Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yeah okay. For some reason I thought you were referring to driving the 500.

All good carry on :headbang:
You two had me holding my breath for a second!!! :lol:
I thought, " there's no way he's going to slip up and fall for that"...but I was wishing!! That would have been one helluva Christmas present!!!
Sponsored

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
Mach 1?

Your probably right, but this is what I see.
I'm sure the bulge is for SC clearance and the single large vent reminds me of the twin vents on the Cobra hood. A motor with this potential will put out lots of heat and need that air flow. I hope the fender vents we've seen (prototypes) on top of the wheel are there as well as the current behind the wheel vents on the GT 350. GM has had issues with cooling (Z06's) and so has Ford (non track pack cars) and if this is car performs as speculated then it will need all the airflow if can get.

I'll be at the 18 NAIAS (Industry day) and hope to see what I've been dreaming about. For the first time I'm considering parting with my 03 Cobra. That is strong praise for a car I haven't seen yet.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The buldge looks very much like the center heat extractor on the GT350, but taller.
Yup. Definitely looks larger and longer.

I don't believe this is the current GT350:
1) Hood bulge is significantly larger
2) Lower side cooling vents on grill are much larger
I'll agree with that.

Who needs the lottery? Hell if it takes any longer we should have been able to save up enough to pay for the damn thing outright!
HA HAAAAAA
True story.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
That hood sure makes it look like it could be the GT500
Hard to tell. That’s a form fitting cover.

It’s hugging the lines very closely.

Looks exactly like a GT350.

The Instagram post owner thinks its a GT500, so who knows.

I do hope the GT500 goes with a more integrated look and not the tacked on look of the GT350 though. I think the look works for the 350, but the 500 should be distinct and look like it was built the way it is from the start.

The only way it should look the same or similar is if the GT500 is instead labeled the GT350 KR.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Maybe this is how they get costs down to 70K that people are wanting. Just throw a different hood on it and keep everything else the same aesthetically, maybe different wing.
I'd prefer the headlights of the 350 anyway, so if this is the case, fine by me. I'm hoping for the top front fender vents, that would be a cool look as well as help with ventilation. From the pic, with the cover, the rear wheels are a bit small. My R wheels in 315's stick further past the well.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Maybe this is how they get costs down to 70K that people are wanting. Just throw a different hood on it and keep everything else the same aesthetically, maybe different wing.
I'd prefer the headlights of the 350 anyway, so if this is the case, fine by me. I'm hoping for the top front fender vents, that would be a cool look as well as help with ventilation. From the pic, with the cover, the rear wheels are a bit small. My R wheels in 315's stick further past the well.
Yeah odd. Good eye.

Mach variant?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Thats what I immediately thought when I seen that black cover pic, was the Mach1. I would think that the Mach variant would have a nice size wing in the back like the original, but the hood looks bulky and maybe a scoop there? Hard to tell, but if this is a Mach1, I hope it doesn't put off the GT500 even more.

I don't know, it seems that right now ford has too much mustang variants in the works. Bullit, GT350, GT350R, GT500, maybe a KR GT500. Seems like too much BS for the line workers to absorb without mishaps. I hope they just cut the 350 all together that way they can concentrate in pumping out new product that more people are going to want out of the gate. There will only be 2.5 MY's to pump out GT500's. Kinda hard to do if they are building all the rest of the BS. Maybe there wont be R's and KR's to choose from, that would help speed things along, but also discourage some buyers.

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I would like one end all be all street killer! Make from base with the ability to option it up to 11! Everyone can build it like they want! Not that hard. Kind of what they did with the Demon.

Last edited:

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Vents

Vents over the Wheel Arch or the Hood, because there ain’t much Fender on top?