Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Order went in today. Kona Blue GT Premium / 6 speed / Prem+ / PP1 / MagnaRide / Active Exhaust / B&O / Safe & Smart / Nickel wheels / no spoiler.

I won't complain if it takes 20 weeks to build and deliver, as getting it at the start of April would work out just fine. Who wants to be breaking in a new car with summer tires if there's snow around?
Sponsored

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
Order went in today. Kona Blue GT Premium / 6 speed / PP1 / MagnaRide / Active Exhaust / B&O / Safe & Smart / Nickel wheels / no spoiler.

I won't complain if it takes 20 weeks to build and deliver, as getting it at the start of April would work out just fine. Who wants to be breaking in a new car with summer tires if there's snow around?
Honestly it wouldn't be bad to break it in when it is cold, you won't be as tempted to go full throttle up to redline. Really there isn't much "breaking in" needed for these newer motors, it isn't like the days of solid lifter cams where you'll wear out a cam in 5 minutes of starting it if you don't break it in. Just drive it easy for the first 500-1000 miles and it'll be fine.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Honestly it wouldn't be bad to break it in when it is cold, you won't be as tempted to go full throttle up to redline. Really there isn't much "breaking in" needed for these newer motors, it isn't like the days of solid lifter cams where you'll wear out a cam in 5 minutes of starting it if you don't break it in. Just drive it easy for the first 500-1000 miles and it'll be fine.
More "Break in" as in me getting used to it, rather than the other way around. Living in MA, we get snow and well-below-freezing temperatures through March, and I don't have a lot of desire to run it through salty slush, regardless of how the tires feel about it (and they won't like it).

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Think I might give up on waiting for Mageneride and get this instead: http://windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FA6P8CF2K5124240

I drove this and also drove what I thought I wanted which was Magenride. It was a 2018 from another dealer. It is nice but not really worth it for my particular needs. If I was going to road course it it would be a no brainer. The ride quality of the non PP1/MR is just as good for daily driving and crappy road conditions.

So if all goes well I might be in the car soon. Was really surprised at how nice the CS package looks in the wheels and the interior.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
So if all goes well I might be in the car soon. Was really surprised at how nice the CS package looks in the wheels and the interior.
One of the reasons I got a GT/CS over my preferred color. I just liked the interior too much, seemed more refined from a regular 401A with the miko-suede and red stitching accents. for a non PP1, the strut tower brace is also thrown in and does improve handling a bit in the front over stock GT.

the GT/CS may have the PP1 lower bumper which I do not care much for (more extended chin spoiler and blocked air curtain vents), however the lower grill insert is the best vs stock GT, since it is gloss just like the top front and especially I have ACC system so the grill patterning on lower grill also matches top grill. The GT/CS does retain the Active Shutter system vs the PP1, probably only makes a pip squeak in MPG though.

I added the spare tire via online instead for $200 less than if added by factory.

Sponsored

Brettski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A 6MT PP2 RR Active Exhaust
I ordered my gt pp2 September 22 and haven't heard anything. Dealer just told me it's in the process but no vin in sight
I ordered my GTP PP2 with active exhaust on September 7. The dealer JUST emailed me my VIN. Checking the new tracking site says EDD February 19. Just....Dang!

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
Order went in today. Kona Blue GT Premium / 6 speed / Prem+ / PP1 / MagnaRide / Active Exhaust / B&O / Safe & Smart / Nickel wheels / no spoiler.

I ordered the same config but in Magnetic Metallic w/ spoiler. Ordered 10/17. EDD 1/29/2019 according to the website. Went back today and asked the dealer to delete the spoiler but they said Ford had already accepted the order and I couldn’t change it without causing more delays.

Tp431

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tina
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500/2013 Boss 302/2002 Saleen SC281/1972 Mustang/2017 F350/ On Order 2019 CS/GT Vert
One of the reasons I got a GT/CS over my preferred color. I just liked the interior too much, seemed more refined from a regular 401A with the miko-suede and red stitching accents. for a non PP1, the strut tower brace is also thrown in and does improve handling a bit in the front over stock GT.

the GT/CS may have the PP1 lower bumper which I do not care much for (more extended chin spoiler and blocked air curtain vents), however the lower grill insert is the best vs stock GT, since it is gloss just like the top front and especially I have ACC system so the grill patterning on lower grill also matches top grill. The GT/CS does retain the Active Shutter system vs the PP1, probably only makes a pip squeak in MPG though.

I added the spare tire via online instead for $200 less than if added by factory.
We're looking forward to the time ours finally shows up... we had an 11 GT/CS and loved it - he traded it on a GT500, lol, go figure!
ordered 08/03/18 and it might finally show up @ the EDD date of 01/10/19...

Michelle5150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB Premium w/Pony Pkg.
I suspect the EB orders should go pretty fast considering no V8s are being made.
You weren’t kidding. “Your vehicle is In Transit or on its way to your dealership.”

