Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I know you’re all excited about the rumours the demon won’t keep up.

Just to clear it up, the demon will still beat the mustang on a preped strip with the demon crate. Ford won’t be able to match that.

The Demon won’t be able to keep up on the street.
Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
The LA auto show about over and the Detroit show starts January 13. I would think we should start see some teaser stuff anytime now not you think?! If indeed the release is imminent they would want to build some hype I would think.! I know it's very hard to keep the lid on these things so hopefully we will get a sneak peek soon!

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 SG FoRS, Forged, Moonroof
I know you’re all excited about the rumours the demon won’t keep up.

Just to clear it up, the demon will still beat the mustang on a preped strip with the demon crate. Ford won’t be able to match that.

The Demon won’t be able to keep up on the street.
I personally don't think Dodge is doing anything too extraordinary/revolutionary, Ford Performance has been selling "performance packs" many of there performance vehicles for quite some time now, I believe that given mod for mod (demon crate package) vs (Ford Performance package) + comparable big and littles, all equal, the higher HP and lighter vehicle will reign supreme, I will leave it to you to determine who that will be but my money is on the up-coming GT-500!!!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
GT500 won't be set up for the dig, but im sure the setting in drag mode with magniride will be decent.
Ultimately what is your taste, it's what it boils down to. I prefer mustang, I prefer the way the S550 looks and the way it drives and how I feel in the cockpit. None of that does the challenger have in the favor of the mustang, for me

Then add the performance to the mix and well, if you are a strip drag guy, and need to have a drag specific car and can stomach the look, demons your car. Want something that COULD beat it on the street, looks fabulous and can throw around a track, GT500 is the choice.
With all the speculation aside, GT500 woild always be my choice between the two, if for looks alone.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
GT500 won't be set up for the dig, but im sure the setting in drag mode with magniride will be decent.
Ultimately what is your taste, it's what it boils down to. I prefer mustang, I prefer the way the S550 looks and the way it drives and how I feel in the cockpit. None of that does the challenger have in the favor of the mustang, for me

Then add the performance to the mix and well, if you are a strip drag guy, and need to have a drag specific car and can stomach the look, demons your car. Want something that COULD beat it on the street, looks fabulous and can throw around a track, GT500 is the choice.
With all the speculation aside, GT500 woild always be my choice between the two, if for looks alone.
I’m calling it now, it’ll be about a full second slower than the Demon’s certified time.

It’ll do 10.5-10.7 in the 1/4@135.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
At 800+ HP 3850 lbs AND an auto, on a prepped strip, I KNOW it will do better than that. I think we see hero runs into the low 10s , 10.2, stock. With drag radials possibly 9s, that's not stock tho. The 2013 GT500 , if it came with an auto would have shaved. 5 seconds off the 11.3 time. There would be hero runs of 10.8 in that car stock. Drag radials, a 10.7. This car will have possibly 50 lbs on it but 130 more HP minimum. The only thing that will increase those times are torque figures. At 700 torque I can see 10.3 quarters with stock tires being hero runs.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
At 800+ HP 3850 lbs AND an auto, on a prepped strip, I KNOW it will do better than that. I think we see hero runs into the low 10s , 10.2, stock. With drag radials possibly 9s, that's not stock tho. The 2013 GT500 , if it came with an auto would have shaved. 5 seconds off the 11.3 time. There would be hero runs of 10.8 in that car stock. Drag radials, a 10.7. This car will have possibly 50 lbs on it but 130 more HP minimum. The only thing that will increase those times are torque figures. At 700 torque I can see 10.3 quarters with stock tires being hero runs.
I hope you’re right, I do! But it’s realistic. The “first” one is still said to be quicker than the demon as per Bmac. Can we agree the first one will be - speculative of course - the better street car? I can honestly say my gut feeling is the NVH dept will not allow the proper bushings in the rear end to prevent wheel hop. If ford can solve that issue, with making it a good street car.. then maybe.

It’ll be mid 10s. That’s really fast still! There is no way, literally No way to get to the certified demon time without slicks and the other goodies.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
At 800+ HP 3850 lbs

A fully loaded GT is already pushing that weight, I think it would be foolish to assume a forced induction factory model would get even within 100lbs of that.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I really hope they don't go for a crazy horsepower number just for the sake of being able to do it. I want power that can actually be used on the street or track without having to turn to drag radials. Maybe it will have a progressive tune that doesn't blow the tires off from a dig and ramps up at speed. Taking that even further maybe different engine power settings tied to different modes.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
A fully loaded GT is already pushing that weight, I think it would be foolish to assume a forced induction factory model would get even within 100lbs of that.
I'm just relaying what Bmac noted. 3800 lbs ? 'Sounds about right' I rounded up to 3850.
Guess there are other foolish people here.

I hope you’re right, I do! But it’s realistic. The “first” one is still said to be quicker than the demon as per Bmac. Can we agree the first one will be - speculative of course - the better street car? I can honestly say my gut feeling is the NVH dept will not allow the proper bushings in the rear end to prevent wheel hop. If ford can solve that issue, with making it a good street car.. then maybe.

It’ll be mid 10s. That’s really fast still! There is no way, literally No way to get to the certified demon time without slicks and the other goodies.
I fully agree, no where did I say it would beat a demons DRAG time, but I fully expect it to keep up with it on the road. There is a huge difference between a street and a prepped track. Also, guys aren't gonna drive around with race fuel and even if they did, most have a loaded rear and front seat and it's still not putting all the power to the street. Same with the GT500. I'll make friendly wager ($1.) it does better than your 10.5 tho. By several .1

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
So, are we thinking this is for the car coming possibly in January 2018 or the "next" one coming later?
The first one is making it's debut in January. Probably be available to buy in the summer, I'm assuming.
The second one in 2012 sometime.

Blue 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I’m calling it now, it’ll be about a full second slower than the Demon’s certified time.

It’ll do 10.5-10.7 in the 1/4@135.
Has anyone even been able to recreate the time the demon is suppose to run. i think most testers did not come close to it?

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Who knows how much light-weighting has taken place... one would hope they learned a few things from the Ford GT.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It would be foolish if you didn't consider any significant lightweighting, some of which is pretty out of the box.
Sponsored