2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
Theoretically, at 3900 lbs and 800 HP, with a drag pack car you could see low 10s.
The demon at 4200 lbs and 840 HP. Is a lower HP to weight than the GT500 would be at 3900 lbs and 800HP.
Calculator says 10.38 ET for GT500 vs 10.48 for demon at those weights. IMO the demon makes way more than 840HP to get the 9.6 times. Maybe 840 WP haha. Im sure my calculator is off a bit. Either way if numbers above were true...the GT500 in that form could even beat a demon.
Those times have undoubtedly come from a track where the conditions were perfect, the track prepped in the right manner, good temperature, etc. We'll know once owners begin taking delivery and heading to the track. I bet anything they will be running 10s all day. Although, you have to account for the fact that the Demon is set up to be one thing and one thing only: a street-legal, warrantied drag car. The GT500/Cobra wont be, I'm sure, unless we get a sweet ass drag pack like you're suggesting. I also doubt it will come with the cool-ass boost-building launch mode that the Demon employs, so it will be at a disadvantage off the line.
I don't want the GT500/Cobra being a quarter mile car anyway. I want it to beat the ZL1's ass all up and down whichever road course it so pleases. Besides, if this new Halo Stang is compared to any FCA car, its going to be the Hellcat, which I'm certain will pale in comparison. But if, IF Ford wants to compete with the Demon, they just need to make a slightly less hardcore, street-legal Cobra Jet..
Sponsored

Last edited:

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Yep+1 could care less about how it stacks up to the Demon! It's all about them curves for me. Sure it will be hella fast in a straight line but handling is where I hope they put there $$ and attention to! Take the GT350R as a start and go to 11!!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yeah, there is no doubt at all that ford is going after the zl1 - 1le but what saying is, if they pushed the GT500 to 800HP and kept the weight at around 3900, it will be more power to weight than the demon with race fuel in it, which most wont run on the street anyway. Would be fantastic for the drag guys if ford offered a drag pack with special suspension and DRs.
Me...i could care less. Ill take the 755 HP track pack KR version (if another model doesnt come and tempt me more)

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Can't deny that Ford has really been on it's game lately! With the Raptor, GT350R, and GT I think we have reason to have high standards/hopes! None of those vehicles are anything like what the competitors are offering! That's why I think we have a great shot at a TT/DCT beast! It's out of the box from what the other guys are selling. I mean a turbo 6 in your baddest truck and a TT V6 in a 500k super car! When you think about it a TT V8 muscle car would be the cherry on top!! When you think of it that way it's not crazy at all! When you are ballsey enough to build a limited edition super car with an ecoboost V6 a TTV8 mustang should be a walk in the park! The

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Was hoping for that too but from what the insiders are saying, the 5.2 is what we're gettin.
Still, there are 5 more FP cars coming before 2020... so who knows...possibly.

Sponsored

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
The TT V8 HAS to be coming in something, with as much Ford has been doing with turbos and Ecoboost

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I still can't fathom how a supercharged V8 is not a step backwards? I guess we will know sooner than later!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I still can't fathom how a supercharged V8 is not a step backwards? I guess we will know sooner than later!
I agree that to most of the enthusiast types who are considering a GT500 (or its replacement) the engine/drivetrain is the most important part of the car.

In my opinion a supercharged V8 will be a yawner and it doesn't matter how much power it makes.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Exactly... "Wow!... it's got a SC V8!"... so does this one and that one and the other. *yawn*

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
That is why I can't see it. There has to be something that makes it stand out! Another SC V8 will be white noise? I just doesn't fit what they have been doing! Everything else in the line up is turbo. I really think a lot of us are going to be very disappointed with something that can be done pretty easily aftermarket. Hopefully they have some surprises in store!

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
They must be banking on the dct to be the it factor....that pushes people to buy.
Got news for them...i like it, but it wont push me to buy.
Im gonna be patient with this next one. Maybe wait for a 2020 MY. Who knows maybe a 429 will suddenly be announced ;)
I THINK they wilk have both the zl1 and zl1 1le beat...but that doesnt equal automatically SOLD in my book.

Last edited:

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Honestly...

People can say "who cars about drag racing/straight line/etc..I'm all about the curves", however the vast majority of racing any GT500 is going to do will be 1/4 mile blasts..and Ford knows that.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Honestly...

People can say "who cars about drag racing/straight line/etc..I'm all about the curves", however the vast majority of racing any GT500 is going to do will be 1/4 mile blasts..and Ford knows that.
Whether you see them on road courses depends on exactly what Ford builds.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Honestly...

If that was the case they would be benchmarking the Demon. The mules have been seen testing with ZL1s which would indicate handling over strait line performance. However, I have no doubt it will be blistering fast in said straight line!!
Sponsored