E18674FB-3F4C-4BBC-B437-B366482434D7.jpeg

I’m pretty happy with the progress so far since getting the VIN just last weekend. I feel bad for those with the GT holds though, even if I may be benefiting. Think of it this way, I may be faster now, but you’ll be faster later. :D

Last edited:

michjbthemh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring edition
You weren’t kidding. “Your vehicle is In Transit or on its way to your dealership.”

E18674FB-3F4C-4BBC-B437-B366482434D7.jpeg

I’m pretty happy with the progress so far since getting the VIN just last weekend. I feel bad for those with the GT holds though, even if I may be benefiting. Think of it this way, I may be faster now, but you’ll be faster later. :D
LOL This is by far the best reply yet!! Congratulations on the speed of your order. I am happy for you even though I am still waiting for my GT! Ordered in April by the way! :-)

Last edited:

Sponsored

car_designer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Here's an update on my order.

Order placed: Sept. 17
VIN: Nov. 2
Estimated build week: Jan. 14
EDD: unknown

About a week after getting the VIN from the dealer I contacted the Ford Performance customer service to get an update and they provided the build week above. No other info was provided

I'm disappointed that being a Canadian order I can't track it using the vehicle order tracking. I'm the kind of person who check package tracking multiple times a day!

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
Looks like my car was built on Wednesday. Just need to wait on gate release and then the long wait while it travels over the pond.
Screenshot 2018-11-18 at 11.42.23.png

Edd is 5th January, but I don't see that happening. More like February.

GTFURY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, PP1, 401A, A10, Magneride
The day has finally come, I'll be picking her up tomorrow. Ordered my 2019 GT PP1 401A A10 car back on 7/23. It was built on 10/17 then sat in "awaiting shipment" for about a week, then went back to "in production" for two days. Catching up on the thread, I can only imagine that was mine getting inspected as mentioned in some earlier posts. Who knows but in any event, the status then changed to shipped on 10/25, ETA 11/4, then 11/9 and finally showing delivered as of 11/13.

I'm not sure if it's all the Metro-NY area cars but mine was shipped to Delaware by truck where it was transferred to another local shipper and sent up to my dealer. I was confused as my dealer hadn't called to let me know it was in on 11/9 but when I reached out he gave me that extra information and an ETA from the regional shipper of 48 hours to him. Looking forward to posting a pic once I have her and wishing good luck to everyone else impatiently waiting like I was.

serpent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
crash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The day has finally come, I'll be picking her up tomorrow. Ordered my 2019 GT PP1 401A A10 car back on 7/23. It was built on 10/17 then sat in "awaiting shipment" for about a week, then went back to "in production" for two days. Catching up on the thread, I can only imagine that was mine getting inspected as mentioned in some earlier posts. Who knows but in any event, the status then changed to shipped on 10/25, ETA 11/4, then 11/9 and finally showing delivered as of 11/13.

I'm not sure if it's all the Metro-NY area cars but mine was shipped to Delaware by truck where it was transferred to another local shipper and sent up to my dealer. I was confused as my dealer hadn't called to let me know it was in on 11/9 but when I reached out he gave me that extra information and an ETA from the regional shipper of 48 hours to him. Looking forward to posting a pic once I have her and wishing good luck to everyone else impatiently waiting like I was.
Guess I'm off to the dealer tomm morning. I ordered almost same car ex w/MR, B&O S&S. Same build date but mine said in production for about 12 days. Maybe it shipped the 28th or 30th. This morning VIN lookup said 4 days and EDD the 23rd tonite says 6 days and the 25th. It's only 900 mi to Long Island? I'm sure the dealer will have no info and say they need to speak to zone rep and never call me back. Not that a few more days are gonna kill me but enuf is enuf I wish I could pick car up from a different dealer, mine sucks!

serpent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
crash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well I was too lazy to go to dealer yesterday so started to make calls in the am. First called Ford CSR and got the typical sorries and 3x5 index card responses. After waiting on hold for 1/2 hour stupidvisor gave me same answers, thanked him for nothing and told him their CS sucks and probably was the reason last Ford I bought was 40 years ago. Next I called the dealer. Played with their phone system until I got the GM of the dealership. Let him know how I was upset that the SM and salesman never got back to me and treated this whole experience as a joke. He of course apologised profusely and went and got the daily sheet of my build. He also said Ford having big problems shipping cars bc not enough rail cars. He couldn't understand tho why it took 10 days from when it came out of production until it hit a loading ramp or why it stayed on ramp for another 10 days until it started moving. Then it gets better for the life of him he couldn't figure out why it stopped 3x along the route and CSX tracking says it was offloaded from railcar in Jessup, MD and railcar is empty yet it passed through Jessup and Baybayvie, MD a day later to be offloaded in Twin Oaks, PA still the EDD as of yesterday afternoon still showed 11/25. At the end of my call I was a lot more reassured that I would receive my car a week from now and with the hope that he would talk to his two employees and correct their shortcomings.
Now guess what??? Out of habit I check the VIN lookup site @ 12am and now it "says" car will be delivered tomorrow. I'm not gonna get my hopes up but maybe I lit a fire under some ones A and they got things sped up. Maybe you all will see a pic posted in the IS thread on Wednesday!
Sponsored