andrewzander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Greetings!

I have a black 2019 base GT (300a) and am considering upgrading the wheels/tires to the matte black Ford Performance wheels (M-1007K-M19XB), but wanted to get some feedback first.

1. Should I go with the Nitto NT555 G2 tire mounted by CJ Pony Parts for an easier solution or should I just get the wheels and have my local Costco put on some Michelin Pilot Sports (4s or A/S 3 – I drive the car year round)?

2. Will there be a noticeable difference in traction/handling with the wider wheels/tires?

3. Will the speedometer maintain accuracy? / Will any modifications be required to ensure speedometer accuracy?

4. Is there a weight difference between the factory 18x8 wheel and the Ford Performance 19” wheels?

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I have the a/s 3’s but in a square set up for 4 wheel tire rotations vs just side to side rotations. I can drive all year long. I don’t track my car so no regrets with my set up.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Partially related question for you GT owners. I'm not sure what the base brake package is, but with the 4 piston front caliper and the 14" discs, can you run 18" wheels?

OP
OP
andrewzander

andrewzander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
aftermarekt wheels
Partially related question for you GT owners. I'm not sure what the base brake package is, but with the 4 piston front caliper and the 14" discs, can you run 18" wheels?
yes, all day long. Want some nifty Motegi silver wheels?

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
aftermarekt wheels

yes, all day long. Want some nifty Motegi silver wheels?
I just might. I don't suppose they're 11" wide?

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Greetings!

I have a black 2019 base GT (300a) and am considering upgrading the wheels/tires to the matte black Ford Performance wheels (M-1007K-M19XB), but wanted to get some feedback first.

1. Should I go with the Nitto NT555 G2 tire mounted by CJ Pony Parts for an easier solution or should I just get the wheels and have my local Costco put on some Michelin Pilot Sports (4s or A/S 3 – I drive the car year round)?

2. Will there be a noticeable difference in traction/handling with the wider wheels/tires?

3. Will the speedometer maintain accuracy? / Will any modifications be required to ensure speedometer accuracy?

4. Is there a weight difference between the factory 18x8 wheel and the Ford Performance 19” wheels?

Thanks for the help!
I. Got sve357 wheels 19x10 front 19x11 rear with 275 nitto nto5 front and 305 rear. I had the 19. Base gt. I also put half inch drop springs and sway bars. The car handles like a go-kart. The only downside is I'm in the Neast so when the. Weather gets cold I'll have to go back to stock

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
Greetings!

Thanks for the help!
The wider tires are definitely going to make a difference in traction and handling but probably not as much as the change to a stickier compound. I personally run NT05's like GeorgeC and enjoy the extreme traction these tires permit. The downside is the stickier you go, the faster the tires will wear. G2's are a good all-around performance tire that will wear away at a much slower rate and offer superior rain traction.

tires-2
Sponsored