Sponsored

Weight of Stock 2019-2020 Bullitt Rims?

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
Does anyone know or have a way to find out the weight of the stock black 2019 Bullitt rim without the tire? For example, is there a dedicated shop manual for our cars or woudl we just look up Bullitt-specific information in a shop manual for a 2019 Mustang GT 5.0? Thanks for any ideas or leads you may have.
Sponsored

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
Get the weight of Michelin PS 4 from Tire Rack (within +/- 0.1#) , weigh your mounted wheel assembly and subtract the weight of the tire. Off by a little, because the TPMS sensor and balancing weights are included but it's only a couple of ounces.

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great idea alleron, thank you!

Ken F. Williams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT # K0750 / Harley Davidson V-Rod / Lincoln MKX
Does anyone know or have a way to find out the weight of the stock black 2019 Bullitt rim without the tire? For example, is there a dedicated shop manual for our cars or woudl we just look up Bullitt-specific information in a shop manual for a 2019 Mustang GT 5.0? Thanks for any ideas or leads you may have.
No Idea sorry.
I'm planning to have my BULLITT wheels widened as the stock tires are no able to laydown the 480 Horses without spinning.
Anyone know how wide they can be made???

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Idea sorry.
I'm planning to have my BULLITT wheels widened as the stock tires are no able to laydown the 480 Horses without spinning.
No problem! I was wondering the same thing actually. As a rough guide, I would guess that the Bullitt could accomodate the same rims and rim widths as the stock wheels on the Mustang GT with the Performance Package Level 2. That package has 19 x 10.5 front and 19 x 11 inch rear rims with 305/30/19 tires at all four corners.

Anyone see a problem with my reasoning?

Also, the Steeda McQueen Bullitt Mustang upgrade comes with rims measuring 20 x 10 front and 20 x 11 rear with 275/35/20 and 315/35/20 rear tires so it looks like there is room for expansion.

/Rich

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Just need to consider the offset/backspacing for those other wheels compared to the Bullitt.

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just need to consider the offset/backspacing for those other wheels compared to the Bullitt.
Thanks Stangnut. So from your post can I assume that the brake, hub, bolt pattern, offset etc are different for the Bullitt compared to the same hardware on the Mustang GT Performance Package Level 2?

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I would think only the offset might be a little different. It depends on if the wheel/tire sticks out more on the PP2. Everything else you mentioned should be the same.

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would think only the offset might be a little different. It depends on if the wheel/tire sticks out more on the PP2. Everything else you mentioned should be the same.
Thanks and yes, the PP2 cars definitely look like the wheels and tires stick out more, which is unsurprising.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Just by looking at them probably 38 bajillion ounces.

No Idea sorry.

Width isn't going to help. You need to stabilize your rear subframe for starters. BMR Cradle Lockout kit Level 2 or Steeda Subframe Braces. Do NOT get upgraded vertical links.

Sponsored

19S550PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 301a PP2
Just by looking at them probably 38 bajillion ounces.

Width isn't going to help. You need to stabilize your rear subframe for starters. BMR Cradle Lockout kit Level 2 or Steeda Subframe Braces. Do NOT get upgraded vertical links.
Okay, I'll bite. Why so adamant about skipping vertical links?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Okay, I'll bite. Why so adamant about skipping vertical links?
Because they're not necessary. Look at videos of what is all moving when wheel hop happens. You need to start with stabilizing the foundation. The foundation is the subframe cradle. It's like putting a stable building on a wobbly foundation. No matter how stable the frame is, if the foundation fails to stay true, the rest of the system is going to collapse. If you need applicable examples, the GT4 race car uses factory stamped vertical arms and I believe the Cobra Jet does as well. Or just call Steeda or BMR themselves and ask if there was one subframe mod you could do, what would it be? I've talked to both of them before and both have said subframe bracing.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Great idea alleron, thank you!
Were you ever able to get a number? The ford and ford performance still do not list the mass of these items.

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Were you ever able to get a number? The ford and ford performance still do not list the mass of these items.
No, unfortunately not.