Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
upload_2018-11-9_10-17-43.png

Here is my story. Hoping the time line is right.
Interesting. My order date 10/17 with a EDD of 1/29. Exactly 1 day before you on both dates. My order is GT, Coupe, PP1, Magneride. Oh ... ford performance chat says my build week is 1/7/2019.
Wish we could hear from more folks who took delivery the past couple of weeks to see what their original order date was.
Sponsored

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch

2019withfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt pp2 on order and 1992 fox
I ordered my gt pp2 September 22 and haven't heard anything. Dealer just told me it's in the process but no vin in sight

michjbthemh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring edition
=) me too!

They should be shipping out this week from Flat Rock!
Well, my car did not ship. I was told that my car was being held because of engine issues and that mine (along with others) is going to be checked and repaired if necessary. Now I have absolutely NO idea when my car will be delivered.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Well, my car did not ship. I was told that my car was being held because of engine issues and that mine (along with others) is going to be checked and repaired if necessary. Now I have absolutely NO idea when my car will be delivered.
“Engine issues”?

Who specifically told you that?

It might be the first confirmation that Ford is acknowledging the tick.

Sponsored

Michelle5150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB Premium w/Pony Pkg.
Well, just got our VIN!

Ordered Sept 10th.
Estimated Delivery Dec 5th.

We chose to try a broker this time so we didn’t have to deal with a dealer. We were told about 90 days, so, so far things seem to be working out well.

michjbthemh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
“Engine issues”?

Who specifically told you that?

It might be the first confirmation that Ford is acknowledging the tick.
The regional sales director of my dealership told me this. They are checking the boreing for the cylinders. At least that is what I am being told. When I check on the status of my order it just says my car is in production and pending an ETA update. I also got the same information from my dealership.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Well, just got our VIN!

Ordered Sept 10th.
Estimated Delivery Dec 5th.

We chose to try a broker this time so we didn’t have to deal with a dealer. We were told about 90 days, so, so far things seem to be working out well.
I suspect the EB orders should go pretty fast considering no V8s are being made.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo

serpent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
crash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ford is playing games now. Today my car went from 5 days to receive to 12 days. I went into dealer last Tuesday since chat told me car was sitting in New Boston MI since 10/30. On 11/05 tracking said it shipped and EDD of 11/14, I figured the dealer could give me more info ie shipper & car # so I could track its movement. Dealer gave me some BS that he needed 2 days to get info. Thursday comes and no call from dealer. I leave VM w/dealer GM and still get no call back. When I ordered I was promised 8-10 week delivery now it's 16 weeks and I probably won't see car until Thanksgiving or at least 18 weeks after ordering. I think by the time it gets to dealer the temps will be so low that the car will be undrivable until next April. This has to be the worst experience I've ever had ordering a new car.

Sponsored

michjbthemh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
Ford is playing games now. Today my car went from 5 days to receive to 12 days. I went into dealer last Tuesday since chat told me car was sitting in New Boston MI since 10/30. On 11/05 tracking said it shipped and EDD of 11/14, I figured the dealer could give me more info ie shipper & car # so I could track its movement. Dealer gave me some BS that he needed 2 days to get info. Thursday comes and no call from dealer. I leave VM w/dealer GM and still get no call back. When I ordered I was promised 8-10 week delivery now it's 16 weeks and I probably won't see car until Thanksgiving or at least 18 weeks after ordering. I think by the time it gets to dealer the temps will be so low that the car will be undrivable until next April. This has to be the worst experience I've ever had ordering a new car.
What did you order? I ordered a Mustang GT Premium PP2 April 12th. My ETA was originally October 28th and now it is still showing in production. I was told from my dealership that all vehicles with the coyote V8 engine are being held, inspected, and repaired if necessary. The last update I got was last week was that my update is still pending. I don't know if this helps. It stinks but I would rather have peace of mind knowing I may not have the problem of my engine blowing at around 1,000 miles. I was told they were checking the boreing in the cylinders.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You’re in the same boat as everyone else. Given more evidence this delay is related to the known engine issues would you rather have a bad motor now or a good car later?

serpent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
crash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I ordered GT premium w/ 401a PP1 S&S AE ESP 10a MR B&O. My blend date was 10/16 and the car didn't come out of production until 10/30, when they told me it's awaiting shipping in New Boston, MI. So I've already waited probably 10 days of QC. So now it's just putting it on a frain to Newark NJ and a car transport to NY. It should not take a month to transport my car 900 miles unless CS and tracking system is all BS.
I have yet to see any posts on MY19 engine problems. Do they exist?

michjbthemh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
I ordered GT premium w/ 401a PP1 S&S AE ESP 10a MR B&O. My blend date was 10/16 and the car didn't come out of production until 10/30, when they told me it's awaiting shipping in New Boston, MI. So I've already waited probably 10 days of QC. So now it's just putting it on a frain to Newark NJ and a car transport to NY. It should not take a month to transport my car 900 miles unless CS and tracking system is all BS.
I have yet to see any posts on MY19 engine problems. Do they exist?
I have not seen a single post about MY2019 engine problems but there were known "ticks" in the coyote engines for the 2018MY. I have done quite a bit of research and a lot of those motors were blowing and a lot of them didn't even have 1,000 miles on them. My order went from awaiting shipment to back into production. The wait sucks but again, I would rather have the situation rectified than receive delivery of a car that will soon need a new engine. All I can suggest is get in touch with your dealership and demand they get in contact with the regional sales director and get some answers. I would not be surprised if you get the same answer I finally did. Good luck!

serpent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
crash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It's kinda too late for that. Dealer quoted me 8-10 weeks for delivery when I placed my order. Back in July I have no clue how many orders they had in for stock or special order. It should be that once order is placed that Ford gives a realistic EDD, not take a month to give you a VIN and tell you they have accepted your order. Then almost 2 months to give you a blend date & EDD. Now once that EDD has come and gone tell you it takes 28 days to transport car a distance I can comfortably drive in 2 days. Yes sh*t happens, but given truthfull information I would have not ordered until Jan. of 19.
Sponsored