. Base for this one is 9", Handling Package (which is what probably gets the wheels) is 9.5" with 265 width tires. I'm guessing pricing for the base here would be right under a GT. Maybe exhaust is in line with the newer Ford Performance Extreme catback for the Eco? Just spitballing there, but it'd make a nice upgrade and they've already done the work there.

Whut? First time I've heard the regular Eco PP was 24 (34-10) MPH faster than a base.
I don't think it is *actually* faster, just better tires which allow for higher governed speed limit from the factory.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
and on another topic this wheels are the PP2 wheels but they are 9" and 9.5" in the back which mean they will fit PP GT's. I want them.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yes, they do. Did you drive one? The A10 minimizes that, and far more noticeable with a manual or in manual mode for the auto. Maybe hold off till this package is available? Or plan for a big turbo swap lol.
This is just a stop-gap measure while I have foot surgery. Due to driving in D.C., I just can't do a clutch anymore, it's too painful.

I'll buy the E.B., drive it this summer so I can play tennis in the evenings, have surgery in late fall/early winter, then look at another car in the spring after everything heels. I've put this off for a few decades now, it's time to do it.

And to think, yesterday I test-drove a Corvette, and was about to buy it.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting, and the handling package certainly is intriguing. Curious why they didn't throw the GT PP brembos on it though... with how abysmal those 4 pot brakes are on track, you'd think they would at least throw that piece of the parts bin at it. Although, I suppose it's probably not as much of an issue in a lighter car for Autocross

and on another topic this wheels are the PP2 wheels but they are 9" and 9.5" in the back which mean they will fit PP GT's. I want them.
They are 9.5" all the way around, not staggered. Also, PP2 wheels fit GTs as well, so you can still get those

Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Everyone seems to have missed the Ecoboost handling package. Not this guy. 3.55 Torsen, Magneride and a 24 mm (GT350R) rear bar as standard? Honestly this engine with that handling pack will be tearing it up for autocross. I'd expect it to class higher. Rear bar is plenty stiff, allowing for a stiffer front right away. It'll be quick. They had to do something given the Camaro 2.0 and V6 1LE packages.

Too bad it'll still sound like bzzzzzzz.
I'm disappointed they didn't even give it the GT PP Brembos...

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They are 9.5" all the way around, not staggered. Also, PP2 wheels fit GTs as well, so you can still get those
I'm trying to stay away from Camber plates as still want to DD the car.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase