chefwally32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
walter
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Vehicle Showcase
I live in the boise valley are in Idaho and just took delivery of my 2019 pp2 car (which I love). Rainy season is around the corner and we can still cruise the rides here until mid October when the first freeze rolls in, then off to winter storage until march first. With that said owning a pp2 car is great but these c2 cup tires DO NOT WORK IN ANY TYPE OF WATER OR RAIN! So any recommendations for a wet weather tire that will work on my 11" and 1o and a half inch wheels? 305/30/z19 I believe they are and the same size at all four corners even though front wheels are a half inch narrower than the rear
Sponsored

OP
OP
chefwally32

chefwally32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
walter
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Vehicle Showcase
to add to the above question about a "rainy"weather tire for the pp2 car, my buddy just lashed out at me and said let the dealer give you those specs well pretty hard to take someones word about tires on your car when this is the first pp2 car that anyone at these dealers up here have ever seen the service guy thought the front splitter , wheels and tires were aftermarket when I first drove in. he had to go ask the head service guy if that was really from the factory, so I don't believe they are the ones to ask! lol

TommyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/Performance pack, 2017 Challenger Mopar eddition, & 1985 Mustang SVO
Vehicle Showcase
Okay while we don't see much rain in Southern California I have seen some wet roads and here's my input. Nitto Invo, I've used these on a few cars. First time on my Z06 as a daily driver. Worked great in the rain. They are offered in a 305/30/19 size.

Currently using General G-MAX RS on my daily Mustang PP1. General claims the tread design helps improve wet grip. Limited miles driven on these and we haven't seen any rain here yet. Seem to offer good dry grip. I'm using sizes 295/30/19 front and 305/30/19 rear

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The Michelin MP4S is hands down the best tire I've ever driven on in the rain. Its still a Max Performance Summer tire, so not well suited to surviving cold temps below 30 (IMHO they grip ok in cold dry conditions, but they can crack with hard temperature swings), and definitely not a snow/ice tire, but DAMN its good in wet.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Michelin PS4S if you still want a summer tire, bar none.
Pirelli P-Zero All-Season Plus, Conti DWS06, Michelin PS A/S3+ if you want an all-season.

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I'm running Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position summer tires in 305/30/19 on all corners. Good handling tire wet or dry. Considerably cheaper than the MPS4's, but definitely not the same overall characteristics of the MPS4's. If you want the best, get the Michelins, but you are looking at about $1,600. If you want plenty of tire for the street, the Bridgestones can be had for about $1,200.

full.jpg

OP
OP
chefwally32

chefwally32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
walter
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Vehicle Showcase
thankyou guys and thankyou silver bullitt I see you also have a pp2 car! tires look good

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Manual V6 Mustang Coupe
thankyou guys and thankyou silver bullitt I see you also have a pp2 car! tires look good
A couple other members of the forum have also had good luck with the Bridgestones an have recommended them. Another tire to consider is the Continental ExtremeContact Sport. They are offered in 305/30-19. As with the Bridgestones, the Michelins (MPS4S) are probably better overall than the Continentals, but the Continentals are less expensive, giving a great value. And they performed well in a recent Tire Rack direct comparison test against the Michelins and Pirellis (https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...YR9ECSXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes). They even scored higher than the Michelins in the wet. I haven't tried those Continentals yet myself. This is just info from my research for replacements for the MPSC2s, if I ever pull the trigger on getting a PPL2. I have had good luck with other Continentals, though.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I think if you can actually store your car over the winter, a decent rain tire is probably all you need. If you're going to be driving the car year round, you've got some work ahead of you... There aren't any (as far as I can tell) true all-season tires in 305/30-19, and I've been looking. I have to drive my car every day, and even though it's damn hot and mostly dry here in TX, we just finished a week of rain and at least a quarter of the year will have low temps in the 40's or below. Several of the last winters have had a week or more with lows in the teens and highs in the 30's, so true summer-only tires aren't an option for me. I have run Dunlop and Yokohama summer tires year round in the past, and I always felt like I was rolling the dice on those really cold days. Not so much from a handling perspective, but being able to stop hard in a traffic situation.

There are some true all-season tires up to 285/35, but TireRack doesn't show any AS-rated tires above that size.

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
I think if you can actually store your car over the winter, a decent rain tire is probably all you need. If you're going to be driving the car year round, you've got some work ahead of you... There aren't any (as far as I can tell) true all-season tires in 305/30-19, and I've been looking. I have to drive my car every day, and even though it's damn hot and mostly dry here in TX, we just finished a week of rain and at least a quarter of the year will have low temps in the 40's or below. Several of the last winters have had a week or more with lows in the teens and highs in the 30's, so true summer-only tires aren't an option for me. I have run Dunlop and Yokohama summer tires year round in the past, and I always felt like I was rolling the dice on those really cold days. Not so much from a handling perspective, but being able to stop hard in a traffic situation.

There are some true all-season tires up to 285/35, but TireRack doesn't show any AS-rated tires above that size.
If you widen your search to 295/30-19 (which will fit fine on the PPL2 wheels), you can get "Performance Winter/Snow Tires" from both Dunlop and Pirelli. But, as far as a single "all-season" tire: I haven't seen one yet.

Sponsored

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
i went with the michelin 4S all around when i swapped out my SC2s. daily driving duties, these tires are perfect. i've driven through torrential downpoars and flooding with them and zero slippage. seriously impressed with them.

i went with 305/30 up front with 325/30 out back.
41287276140_8d2d2236ee_k.jpg

42193841935_9737f33902_k.jpg

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
If you widen your search to 295/30-19 (which will fit fine on the PPL2 wheels), you can get "Performance Winter/Snow Tires" from both Dunlop and Pirelli. But, as far as a single "all-season" tire: I haven't seen one yet.
Toyo Proxes 4 Plus is an all season performance tire that comes in 295/30/19. That's the closest sized all season that I have found to the stock 305/30/19 PP2 size. I actually have these on my daughter's Camaro in a staggered 245/275 setup, and I would give them a pretty strong overall rating. If I was going to run an all season on my PP2, this would be it.

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
Toyo Proxes 4 Plus is an all season performance tire that comes in 295/30/19. That's the closest sized all season that I have found to the stock 305/30/19 PP2 size. I actually have these on my daughter's Camaro in a staggered 245/275 setup, and I would give them a pretty strong overall rating. If I was going to run an all season on my PP2, this would be it.
Huh. I based my input on a search performed on TireRack.com. I figured: If it's available, Tire Rack will have it. Wrong-O. Thanks for the info.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Huh. I based my input on a search performed on TireRack.com. I figured: If it's available, Tire Rack will have it. Wrong-O. Thanks for the info.
That was kind of my thinking, too. TR's not the only game in town, but at least odds are good if they have something, they can get it to you pretty quickly. I'll see if these Toyos are any easier to come by in real life than anything else in that size.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
That was kind of my thinking, too. TR's not the only game in town, but at least odds are good if they have something, they can get it to you pretty quickly. I'll see if these Toyos are any easier to come by in real life than anything else in that size.
You can order them through Wal-Mart.com.
Sponsored