Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have not seen a single post about MY2019 engine problems but there were known "ticks" in the coyote engines for the 2018MY. I have done quite a bit of research and a lot of those motors were blowing and a lot of them didn't even have 1,000 miles on them. My order went from awaiting shipment to back into production. The wait sucks but again, I would rather have the situation rectified than receive delivery of a car that will soon need a new engine. All I can suggest is get in touch with your dealership and demand they get in contact with the regional sales director and get some answers. I would not be surprised if you get the same answer I finally did. Good luck!
Considering they MY2019 is relatively new to the marketplace I'm not surprised there aren't a lot of reports of ticking yet.

Sponsored

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Interesting. My order date 10/17 with a EDD of 1/29. Exactly 1 day before you on both dates. My order is GT, Coupe, PP1, Magneride. Oh ... ford performance chat says my build week is 1/7/2019.
Wish we could hear from more folks who took delivery the past couple of weeks to see what their original order date was.
My order date was June 22nd. The car showed up at the dealer on Oct 22nd. Exactly 4 months, this was a GT Premium PP2 with all the bells and whistles.

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
It's kinda too late for that. Dealer quoted me 8-10 weeks for delivery when I placed my order. Back in July I have no clue how many orders they had in for stock or special order. It should be that once order is placed that Ford gives a realistic EDD, not take a month to give you a VIN and tell you they have accepted your order. Then almost 2 months to give you a blend date & EDD. Now once that EDD has come and gone tell you it takes 28 days to transport car a distance I can comfortably drive in 2 days. Yes sh*t happens, but given truthfull information I would have not ordered until Jan. of 19.
When I ordered my sales guy told me 8-10 Weeks. I think it is just the packaged response they are told to feed the customer. I told him from my research I would expect double that and I would be happy if I got my car before thanksgiving. It ended up being 16 weeks for me.

michjbthemh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring edition
My order date was June 22nd. The car showed up at the dealer on Oct 22nd. Exactly 4 months, this was a GT Premium PP2 with all the bells and whistles.
You are so lucky. I ordered 2 1/2 months before you. Same thing GT Premium PP2 and everything and I still have not received mine. I wish you luck with your new Mustang. I don't expect to see my car before January. I just checked and the latest update on my car is October 4th and it says pending delivery update.

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
You are so lucky. I ordered 2 1/2 months before you. Same thing GT Premium PP2 and everything and I still have not received mine. I wish you luck with your new Mustang. I don't expect to see my car before January. I just checked and the latest update on my car is October 4th and it says pending delivery update.
Was yours put in as a retail order or a dealer stock order? Or did your dealer use up their allocation on other orders and you had to wait till Ford gave them a order spot?

Sponsored

michjbthemh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
Was yours put in as a retail order or a dealer stock order? Or did your dealer use up their allocation on other orders and you had to wait till Ford gave them a order spot?
They did put my order in as a retail order and for some reason, my order sat at the factory for 4 months. The regional director from the factory actually called my dealership in August and mentioned how my order for some reason sat and never got scheduled and they were calling to confirm that I still wanted it. They let them know I did still want it and at that point my priority code was changed from 19 to 1. I was then scheduled for an October 4th build date. My dealership did have allocation (this is something I checked). My car was built and my ETA was October 28th. I didn't find out that my car never made it on the train until October 26th. I found that out from the order tracking site. Then I contacted my dealership again and asked them to contact their regional sales manager and find out what was going on. I found out a week later that they were keeping all vehicles with the coyote engines so they can re-inspect them and repair them if necessary. I was told that they were checking the boreing for the cylinders and that is the last update I got about my car from them. I checked with the order tracking system again this afternoon and they said the last update they have is from October 4th and that is that my car is in production with a pending update ETA. Very frustrating.

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
They did put my order in as a retail order and for some reason, my order sat at the factory for 4 months. The regional director from the factory actually called my dealership in August and mentioned how my order for some reason sat and never got scheduled and they were calling to confirm that I still wanted it. They let them know I did still want it and at that point my priority code was changed from 19 to 1. I was then scheduled for an October 4th build date. My dealership did have allocation (this is something I checked). My car was built and my ETA was October 28th. I didn't find out that my car never made it on the train until October 26th. I found that out from the order tracking site. Then I contacted my dealership again and asked them to contact their regional sales manager and find out what was going on. I found out a week later that they were keeping all vehicles with the coyote engines so they can re-inspect them and repair them if necessary. I was told that they were checking the boreing for the cylinders and that is the last update I got about my car from them. I checked with the order tracking system again this afternoon and they said the last update they have is from October 4th and that is that my car is in production with a pending update ETA. Very frustrating.
That is odd. My car was built on the 4th also and I have it. I also have seen others with build dates after the 4th that have gotten their cars.

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
I saw on Blue oval forums where someones car built on Oct 4th left flat rock on Oct 31st. Sounds like ford is giving you any excuse they can other than "we are sorry we suck at our job"

michjbthemh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
That is odd. My car was built on the 4th also and I have it. I also have seen others with build dates after the 4th that have gotten their cars.
It is odd indeed. One thing that makes me extremely unhappy is I have emailed the customer relations manager in Michigan twice and he has not responded to either of my emails. I am a bit upset to say the least.

michjbthemh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
I saw on Blue oval forums where someones car built on Oct 4th left flat rock on Oct 31st. Sounds like ford is giving you any excuse they can other than "we are sorry we suck at our job"
I didn't see that post. Hmmmm..... I wonder if the color was Need For Green :-) Is there anyway you can share the link to that page with me? If it's possible, I would surely appreciate it.

Sponsored

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am

19S550PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 301a PP2
Brand new member checking in.

Ordered Sept. 28-ish to lock in employee pricing from Blackstock Ford in Orangeville, ON
301a PP2 w/ cloth Recaro, active exhaust and Nav.
$46,033 CAD including delivery and all incentives.
Realistically I would be happy to wait until March. Working towards a big down payment and a set of more streetable tires (PS4S). Will sell PSC2s as I won't be on track any time soon.
Sponsored

Last edited: