Sponsored

2020 EcoBoost High Performance Package, 330 HP / 350 LB-FT, 0-60 mid 4's [Updated With Video]

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
So based on badging they will be numbered. I wonder why they are numbering these but not PP2 cars. It kind of feels like while the GT got the PP2 and BULLITT, for the 2.3 they decided to just merge both into one trim level.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So what rear sway bar does it really have because the article is contradicting itself - in one paragraph it’s stating the rear sway bar is from the GT @ 21.7mm, and further down in another paragraph it states the rear sway bar is a solid 24mm.

??

Also a lot of what is being offered is borrowed or already available parts (obviously). The 2018/19 Ford Performance EB tune now bumps the 2018/19 HP close to 35hp, pretty much putting it at the 2020 level with similar torque curve (reference below chart):
upload_2019-4-15_9-25-42.jpeg

So the question regarding HP is, does the 2020 EB PP PCM have its own calibration or is the PCM being piggybacked with the Ford Performance Tune? Meaning, if that 2020 PCM is coming standard with power for stated 330hp, can that PCM be tuned again with a Ford Performance tune (or aftermarket), or is everything on the table?

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
I think the it will succeed or fail based on price. If it is priced higher then a base Mustang GT, why bother? All the standard features are cool, but I would rather have the GT if this is more expensive.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So what rear sway bar does it really have because the article is contradicting itself - in one paragraph it’s stating the rear sway bar is from the GT @ 21.7mm, and further down in another paragraph it states the rear sway bar is a solid 24mm.

??

Also a lot of what is being offered is borrowed or already available parts (obviously). The 2018/19 Ford Performance EB tune now bumps the 2018/19 HP close to 35hp, pretty much putting it at the 2020 level with similar torque curve (reference below chart):

So the question regarding HP is, does the 2020 EB PP PCM have its own calibration or is the PCM being piggybacked with the Ford Performance Tune? Meaning, if that 2020 PCM is coming standard with power for stated 330hp, can that PCM be tuned again with a Ford Performance tune (or aftermarket), or is everything on the table?
The handling package is additional on top of the high performance engine package.

The 2020 package will have the same pcm but a different calibration for the larger turbocharger.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
and on another topic this wheels are the PP2 wheels but they are 9" and 9.5" in the back which mean they will fit PP GT's. I want them.
SVE SP2s are cheaper and lighter, just check those out.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
This thing is gonna be sick. I think I read if not here then in car and driver this morning, it is going to have an upgraded intercooler. To me that is the potential biggest news out of all of this. It would make sense with the added power and larger turbo, more cooling would be needed.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
How do I get this tune? Where do I buy it?

The dealership? On-line?

Sponsored

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
I'm wondering how Ford is shaving around a half second off the 0-60 time with just a 20hp increase? I know tuning the entire power curve means more than just peak hp/tq numbers, but I'm skeptical of the performance gains on only marginal power increases.

Will be a fun car, regardless.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Looks like it has the pp2 wheels wonder what else it borrows from it. With it being lighter than a GT it might make for a pretty nice track car.

It would be tempting if it sounded good at all and wasn’t way more expensive than a base gt as it probably will be.
PP2 Style wheels. Much smaller.

Last edited:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Based on how it reads, and other news sites it sounds like the engine may have more tweaks than just a tune, they talk about the Focus RS, so it may be they have intake/cams/head/turbo changes as well, which may mea teh 330 is a bit under rated, or just a taste of what the engine is capable of. Remember they didnt mention it in the SHO Performance Pack, but it had fully forged internals like the Police Package. Who knows what it's hiding in it untill its torn down.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
So many head scratchers here...why not the ST name, why the retro looks for a car marketed to younger people that won't want them, why 20 less hp than Focus RS, and lastly, at only 20 hp more, how many EB PP owners are actually going to want to spend the money to upgrade to this car?
The running gear is pretty solid, but the styling / naming convention is baffling. Heck, re-use the SVO name if you want to do a little call back to a performance 4 cylinder (an SVO badge would look slick on the back).

I don't get the finishing elements at all, the engineer team did its job, then some severe misunderstanding between marketing and exterior design and their target demographic.
Sponsored