Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

ProblemHouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350 replica
Hmmm, remember a while back Ford registered the name EcoBeast? Sounds like the perfect oxymoron badge for a potential GT500 with additional battery power

:ford:
Had us all thinking TT instead of hybrid. All the performance and 25+ MPG. :eyebulge:
Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
So you asked hybrid or AWD, do you think the motors will power the front wheels or rear wheels? I personally don’t see the point of them powering the rear wheels when They could just make a more power for engine but on the other hand I guess if they put All the equipment in the trunk it would give better weight distribution and put that weight over the rear wheels.
I think packaging would be a problem, especially if S550. Next gen is a modular platform, D6, will be shared with vehicles that will be FWD & AWD, which means could be versatile enough to allow AWD Mustang, although Mustang's platform will be known as D6R, which could mean RWD-only.

To answer your question, if they aim for high rpm and outright power with the combustion engine it could prove to be laggy, therefore an electric motor would be good to fill the loss in power at lower rpm. Much like LaFerrari.

Last edited:

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Falc'man;2076558 To answer your question said:
That’s a good point, and to help out with balance they Could place most of that added weight over the rear wheels in the trunk area.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I asked the guy that put in the electric motor and this is his response.

‘So the mule is putting the electric motor on a 5.0. I dont know what the end product will be. The electric motor is sandwiched between the trans and the engine though, so it could go on ANY mustang engine for the end product’.

Last edited:

ProblemHouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350 replica

‘So the mule is putting the electric motor on a 5.0. I dont know what the end product will be. The electric motor is sandwiched between the trans and the engine though, so it could go on ANY mustang engine for the end product’.
Well I'll be darned! That is really a game changer. Also sounds like the electric motor will still power the rear wheels.

Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon

Awesome.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo

So, are we thinking this is for the car coming possibly in January 2018 or the "next" one coming later?

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
So, are we thinking this is for the car coming possibly in January 2018 or the "next" one coming later?
Next generation S650.

It was announced earlier this year that next gen Mustang would be hybrid, and I'm still looking for the interview a Ford exec had that Topnotch posted months ago. The exec asked something to the effect of "how would you like a 5.0 Mustang with additional electric motors at the rear wheels?".

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Next generation S650.

It was announced earlier this year that next gen Mustang would be hybrid, and I'm still looking for the interview a Ford exec had that Topnotch posted months ago. The exec asked something to the effect of "how would you like a 5.0 Mustang with additional electric motors at the rear wheels?".
I thought I read somewhere that both GT500 models we were discussing where going to be S550 based.? Either way I'm jumping on the first one and can always "up-Grade" if needed! :cheers:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I don't think there are many people that believe 1) its going to be 800+HP and 2) there is going to be a Hybrid with Front wheel power with 800+ HP, essentially a NSX destroyer.
Why are people so closed minded?
I BELIEVE!!!!:D
HA HAAAAAAA
I believe as well! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
'21 GT500KR in a S550 hybrid.. Top-notch said that the S650 got dropped back to march 2021, so this fits the time frame for ford to run a 2021 MY GT500 with 'more sophistication, more power and heavier than 4000 lbs.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I just noticed what you’ve got in bold. The way I understand that is as follows:
The first [MY19] is sub 4000lbs and no electric motors. The next will beover 4000lbs, which indicates either hybridor AWD. Can’t be AWD because S550.

Is it easier to fit a transaxle than it is to go AWD?
Bmac can give us hints but can't spell it out for us. I can tho ;)
My thoughts, and it's just mine, Is it possible to get it in the S550?? I don't know... my speculator has short circuited.

Last edited:

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Next generation S650.

[ame]

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I think packaging would be a problem, especially if S550. Next gen is a modular platform, D6, will be shared with vehicles that will be FWD & AWD, which means could be versatile enough to allow AWD Mustang, although Mustang's platform will be known as D6R, which could mean RWD-only.

To answer your question, if they aim for high rpm and outright power with the combustion engine it could prove to be laggy, therefore an electric motor would be good to fill the loss in power at lower rpm. Much like LaFerrari.
When it comes to flexing platforms alot of that is done in front of the B Pillar. As alot of packaging, and crash validation goes into that structure. Aft of that point you will generally start to see more deviation in body structures based on the same platform but in a different vehicle segment.

I don't the R in D6R will really pigeon hole the car to much.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I believe the exact wording was that there would be a hybrid version of the S650..not that the entire S650 generation would be hybrid.
Sponsored