Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The last time I had checked the tracking (a couple days ago, let's be real here, it's always every couple days...) it had me for 1/7. I get a text from the salesman yesterday. There's a change of schedule. Oh, great. That's all he says. I whip open the Ford page again and it says 1/1 delivery. WTF. Salesman then sends me this picture.

u15yj0f.jpg

Fresh off the truck.

They should have waited to fully prep the car for delivery but we decide to come down and finalize the deal. I mean, it's been 4 months. So we load up the kids in the wife's Mazda CX-5 and head down with no plans on bringing the Mazda back!

Three hours later...

2kRQNn4.jpg

Sticker was $47.6k. With dealer markup it was $50k. I offered them $30k with the Mazda. They probably had some choice swear words for me behind closed doors. We settled on $33k with about $10k for the Mazda. I thought that was decent for a custom ordered Mustang.

I have to take it back in this morning as it wasn't officially serviced for delivery (service dept was closed) and final detailing. We insisted on taking it home last night, no way was that Mazda coming home!

Ordered 8/28. Delivered 1/1.

No tick yet. :bandit:
Hey congrats! Love the color. I don't blame you for taking it home right away. I would have done the same. Hope to get some driving impressions etc from you.

I can't believe they tried to mark it up on you. I hope you did a Rocket Raccoon laugh in their face. Did you get any rebates and/or private cash? I won't be trading in so I have already worked out my deal. I will just need to go, get the paper work filled out and hand them a check....then cya! They have actually been very good to work with.

What do you mean, no tick, wasn't that on the Window Sticker?
Sponsored

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey congrats! Love the color. I don't blame you for taking it home right away. I would have done the same. Hope to get some driving impressions etc from you.

I can't believe they tried to mark it up on you. I hope you did a Rocket Raccoon laugh in their face. Did you get any rebates and/or private cash? I won't be trading in so I have already worked out my deal. I will just need to go, get the paper work filled out and hand them a check....then cya! They have actually been very good to work with.

What do you mean, no tick, wasn't that on the Window Sticker?
Not sure what you mean about a driving impression, it's just what I thought it was going to be. The dealer let us take a base PP1 home for the night back in October. We put about 100 miles on it in a day and got a good feel for what we would be getting. It was much better than a typical test drive with the salesman in the backseat. We, and I emphasize for any lawyers who may ever read this, never exceeded the speed limit. NEVER.

They didn't try to mark it up with me, it was a generic dealer markup sticker they probably put on all the cars. We had pretty much settled on the price thanks to Costco and the current Ford rebates. I beat them up a little on some things like floor mats and retro license plates we have in Oregon, because if you don't get the dealer to throw in some floor mats you aren't trying. :crackup:

The tick thing was a joke (I hope) referring to the notorious BBQ or typewriter tick.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Not sure what you mean about a driving impression, it's just what I thought it was going to be. The dealer let us take a base PP1 home for the night back in October. We put about 100 miles on it in a day and got a good feel for what we would be getting. It was much better than a typical test drive with the salesman in the backseat. We, and I emphasize for any lawyers who may ever read this, never exceeded the speed limit. NEVER.

They didn't try to mark it up with me, it was a generic dealer markup sticker they probably put on all the cars. We had pretty much settled on the price thanks to Costco and the current Ford rebates. I beat them up a little on some things like floor mats and retro license plates we have in Oregon, because if you don't get the dealer to throw in some floor mats you aren't trying. :crackup:

The tick thing was a joke (I hope) referring to the notorious BBQ or typewriter tick.
Driving impressions as in give me some stories about what you enjoy about it.....I am waiting on mine so anyone that wants to give info on their car I wanna hear it!

Car dealers and their tricks...LOL. Yeah Costco helped me too. I was surprised though at how easy it was to get dealers to go low when you say your a member.

Yeah the tick on the Windows sticker was a joke about the BBQ tick.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Driving impressions as in give me some stories about what you enjoy about it.....I am waiting on mine so anyone that wants to give info on their car I wanna hear it!
It's like sex, no matter how much description or education videos you get it's never as good as the actual thing.

So just let the anticipation drive you crazy and then it will be even more fun when you get it. :cwl:

kkjjkk12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
It’s been 5 months since I placed my order for my GT and now that we’re creeping on the build week I want to change the color.

Ugh... I want to punch myself right now.

Order: Race Red.
Want: Orange Fury

:computerrage:

I don’t think I can change right? The dealer would still be stuck with the original race red ?

Sponsored

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If you don’t have a VIN you might have a chance. But it’ll be another 5 months...

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
It’s been 5 months since I placed my order for my GT and now that we’re creeping on the build week I want to change the color.

Ugh... I want to punch myself right now.

Order: Race Red.
Want: Orange Fury

:computerrage:

I don’t think I can change right? The dealer would still be stuck with the original race red ?
That's rough. :/ Race red still looks great though!

BOBS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Auto Race Red
Good news today I checked the Ford tracking site and our EDD changed today from 1/16/19 to 1/11/16 hope this is true. We are ready to break this GT in!
mustang gt 1 (2).png

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Good news today I checked the Ford tracking site and our EDD changed today from 1/16/19 to 1/11/16 hope this is true. We are ready to break this GT in!
mustang gt 1 (2).png
I love these posts of the final countdown. Good luck with it!

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
Just checked mine today and mine was shipped. Just waiting for it to be delivered now. EDD changed to 1/19/2019.

Sponsored

BOBS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Auto Race Red
I love these posts of the final countdown. Good luck with it!
Thanks it`s getting close, will be interesting to see what day it gets here and how close the tracker is..

Brettski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A 6MT PP2 RR Active Exhaust
Ugh! My original EDD was February 19. Then it got pushed back to March 19. Now it’s March 26. My original order date was September 7. That’s 6 1/2 months. Apparently PP2’s take longer to build, lol.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Berry79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550
For those that have received their orders, how long did it say in production. Mine has been in production since the 1/2/2019. The delivery date is now 2 days earlier than the original date. Showing an estimate of next Friday. Was wondering if that’s even possible as it hasn’t even shipped yet.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Ugh! My original EDD was February 19. Then it got pushed back to March 19. Now it’s March 26. My original order date was September 7. That’s 6 1/2 months. Apparently PP2’s take longer to build, lol.
You should check out the Magnaride thread.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2019-magneride-back-ordered.112500/page-3#post-2432996
Dear God, no, don't check out the MagnaRide thread. Your PP2 is pushed back to March because it has Pilot Sport Cup tires that may crack in very cold weather. After apparently replacing full sets of tires rolled out of Flat Rock on very cold days last winter, Ford has wised up and isn't moving PP2 cars until March 31, when Flat Rock is warmer. It's not MagnaRide, which isn't backordered, as multiple people are seeing their MR cars either arrive or move forward in the schedule.
Sponsored