2019 Mustang GT Drag Pack

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You can buy used. In the end, if you really want fast, it just seems to me there's better ways of doing it. More to my point, I don't see drag racing as the Mustangs reason for being.

It's a GT car. That's what it's for. 2 people, space, pace and grace.
Yup, totally agree. :giggle::facepalm:

upload_2020-6-10_12-44-6.jpeg
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
But again, not everyone can afford all that you're saying. Just because you don't have a Hellcat doesn't mean you can't have fun going in the straight line.

I also don't get people roadracing a Mustang GT...I mean it's pretty slow on a crappy chassis and is really a GT car for pace and grace.

If you don't have a Viper ACR or 911 GT3RS, why are you even bothering going to a track day?
Yup, agree with you too. Only reason to buy a Mustang is to cruise. :cwl::crackup:

upload_2020-6-10_12-46-22.jpeg

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
You can buy used. In the end, if you really want fast, it just seems to me there's better ways of doing it. More to my point, I don't see drag racing as the Mustangs reason for being.

It's a GT car. That's what it's for. 2 people, space, pace and grace.
I'm with you. If I wanted to drag race, I'd use my brother-in-laws car.
Randys.jpg

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
But again, not everyone can afford all that you're saying. Just because you don't have a Hellcat doesn't mean you can't have fun going in the straight line.

I also don't get people roadracing a Mustang GT...I mean it's pretty slow on a crappy chassis and is really a GT car for pace and grace.

If you don't have a Viper ACR or 911 GT3RS, why are you even bothering going to a track day?
I'm guessing that if you get into drag racing, the desire to go faster and faster becomes addicting. I'm just saying you might as well start with something that's fast in a straight line to start with.

Also, I'd guess that a PP1 or PP2 car is better on a track than a strip. I think it's more in line with the intentions of a GT. Whereas a Hellcat is virtually exclusively made to do just a strip.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yup, totally agree. :giggle::facepalm:

upload_2020-6-10_12-44-6.jpeg
That's Ford's drag race car, right? I think American Top Gear did a show with one of those.

THAT is the Mustang the OP should buy!!!!:crackup::crackup:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
New member post: Want to add turbos. Suggestions please.
Mustang6g Replies: You should do suspension and tires first, power will be useless without then.

New member Post: Want to add drag tires. Suggestions please.
Mustang6g Replies: Your car too slow, you need more power first
lol.... that's awesome

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
There's some YT dude that got some Tesla, stripped it out, tires, and I think new batteries, and made it ridiculously fast in the 1/4.

My memory is shit, but that's what I remember.
Maybe so. I don't follow Tesla channels so I'm not 100% up to speed. You can heavily modify any car though, and at the end of the day you have to get what you like. Personally I like engine noise. If I wanted a straight line 1/4 mile heartbreaker race car I would actually rather have a built K20 turbo EG hatch over any Tesla but I'm weird like that

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
I'm guessing that if you get into drag racing, the desire to go faster and faster becomes addicting. I'm just saying you might as well start with something that's fast in a straight line to start with.

Also, I'd guess that a PP1 or PP2 car is better on a track than a strip. I think it's more in line with the intentions of a GT. Whereas a Hellcat is virtually exclusively made to do just a strip.
There's always somebody faster. Even the fastest Tesla will get it's ass handed to it at the drag strip by a lot of cars

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, agree with you too. Only reason to buy a Mustang is to cruise. :cwl::crackup:

upload_2020-6-10_12-46-22.jpeg
Nah that performance division, solely for the purpose of modding your GT into what you want, no one uses. We are all a bunch of old ladies cruising to church. Not that there's anything wrong with that if you are but....

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
If you are only going to use the drag pack at the drag strip, which is what I recommend, I would go with bias ply slicks. Especially with a manual but also for a 10r80 with transbrake. You can transbrake launch with bias ply slicks and the stock axles can survive.

If you are on the street I would probably go with the nitto 555r drag radial because they are decent in the rain, or MH racemasters. Racemasters grip well but your going to get like 2k miles out of them on the street I think. maybe 3500 max not entirely sure.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you are only going to use the drag pack at the drag strip, which is what I recommend, I would go with bias ply slicks. Especially with a manual but also for a 10r80 with transbrake. You can transbrake launch with bias ply slicks and the stock axles can survive.

If you are on the street I would probably go with the nitto 555r drag radial because they are decent in the rain, or MH racemasters. Racemasters grip well but your going to get like 2k miles out of them on the street I think. maybe 3500 max not entirely sure.
I was going to say the same. Nitto 555rii's are out now and they're supposed to be awesome
Sponsored