Sponsored

2020 EcoBoost High Performance Package, 330 HP / 350 LB-FT, 0-60 mid 4's [Updated With Video]

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Ford almost got it right. Will still be a nice pony. :wink:
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
The other name part is why not High Output to match what they've already used in Ford Performance for the Raptor? Could be that this isn't really high output, but still confusing to throw yet another name in.
The Raptor is High Output, because it is not quicker than the regular 3,.5 EB in the F150, just higher output. Mustang can say High Performance because it actually is quicker and offers more performance than the standard 2.3EB in the Mustang.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I'm wondering how Ford is shaving around a half second off the 0-60 time with just a 20hp increase? I know tuning the entire power curve means more than just peak hp/tq numbers, but I'm skeptical of the performance gains on only marginal power increases.

Will be a fun car, regardless.
That 50% peak power increase along the curve is huge. With all they are doing it's very believable.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So many head scratchers here...why not the ST name, why the retro looks for a car marketed to younger people that won't want them, why 20 less hp than Focus RS, and lastly, at only 20 hp more, how many EB PP owners are actually going to want to spend the money to upgrade to this car?

I guess this also confirms the 2020s aren't getting the refresh that was spied, I suppose that'll arrive next year.
This is one of those cases where the peak numbers don't tell the real story. With a turbo and intercooler upgrade out of the box, the performance will be a significant upgrade. For anyone who wants an autocross weapon, this with the Handling Package will be a very strong contender.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I love the look of this car. I'm in my 50s, so they probably did get the marketing wrong, lol. Having said that, I think they should have upgraded all ecoboosts to this engine for 2020. Then maybe an even higher output version for this package, or else just offer the suspension upgrades as an option.

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
If is mid 4 it's faster as the GT is 4.7 to 60 though the GT has higher top speed. Overall that's a big hit to guys like me that just bought 17 GT's.

Motor trend on more than one occasion has gotten 4.4 sec out of 15 - 17 GT’s.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Overall, a lot of hoopla over nothing and a fairly forgettable announcement. It all depends on the price of the “high performance” package. If the package has around a $5,000 price tag, then it’s an utter disappointment.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Basic bolt-ons and a good tune will put an older EB at about the same performance level as the new one. If the drop-off at 5000 is an issue, just a tune fixes that.

If my motor goes ecoboom, it's good to know I'll soon have a better option to replace it.

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
So many head scratchers here...why not the ST name, why the retro looks for a car marketed to younger people that won't want them, why 20 less hp than Focus RS, and lastly, at only 20 hp more, how many EB PP owners are actually going to want to spend the money to upgrade to this car?

I guess this also confirms the 2020s aren't getting the refresh that was spied, I suppose that'll arrive next year.

I’m completely agreed with you and the st mustang would be a great name plate

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Sad thing is you are not the only one. I will need to seriously consider it but I'm not sure this will even be available in Europe. And even if it's the earliest I will be able to get a hold of one will be in 2021 as my country is bottom of any order list :(
The only Ecoboost engined car that doesn’t fall flat on its face is the 1.6 in the fiesta st. That’s a great engine and pulls Nice too redline, the focus st not so much lmfao

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a huge fan of the "High Performance 2.3 Badge" in this day in age 330hp is not "high" in performance. I understand it's some grunt for a factory turbo 4 cylinder, but I would not flex that badge knowing a stock 335i sedan would gap me...

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase