2019 vs 2020

stantonabc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stanton
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2020
You have it backwards. Job 2, 2020s have the shark fin. Also they lose the back pocket in the passenger seat.
I have a 2020 Mustang with a pancake antenna. I can't believe the title is wrong. The car has a manufacture date of December 5, 2019.
Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I have a 2020 Mustang with a pancake antenna. I can't believe the title is wrong. The car has a manufacture date of December 5, 2019.
Early 2020 most likely had the pancake and later in the year switched to the shark fin.

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
yea, job 1 2020s have the pancake (that’s what I have as well) and the passenger seat back pocket. Job 2, which started late January or early February, went to shark fin and no seat back pocket.

Thus I have come to the conclusion that the 2020 Job 1 Mustangs are the best Mustangs in the S550 series. We have the double horn, the pancake antenna, the passenger seat back pocket, plus the modem (which I know for some is a minus).:cwl:

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
OMG...you truly have a one off!! It’ll be worth.....less in 5yrs anyway! But great story ! lol...just kidding!!

Sponsored

P8K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Thus I have come to the conclusion that the 2020 Job 1 Mustangs are the best Mustangs in the S550 series. We have the double horn, the pancake antenna, the passenger seat back pocket, plus the modem (which I know for some is a minus).:cwl:
hear! hear!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the shark fin came with extra communication capability - so what functionality is missing with the blob + modem combination ?

WD :like:

stantonabc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stanton
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2020
yea, job 1 2020s have the pancake (that’s what I have as well) and the passenger seat back pocket. Job 2, which started late January or early February, went to shark fin and no seat back pocket.

Thanks for the confirmation. I do have the passenger and driver seat back pocket. I went down to my garage this morning and double checked everything. I appreciate sharing the information with me.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
2020's cost more...

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
I thought the shark fin came with extra communication capability - so what functionality is missing with the blob + modem combination ?

There was a diagram posted somewhere if I find it again I’ll post it, but the cellular antenna was located within the body (I believe on the driver rear quarter panel) of the vehicle for the pancake antenna. The shark antenna has the cellular antenna built in, not sure why the change, except that I’m sure it gets better reception.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The 2020 Bullitt has pancake style.
As noted, only early ones. But ALL 2019s have the 'pancake' antenna. It looks less bad than the 'shark fin' IMO, but it wouldn't be a big deal at all if my car had the shark fin one.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I really didn’t like the look of the shark fin when the first photos came out - it really seemed to stand out.

In reality it doesn’t look as bad as I expected, in fact I’ve never really noticed it as in it looking out of place. I dunno, maybe we’re so familiar with them on other cars ? Maybe the black accent roof with the black fin helps to take your eye off it ?

I do prefer the blob though :like:

Anyhow, we should count our blessings, a women at work has an early 20 fiesta ST and what Ford put on the roof left me speechless ... It’s a huge shark fin mated to a traditional antenna and it’s big, now that really does look out of place on a fiesta :puke:

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I’m curious if ford didn’t pull stock from other plants on the shark fin at some point. My car was produced 03/2020, and while not a bullitt, has the wrong color fin. My car is rapid red, my fin is ruby red. It’s my understanding that since no shark fins were on Mustangs in 19 it’s improbable to have a mismatched fin, but here it is.
5B03919E-3CEA-4BDC-B6C8-0F4C61D787DB.jpeg

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I replaced my single horn with the train horn!! 89 Caddy Train Horn! I now have 5 horns!!!
Sponsored